Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

RMweb Christmas Quiz 2015

Andy Y

Another one is deliberately set up - I suspect - to be 'rather awkward' - a pity it was very recognisable ;)

I could have found ones a lot more awkward, if it's the one I'm thinking of it's just there to engender a bit of kicking one's self if you don't get it. :)

I've got 39 now. I will admit that I found the answer to no. 33 while I was checking what I thought would be the answer to no. 34 (but turned out not to be). Also, when I opened my copy of Jowett's Railway Atlas to embark on the search for the last of the maps, it literally fell open at the page with the answer on it, which was a time saver.

Jim

I know just 1 of them! The terminus station from the air. Could hazard a guess at the Winston Churchill plaque as I used to travel through that area regularly. The rest of it, not a clue! But don't care because I know the terminus from the air, never get tired of that place :)

Hmm, bit hard if you haven't got the works of reference required to search for the answers.  I clocked a couple of recognisable answers but as for the rest.....so gave up.

Bah Humbug :jester:

Regards,

Brian.

Sorry ain't got time for this internet searching quiz - got a layout to build :jester: :jester:

Regards,

Brian.

Mr Cameron can hardly be expected to know the correct number for the engine name after his favourite prime minister.

When I saw the funeral train going through Reading the number was 34051‎, having been 21C151 in the original Southern continental style. As usual the Southern was miles ahead of the rest ... The UIC/European class number codes of TOPS eventually arrived on BR nearly thirty years later.

Clearly the good people of West Oxford know as little about railways as the Prime Minister!

One would have thought some one from FGW would have checked this before it adorned their station ... But who knows what anybody there know about railways... They think the new green on their age HSTs is GWR green.

As others say ... Some very easy questions and some very obscure ones (that means I can't answer them).... But that is the way of all quiz questions ... Thanks for some fun. Maurice

Archived