Česky Západ - HO Czech Layout

Neils WRX

6 hours ago, D1023 said:

Jacek Modely do a 714 soundfile for Zimo http://jacek-modely.cz/soubory/modely/zvuk_714.008.mp3

In my opinion these are the best czech/slovak sounds out there. All my locos use them.

http://www.jacek-modely.cz/ZIMO/zvukove_projekty_Jacek.pdf

Will hopefully go with that option at some point.

One daft question how do upload the file ? I’ve not used a Jacek project before. I have varied success using a Z21 Black to upload Zimo files which is one of the reasons I tend to stick with ESU products.

From looking on his website I have to get the unlock code I have to purchase it from another website. 

Has this been trouble free?

Sorry for the questions.

Thanks,

Neil

Hi Neil,

Email Petr on the contact email on his webpage [http://www.jacek-modely.cz/] he speaks english.

Explain what you need including the make of the model its for eg Roco or MTB etc

You send the decoder ID and he sends a paypal link - you pay and he sends the unlock codes. Really simple.

I've uploaded on the Z21, its a bit of a faff (and I am by no means a DCC expert!!) but even I manged it successfully.

Tim

• Like 2

Roco v Bramos

As there are now some Roco cement wagons with more modern lettering I treated myself to a pair of ZSSK Onions.

I thought it was worthwhile doing a quick comparison between the earlier Bramos version.

The Roco model is a version is a finely detailed model, but the existing Bramos version actually stands up fairly well. So I won’t be rushing to replace them at £130 a pair.

Which is which?????

Roco v Bramos

Roco on the left, Bramos on the right.

Thanks, 

Neil

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Neils WRX said:

Roco v Bramos

As there are now some Roco cement wagons with more modern lettering I treated myself to a pair of ZSSK Onions.

I thought it was worthwhile doing a quick comparison between the earlier Bramos version.

The Roco model is a version is a finely detailed model, but the existing Bramos version actually stands up fairly well. So I won’t be rushing to replace them at £130 a pair.

Which is which?????

Roco v Bramos

Roco on the left, Bramos on the right.

Thanks, 

Neil

We have a few in TT scale but as none made it to Dobris I dont have any HO ones. They do look nice though.

22 hours ago, roundhouse said:

We have a few in TT scale but as none made it to Dobris I dont have any HO ones. They do look nice though.

Rule 1: I’m sure a local factory building project could do with a cement delivery ???

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Nothing Much to See Here ….

As the title say’s not much has happened pretty much all my modelling time has been spent on the Belgian layout.

Just one arrival, yet another 751 this one with the later ribbed body style. The model is by Roco and I have fitted an ESU Loksound v5 Decoder and at the moment I’m just using the standard decoder file.

CD 751375 - Roco

Next are just a few random pictures that I’ve posted on the Belgian MPD Facebook page.

749250 - Roco

CD 749250 - Roco

743086 - MTB 

CD 742085 - MTB

751004 MTB 

CD 751004 - MTB

781505 Roco

CD 781505 - Roco

Thanks,

Neil

• Like 9

• 5 months later...

Better reawaken this thread as I’ve accepted an exhibition invite.

The layout will have its first outing since Newmarket in 2004, when it goes to Paisley in December 2024.

So I now have a list of jobs to do and improvements to make.

Here’s a picture of an arrival I don’t think I’ve featured before yes, yet another 751!!

CD 751229 - Roco

Thanks,

Neil

Edited by Neils WRX
  • Like 11

On 12/12/2023 at 03:18, Stefan88 said:

Can't have enough Bardotkas on a Czech layout! Especially with so many different liveries.

I know have 11 so far all different… it was one of the things that attracted me to the Czech Republic in the first place!!

First bit of updating only took 30 seconds, road resurfaced..

Road Resurfacing!!

Thanks,

Neil

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick New Year Update 

Santa came up trumps with a Piko 720 in Red and Yellow livery. 

CD 720046 - Piko

As I had a parcel coming from Menzels (see my Belgian thread) I asked them to include some of the models I ordered earlier in the year.

One key one was a Roco 810 and a few 010 trailers in red and cream livery. The Roco 810 comes with a single trailer.

CD 810458 - Roco

I added another two trailers the only issue is the Roco 810 cannot pull the skin off a rice pudding…. The problem is the trailers are fitted with pick-ups and these are very stiff so restrict the wheels turning freely.

