Sutton's Locomotive Works class 24

Dan Griffin

Link the SLW facebook post mentioned above re photo 24135: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=238641859900519&substory_index=0&id=184632555301450

Great news if a headcode box 24 is next, Highland pre tops BR blue would suit me! With the various detail permutations (grille blanking plates, cantrail water fillers, cabside token apperatus, headlights to name a few) I think SLW is well placed to cover different variations. The Bachmann one seems to have been on the back burner for ever and is unlikely to be able to offer so many detail variations; IF it ever appears I doubt the price will be hugely different either.

Good news indeed (if) a H/C box 24 is on the cards, although I'm also hoping a ScR 24 with the discs "centered" on the nose end doors is also being considered ?  - as this nose end tooling already exists - see photo 4 of the SLW home page.......

Edited by tractor_37260

Good news indeed (if) a H/C box 24 is on the cards, although I'm also hoping a ScR 24 with the discs "centered" on the nose end doors is also being considered ?  - as this nose end tooling already exists - see photo 4 of the SLW home page.......

Do you share my preference for the locos with nose doors, even if plated over, ahead of the three big cab front windows? And the early pattern of vents over the arrangement where they were moved to cantrail level? So, paint them blue, put on full yellow ends and (if they were so adorned) put a highland stag on them, for Inverness...

...and I'll buy the lot. Sound, stay-alive, the full bhuna, because SLW have forever raised the standard for RTR diesel models. Much of the rest of my collection are forming an orderly queue towards eBay!

• Like 1

Do you share my preference for the locos with nose doors, even if plated over, ahead of the three big cab front windows? And the early pattern of vents over the arrangement where they were moved to cantrail level? So, paint them blue, put on full yellow ends and (if they were so adorned) put a highland stag on them, for Inverness...

...and I'll buy the lot. Sound, stay-alive, the full bhuna, because SLW have forever raised the standard for RTR diesel models. Much of the rest of my collection are forming an orderly queue towards eBay!

John,

You might be interested in some information regarding these models that I will be posting later tonight or tomorrow.

Kind regards

Paul

• Like 1

This sounds like it could be an expensive Christmas...

John,

You might be interested in some information regarding these models that I will be posting later tonight or tomorrow.

Kind regards

Paul

Hurry up i've had a belly load of Carlsberg and need to hit the sack :thankyou: 

• RMweb Gold

Gimmi click click gimmi, click click click, gimi...

Why's it not working? I want it. I want it now....

What is it/they anyway?????  I don't care. Gimmi, click click gimim, click                      bang!

Kev.

(Waiting in slight anticipation.)

Guest Q663368

Gimmi click click gimmi, click click click, gimi...

Why's it not working? I want it. I want it now....

What is it/they anyway?????  I don't care. Gimmi, click click gimim, click                      bang!

Kev.

(Waiting in slight anticipation.)

That Paul guy is a real tease.

The alternative settings work really well, and as mentioned may suit some more than others, but it does add a different set of sound settings for FREE to an already excellent package. 

Hopefully a New Year mailshot from SLW will announce 24's with head code boxes, with some featuring headlights ...........?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I just wondered if anyone has any photos of 24063 as I haven't been able to find any? I'm tempted to order one from SLW and just wondered how much different to 24081 it looks?

Thanks

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Hi all

I just wondered if anyone has any photos of 24063 as I haven't been able to find any? I'm tempted to order one from SLW and just wondered how much different to 24081 it looks?

Thanks

Mark

Have you tried googling - found some there

Pjhil

• RMweb Gold

I think 47375 means the models?

If not, here's a January 1979 shot at Cockshute of both 081 and 063, the next shot in the sequence shows 063 full frame, this one 081.

The weathering on both locos looks identical.

https://flic.kr/p/6U4TFe

063 full frame

https://flic.kr/p/6U56na

Neil

Edited by Downendian

• RMweb Gold

Hi all

Thanks

Mark

Other than the paint embellishments that 24081 had obviously not being present, I think the only difference was the sand boxes?

Bit crocked with a bad ankle at the moment, but if you pm me any specific bits you want photos of the two to compare let me know and I will try to sort it this weekend.

Roy

• RMweb Gold

No news from Phil and Jamie yet and I am itching to know what is planned. Rather hoping for 24136 in BR green!

Mind you, my wife and wallet are both hoping that there is nothing of interest announced.

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge

Posted on FB earlier today.

DARLO GREEN IS NEW YEAR SELL OUT

Apologies for illustrating this report with a picture but it was too good an opportunity to miss. Plenty of North Eastern modellers must have got money from their grannies this year, as a post Christmas rush has seen our D5107 models (BR green small yellow panels) sell out. Either that, or their are loads of people building layouts featuring Tyne Dock to Consett workings!

Anybody who placed an order after December 23rd (whilst we were officially on holiday) will have now had it processed and the model will already be on its way to you. We are now back to normal hours and welcome enquiries by telephone on 01780 470086.

Some may recognise the background of this image as the warehouses on the superb EM gauge layout 'Canada Street', built by my good friend Pete Johnson. The layout is featured in the current issue of Model Railway Journal and will be one of the exhibits at the forthcoming Chiltern Model Railway Exhibition at the new venue of Stevenage on January 14th & 15th - see: http://www.cmra.org.uk/exhibition.html It is certainly worth seeing in action and I will likely take a quick trip down the ECML myself that weekend. Might bump into you...

15822709_250634492034589_328641495808541
  • Like 4

Good news that the various models are selling out, hopefully funding new models. The thing is though we're 8 days into the new year and the suspense is killing Me!

I have no interest in Bachmann's new releases, but i'm desperate to spend more money with Slw!

Come on Phil, release those new Rats! (And maybe a park royal dmu and a class 40!)

• Like 2