Bachmann speculation- announced sunday!

reevesthecat

Special brew today, not much sediment, but enough to see a Bachmann Thompson A2/3. Can't quite see the name on the BR green one but it looks like....'Sun Castle'. Oh no, not another Castle! And one in LNER green called Steady Aim. That should please the gents. Next year A2/2 Cock 'O The North.

I'd like to see Bachmann produce the Q6 and J27.... I'm thinking the former is more likely given the chassis is there from the super-D for its use and apparently it was measured when down at the Great Central last winter.... so my fingers are crossed for some of Sir Vincent Ravens finest workhorses to be produced.

I could see a new V2 or B1 being done to bring them up to date, and I think Bachmann might stump for a new Western engine - perhaps a King, but I think its more likely to be a big tank locomotive.

Coaches wise I think the new Air-Con Mk.2s will be announced but not to much more.

Meanwhile modern locos wise, i think Bachmann will do a class 59 or 67 for a locomotive and go for the 180, although theres an outside chance for a 156, if they are to do a unit!

Wagons wise.... I think they might increase the Network Rail range they are doing and come out with those JNA green box wagons.... (although I think the wagon code is wrong...)

Buildings wise will see a another locomotive shed, to move on from the one they have made so far, and perhaps a range of new buildings on something else... a steelworks perhaps...

Thats my guess..... a bit of everything really...

Never mind Bachmann doing MKII D/E/F Aircons! Why haven't they started on C & D coaches? Their wrong id codes S & Z (This came in about 1992) and means nothing to a MKII/A in Maroon livery it's not a MKII/S because that code came along 30 years later! This has confused them and some of us using the stupid S & Z coding!

Where are the late MKII/C stock and non-aircon early MKII/D coaches with no central passenger doors and plastic insides with big red plastic passenger scoop doors at the end of coach body?

Then we can have Aircon's in the last batch of MKII/D's with the double round fans underside and then the big single Box fan for the MKII/E/F Aircons which came later.

Please Bachmann do these MKII/C/D stock first, as they were just as prolific as Aircons on the East Coast, Western main lines and Cross Country services 13 coach trains that split at Carstairs (That's before the silly 7 car Virgin sets and Intercity XC before them in MKII/D/E/F) The MKII/C and Early D were in NSE on the Waterloo - Exeter and on Thames and Chilterns....

Never mind Bachmann doing MKII D/E/F Aircons! Why haven't they started on C & D coaches? Their wrong id codes S & Z (This came in about 1992) and mean nothing to a MKII/A in Maroon livery it's not a MKII/S because that code came along 30 years later! This has confused them and some of us using the stupid S & Z coding!

where are the late MKII/C stock and non-aircon early MKII/D coaches with no central passenger doors and plastic insides with big red plastic passenger scoop doors at the end of coach body?

Then we can have Aircon's in the last batch of MKII/D's with the double round fans underside and then the big single Box fan for the MKII/E/F Aircons which came later.

Please Bachmann do these MKII/C/D stock first, as they were just as prolific as Aircons on the East Coast, Western main lines and Cross Country services 13 coach trains that split at Carstairs (That's before the silly 7 car Virgin sets and Intercity XC before them in MKII/D/E/F) The MKII/C and Early D were in NSE on the Waterloo - Exeter and on Thames and Chilterns....

I've obviously laboured under a misapprehension for the last thirty odd years.

I always regarded Mk2 a/b/c as "pressurevents" and Mk2 2/e/f as air conditioned "coffins", even though technically it was probably only the Mk2c that had the pressure ventilation system installed.

"Silly 7 car Virgin sets" were still proper passenger trains when compared with many current long distance services IMHO, but I'll go along with you gillinghamgus and hope that some nice air cons are done one day. The distinctive glazing with the aluminium "ring" (on some) will be the icing on the model.

I've obviously laboured under a misapprehension for the last thirty odd years.

I always regarded Mk2 a/b/c as "pressurevents" and Mk2 2/e/f as air conditioned "coffins", even though technically it was probably only the Mk2c that had the pressure ventilation system installed.

"Silly 7 car Virgin sets" were still proper passenger trains when compared with many current long distance services IMHO, but I'll go along with you gillinghamgus and hope that some nice air cons are done one day. The distinctive glazing with the aluminium "ring" (on some) will be the icing on the model.

Presshure vents are the late C and Early D stock then the late D went Aircon. (maybe I mean MKII/Z Maroon either way they were MKII/A.. This S and Z means nothing to me as it was a code that came along after I was out bashing locos)

All the MKII/A/B/C and Early D stock were in greater numbers over the network and had Late D in them and some had E/F stock depending on the class of Loco as not all would mix. I say silly 7 coaches because previous to 1989 the InterCity routes having Twin Tank 48/8's and short 7 coaches the trains were 10 to 13 coaches some with 2 MK1 BG's on each end. Virgin just made all their sets to 7 coaches to make the sets standard plus easy for the aging locos.

personally I want Blue Grey non Aircons then blue Grey and executive livery (Non swallow italic) aircons, But only once Bachmann do those C and early D stock please. so the 1970's and 1980's can be covered.