However they are fine when being towed with a loco (as obviously the loco is more powerful).

Roco suggest fitting a 10895 DCC chip for control of the lights so that’s another job to get round to.

One question in the real world how many trailers can an 810 tow? I must be honest I only used to take interest if the trailers had a 751 on the front… Need to buy more trailers!!!

Thanks,

Neil

• Like 6

Now for something completely different….

Been tempted by one of these for a little while, in the end seeing one at a sale price was enough to tempt me.

Always fancied a steam engine as had a number of excellent runs off them over the years in the Czech Republic. This one although being based in Bratislava has worked to Prague so that’s a good enough excuse for me….

Thanks,

Neil

• Like 5

On 02/01/2024 at 22:09, Neils WRX said:

I added another two trailers the only issue is the Roco 810 cannot pull the skin off a rice pudding…. The problem is the trailers are fitted with pick-ups and these are very stiff so restrict the wheels turning freely.

You could remove the pick-ups from all but 1 trailer and fit twin pole coupling bars wired up to the lights, then run it all from a single decoder in only one of the trailers, Would save on decoders too.

I have seen photos of various combos with an 810 at each end, as these don't have multiple unit controls I assume the one at the rear is dragged along dead. But this would allow you to run a motorised 810 at each end and solve the traction issue.

• Like 1

On 02/01/2024 at 23:09, Neils WRX said:

One question in the real world how many trailers can an 810 tow? I must be honest I only used to take interest if the trailers had a 751 on the front… Need to buy more trailers!!!

If you want to keep it realistic, the most trailers I've seen with single 810 is two. If there were more, then there also was at least one other 810 somewhere in the train. Either in the middle (two trains coupled together) or at the rear, in both cases most likely running and with a second driver. 

But it's been some time since I had a chance to see a 810 with a trailer around, it's either 814s or single 810 nowadays. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

16 hours ago, Stefan88 said:

You could remove the pick-ups from all but 1 trailer and fit twin pole coupling bars wired up to the lights, then run it all from a single decoder in only one of the trailers, Would save on decoders too.

I have seen photos of various combos with an 810 at each end, as these don't have multiple unit controls I assume the one at the rear is dragged along dead. But this would allow you to run a motorised 810 at each end and solve the traction issue.

That’s a good idea, I’ll have a think about that, as you say it will save on decoders!!

I did think about changing the pickups to be just fine wire ones.

Currently I run round the trailer/trailers on the layout after a train has terminated. Another option I guess is buy another 810 to save the run rounds…..

I do recall all sorts of “lash-ups” over the years. I have a feeling I have seen a Btax with Bix trailers together with a loco on the front. But that was a long time ago.

I know rule 1 applies but I like to get it correct if I can.

Thanks,

Neil

9 hours ago, JBr said:

If you want to keep it realistic, the most trailers I've seen with single 810 is two. If there were more, then there also was at least one other 810 somewhere in the train. Either in the middle (two trains coupled together) or at the rear, in both cases most likely running and with a second driver. 

But it's been some time since I had a chance to see a 810 with a trailer around, it's either 814s or single 810 nowadays. 

Thanks for that, a maximum of 2 trailers is fine. Out of interest can 810’s work in multiple through a train as there is multiple working cable on the ends.

i think I remember 842’s dragging Bix trailers as well. I also think I remember Bix and Btax trailers together being towed by 751’s.

Thanks,

Neil

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Neils WRX said:

That’s a good idea, I’ll have a think about that, as you say it will save on decoders!!

I did think about changing the pickups to be just fine wire ones.

Currently I run round the trailer/trailers on the layout after a train has terminated. Another option I guess is buy another 810 to save the run rounds…..

I do recall all sorts of “lash-ups” over the years. I have a feeling I have seen a Btax with Bix trailers together with a loco on the front. But that was a long time ago.

I know rule 1 applies but I like to get it correct if I can.

Thanks,

Neil

I have been in the trailer being pushed by a 810 along a branch with the guard sitting in the front window of the trailer. The run round at the branch terminus had wagons parked in the loop.

Our first trip to Dobris was in three or four trailers hauled by a class 714. At Dobris they took one trailer off and left it in a siding then ran round the remaining ones for the return journey.