• RMweb Premium

I mentioned it to some fellow members at the model railway club last night, many including those who had received a subscription copy were unaware of the problem until I told them. I have forwarded the e-mail from Chris with the page copy attachment to them.

I mentioned it to some fellow members at the model railway club last night, many including those who had received a subscription copy were unaware of the problem until I told them. I have forwarded the e-mail from Chris with the page copy attachment to them.

Many thanks. (CJL)

I agree - FB only allows part of the page to be printed - I've just spent some time not getting a full page to print  - what a palava - subscribers should be emailed a pdf of the complete page

Chris

I'm afraid that if we had to e-mail thousands of subscribers then next month's magazine won't appear at all. I will ask if the page can be printed on the back of the cover sheet that goes out with next month's subs copies but I doubt it will be possible. I'm afraid the best we can do is to offer to e-mail it or print and post it to those who request it. I'm not in the office again till Monday but if you e-mail Jane and/or Mike, they will be able to help you. We have done our best to cover all the bases so that those who need a printed copy can get one. Unfortunately, these things happen - for some reason there was a delay in the system submitting the pages to the printer and in the process page 61 did not over-write as it should have done. It wasn't noticed until magazines reached the editorial office a week later. (CJL)

• RMweb Gold

Thats what you get when printing is outsourced to to different factories, its probably printed in wales so they are up against the language barrier too, the sooner model rail bring the printing back 'in house' with a john bull printing press the better!

I for one will be waiting until the next batch of magazines are released in february to see if quality is improved before buying

At least it's not being produced by Sanda Kan, then it would be a case of January edition of what year ;)

• RMweb Gold

I'm afraid that if we had to e-mail thousands of subscribers then next month's magazine won't appear at all. I will ask if the page can be printed on the back of the cover sheet that goes out with next month's subs copies but I doubt it will be possible. I'm afraid the best we can do is to offer to e-mail it or print and post it to those who request it. I'm not in the office again till Monday but if you e-mail Jane and/or Mike, they will be able to help you. We have done our best to cover all the bases so that those who need a printed copy can get one. Unfortunately, these things happen - for some reason there was a delay in the system submitting the pages to the printer and in the process page 61 did not over-write as it should have done. It wasn't noticed until magazines reached the editorial office a week later. (CJL)

Hi Chris

I understand - is there any chance what is on the FB page could be made as a one page pdf we can print and slip into our mags?

or even on here?

Stewart

Hi Folks,  Have spoken to Richard recently and believe he's hoping to resolve the missing page issue.  If we can't find a suitable solution I can always post the missing text and photo's of the finished model and there are numerous images of the prototype on the internet, hope this helps.  Kind regards and very best wishes to everyone for Christmas,  Paul (Lunn).

Hi Chris

I understand - is there any chance what is on the FB page could be made as a one page pdf we can print and slip into our mags?

There is a one-page pdf version available by e-mail or by Royal Mail. You'll need to contact the office Friday before 1pm : jane.skinner@bauermedia.co.uk

or chris.leigh@bauermedia.co.uk

but I won't be in the office till Monday.

As I said, this is the quick fix, Ok for those online, but those who just buy the paper copy and don't go online, then publishing the missing page in a future magazine is best answer(it might also tempt some to buy another issue). Alternatively put a voucher in magazine which people can send off to get missing page. I think that would actually cost more, and I would be happier with the missing page in a future issue.

As I mentioned on the other thread, these themed issues can build up into a useful collection for future reference. Far more likely to look back over these themed articles than the reviews of new locos.

There is a potential danger of pushing people towards the internet for info etc, and that is you could literally be burning your bridges, and eventually there is even less interest in a printed magazine. From evidence of increase real books being bought when it was thought that e-books would take over, I think that is not going to happen, and we could see more printed magazines being bought. Marketing departments may disagree, but I suspect they also predicted a downturn in real book ownership.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Try this:

That's all very well, but what about those of us who want to slice out the offending page and replace it with a correct one, Sellotaped carefully in place? For that we need pages 61 and 62 so we can printed them backed.

Yours,

NeverSatisfiedAndNotToBeTakenSeriously

Archived