So, what do you make of this?

Looking through the window, I think it probably refers to the seats. They look comfy. Not.

Edit: This one was posted on RMWeb a while back...

post-17811-0-30065800-1450859492.jpg

Looking through the window, I think it probably refers to the seats. They look comfy. Not.

Edit: This one was posted on RMWeb a while back...

attachicon.gif63770.jpg

Actually I found the Dessie seats to be very comfortable when I went on one last month. Some of us prefer a firm seat due to back issues. The old Mk1 seats were terribly uncomfortable for me.

Agreed, Wombat.

Luckily, I don't suffer back trouble (fingers crossed!), but I too prefer a firm, and quite upright, seat, rather than a squashy old sofa. My favourite train seats ever were on SNCF Corail stock, and they were decidedly un-sofa-like.

K

• RMweb Premium

Seat-wise definitely a softer one for me, I find some current hard, thin ones very uncomfortable for long journeys (it's one reason I really dislike the 185s). I don't need to go back to squishy Mk 1 seating to be comfortable though, I'm fine with the seats on trains like Pendolinos when I can get enough legroom.

There was some far East destinations in the 158s such as Bangkok supposedly they had the same display units in the 158esq trains supplied to Thai railways

One end of 158806 had some exotic destinations programmed in for the launch of services to Manchester Airport. It appears the export units didn't have destination displays:

http://www.andrewgrantham.co.uk/images/rail/th-158-hualampong5.jpg

A driver did tell me what numbers they were on but last time I was on 806 I couldn't remember, or if I was remembering correctly the destination unit has been changed :jester:

• RMweb Gold

One end of 158806 had some exotic destinations programmed in for the launch of services to Manchester Airport. It appears the export units didn't have destination displays:http://www.andrewgrantham.co.uk/images/rail/th-158-hualampong5.jpg

A driver did tell me what numbers they were on but last time I was on 806 I couldn't remember, or if I was remembering correctly the destination unit has been changed :jester:

I wonder if there were displays elsewhere on the train, I distinctly remember Bangkok express when I was on them. They are all virtually the same with 999 destinations A stating at 001

Archived