Special brew today, not much sediment, but enough to see a Bachmann Thompson A2/3. Can't quite see the name on the BR green one but it looks like....'Sun Castle'. Oh no, not another Castle! And one in LNER green called Steady Aim. That should please the gents. Next year A2/2 Cock 'O The North .

oooh! Yes, please!!!!

So - the year after that, we can look forward to Bachmann 'plonking' that body - on a 2-8-2 chassis, sort of reverse engineering if you like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!wink.gif

icon_drool.gif icon_drool.gif icon_drool.gif

Cheers!

John E.

Never mind Bachmann doing MKII D/E/F Aircons! Why haven't they started on C & D coaches? Their wrong id codes S & Z (This came in about 1992) and means nothing to a MKII/A in Maroon livery it's not a MKII/S because that code came along 30 years later! This has confused them and some of us using the stupid S & Z coding!

Where are the late MKII/C stock and non-aircon early MKII/D coaches with no central passenger doors and plastic insides with big red plastic passenger scoop doors at the end of coach body?

Where has all this non aircon mark 2D nonsense come from? They were all aircon, the mark 2c's were pressure vented with a view to later being converted to aircon but this never happened.

ALL Mk2D stock was air conditioned. I'm afraid I don't understand the early/late reference to Mk2D stock.

ALL Mk2D stock was air conditioned. I'm afraid I don't understand the early/late reference to Mk2D stock.

I would second that.

Original allocation.

Mk 2c Lowered ceilings for possible retro fitting of air con (never carried out) - 225 vehicles for the WCML + 30 vehicles (BSO's) for the Western Region.

Mk 2d Air con - 225 vehicles for the ECML + 50 vehicles (FO, FK and BFK) for the WCML (the latter may not be heated by Class 55 locomotives).

The only difference during the Mk2c build I can recall is that later examples (including the 18 FO's) had smaller toilet windows without sliding vents.

The Maroon and Green MKII's are not MKIIA's by the way, they are the original production batch to which the S/Z confusion applies. The A's are quite different having MKII style gangway connections rather than MKI style ones.

I would second that.

Original allocation.

Mk 2c Lowered ceilings for possible retro fitting of air con (never carried out) - 225 vehicles for the WCML + 30 vehicles (BSO's) for the Western Region.

Mk 2d Air con - 225 vehicles for the ECML + 50 vehicles (FO, FK and BFK) for the WCML (the latter may not be heated by Class 55 locomotives).

The only difference during the Mk2c build I can recall is that later examples (including the 18 FO's) had smaller toilet windows without sliding vents.

Those are the ones I was referring to, must have got my list wrong cos the lower roofed FO's which I thought were the Early D's sorry...anyway never mind the Aircons Bachmann are still missing out the MkII/C with red scoop passenger doors and no central doors. I will shut up now ok..

So only a day to go..B*** P****** anybody?

At least there are`nt many releases from Hornby, and i feel they have filled a gap with the 0-6-0T DCC fitted locos. It MIGHT also mean that some of

the planned releases may be delayed . Lets all chill out what will be will be it is only a hobby after all. B) B) B) B) B)

• RMweb Premium

I know it will probably not happen but I saw in Australia a Garratt made in HO and lightly wethered it was THE best model I have ever seen and am likely to see just a stunning model which was about £300-400 sterling I wish I had bought one at the time. So with my forlorn hope head on I would love one of those in British outline.

regarding the 'King' Hornby did do a bit of work on the old model but it was a pretty half arsed effort. Hornby do not show any signs of remodellling theirs yet so it would be a coup for Bachmann to produce a new model.

Lets have some D/E from the 1950s when there were lots of developments EM1&2 some early diesel electrics, 18000 gas turbine (saw the prototypeworking once in my youth) of course a decent overhead current system would be good.

Aren't we fed up of revamped locos? While Bachmann & Hornby are putting new handles on old brooms and new blooms on old handles, we are not seeing anything that is actually new. In otherwords, rather than a revamped King or Class 25, what about something useful! The loco on my avatar gives a clue.....:D

Steam -

More updated models as Bachmann continue to update the split chassis models to modern DCC friendly standards.

All-new steam loco...I haven't a clue.

D&E -

The already announced class 70 and re-chassied and updated class 40

Although it would be nice to have another new loco subject, I suspect it will be unlikely this year.

With the outstanding EMU and DMU, I also doubt there'll be another new one announced just yet, unless it's a modern one (e.g. Desiro or Electrostar).

Some more class 150's.

Coaches -

I thought the Mk2 's were said to have been a disappointment sales wise. If so, I can't see any more coming unfortunately ( :( I'd love to have decent Aircons too )

Wagons -

Network Rail JNA's (Falcons) ...I wish !

Network Rail versions of the Autoballasters to follow the first lot.

Another intermodal subject ????

2 Steam era wagons

We'll soon see.... :D

Guest Max Stafford

I don't personally think that there will be a huge programme of new releases from Bachmann, bearing in mind economic conditions. Those that have been hinted at are all compatible with existing platforms which is a logical move as it reduces development costs. :)

I suspect the southern and post 1970 boys might be disappointed though... ;)

Dave.

Archived