Due to an error at the printers, page 61 of MR217 is missing. If you’d like to view page 61, please follow this link to our Facebook page, where you can view two separate images to view the page in its entirety: https://www.facebook.com/modelrail/photos/pcb.10153350220438207/10153350220193207/?type=3&theater 

(Even if you do not have a Facebook account, you will still be able to view the image.)

Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

We all hope you enjoy the rest of the issue.

Kind regards, the Model Rail team.

• RMweb Premium

Sadly all facebook  pages are blocked by my work!

I wondered why the advert appeared twice.

I will have to use my laptop tonight to look at the missing page and print it out to put in the magazine.

Thanks for letting us know dibber25, at least those on here can sort the problem out. Hope you have also let mremag know as well.

• RMweb Gold

i think this is wholly unacceptable, ever since model rail first announced the introduction of the january edition of model rail back in the december issue they have had ample opportunity to get the magazine right, surely those in charge at 'so called' model rail had samples of the magazine and could have seen that something wasn't right, or they knew and just hoped that us 'end users' wouldnt notice the errors, of course many wouldnt have noticed but once you know the error is there then it spoils your enjoyment of the magazine and compared to what the mag cost 10 years ago these errors are something that should not happen, we shouldnt be expected to click on a link to remedy errors in a mag of this price

i mean its not as if its the only publication of this type released this month, again probably caused by editors not getting together behind closed doors and discussing their future plans, it resulted in yet more duplication, model rail, Hornby mag, railway modeller, brm, all releasing the same paper based product within weeks of each other, in fact it happens month after month, year after year

also having had a closer look at the magazine the red title banner appears to be a different shade of red to the original publication, the font seems too big, the white is too white on the front page and the cab light appears to be lit on the train on page 86

• RMweb Gold

Yes very good , big Jim. I think I'm also correct in saying youve published this before the actual printed magazine is published , otherwise it would be more damning that no one noticed !

yes, i've only heard mention of it on the net, but i have been reading since i was about 3 years old so feel im more than qualified to pass judgement

• RMweb Premium

i think this is wholly unacceptable, ever since model rail first announced the introduction of the january edition of model rail back in the december issue they have had ample opportunity to get the magazine right, surely those in charge at 'so called' model rail had samples of the magazine and could have seen that something wasn't right, or they knew and just hoped that us 'end users' wouldnt notice the errors, of course many wouldnt have noticed but once you know the error is there then it spoils your enjoyment of the magazine and compared to what the mag cost 10 years ago these errors are something that should not happen, we shouldnt be expected to click on a link to remedy errors in a mag of this price

Surely it's a fault of the printers, not the Model Rail Team. Even if they signed off on a correct magazine, issues can happen at any point during the printing process.

• RMweb Gold

Surely it's a fault of the printers, not the Model Rail Team. Even if they signed off on a correct magazine, issues can happen at any point during the printing process.

Thats what you get when printing is outsourced to to different factories, its probably printed in wales so they are up against the language barrier too, the sooner model rail bring the printing back 'in house' with a john bull printing press the better!

I for one will be waiting until the next batch of magazines are released in february to see if quality is improved before buying

• RMweb Premium

Yes very good , big Jim. I think I'm also correct in saying youve published this before the actual printed magazine is published , otherwise it would be more damning that no one noticed !

I had received my copy before it appeared on here!

• RMweb Gold

Does it have the correct number of staples down the centre line, and are they the correct thickness ? If this small but often overlooked detail is correct, then I can forgive the printing errors within.

ive had a good look at mine and can't see any staples at all, i can only assume mine was put together on friday afternoon so have been left off the finished mag, looked in the bag it was delivered in and nothing in there either, to top it off mine has been printed upside down with the pages opening the wrong way, see the attached picture....

5622DB16-A618-4270-9B87-829E545FD253.jpg

• RMweb Gold

I'm having trouble printing it off of Facebook. There was an e-mail address given on Facebook where you could ask for a copy to be e-mailed. I have e-mailed them and waiting for a reply.

I agree - FB only allows part of the page to be printed - I've just spent some time not getting a full page to print  - what a palava - subscribers should be emailed a pdf of the complete page

Chris

ive had a good look at mine and can't see any staples at all, i can only assume mine was put together on friday afternoon so have been left off the finished mag, looked in the bag it was delivered in and nothing in there either, to top it off mine has been printed upside down with the pages opening the wrong way, see the attached picture....

5622DB16-A618-4270-9B87-829E545FD253.jpg

No, that's an export copy for Australia.  It looks normal from here.

Things like this can happen. Thing is to sort out a fix . A Facebook print is a quick fix, but I would hope that a proper page to download would be on the Model Rail website. Then there is the problem of printing it as magazine size is not same as what most people have at home. This is assuming that all readers have access to a computer and printer.

Thus I would hope that the missing page is included in a not too distant issue of the magazine, so it can be cut out and put in the faulty issue of the magazine.

Archived