Bachmann speculation- announced sunday!

reevesthecat

I thought it about time I added what I would like to see released.

1) A class 45 with rebuilt front end, it wouldn't take much to do and I don't know why they haven't done it before.

2) A Mk 1 sleeper, already mentioned else where and I understand that it needs a complete set of tools but there are a few liveries that it could be done in.

3) A decent crane with associated match trucks, the Hornby one is donkeys years old now.

4) A release of a rail blue 47 without the riveted windscreen surrounds and piped up right hand bogie.

5) A K4 in LNER apple green would secure an order from me as well.

Just a matter of time now.

Regards Paul

I'd like to see a rebuilt front end peak as well. They did a Limited Edition 45 with them for ModelZone a while back. Only difference now is that they'd have working lights.

The main thing I'd like to see is aircon Mk 2's.

Oh and some freight liveries on the new 47 wouldn't go amiss eiher. Especially RfD.

I would love a 76/em1 and a em2/77 to match. would have to buy one in lined black, even though the only true colour for a train is blue, just cause the do look good in it. On second thoughts, Heljan should do the em2, then they could do a model of 10000 and 100001, using the bogies, for those of us who couldn'd afford the fiatrains one.

cheesy

I thought I'd make a further contribution to the froth... ;)  :lol:

Beat me to it!! I was going to make a comment about not being able to see anything for all the froth!!

Still, not long to go before we find out for real what's coming.

:icon_drool:

There's still less froth in that sink than the beer I have just poured!

My guess would be -

An all new class 101

'Blue Square' suburban dmu's class 116, 117, 118, (they're all pretty much the same)

A Scenecraft model of Birmingham New Streetblink.gif

There's still less froth in that sink than the beer I have just poured!

My guess would be -

An all new class 101

'Blue Square' suburban dmu's class 116, 117, 118, (they're all pretty much the same)

A Scenecraft model of Birmingham New Streetblink.gif

About as similar as an A1 and an A2 pacific

Very clever Hornby :huh:

Yes... Not impressed :angry:

I hope Hornby won't be to upset when I reduce some of my existing orders to make way for this new stuff.

We budgeted based on the content of the 2010 catalogue. This doesn't help us one bit.

I thought I’d get in early and complain about the Bachmann announcement.

• It’s the wrong scale

• It’s the wrong livery

• It’s not ready for me to buy now

• It’s too expensive

• It’s the wrong number

• It’s too early/late for the era I model

• I really wanted a B...... P.........

• They should have done a xxx class, I’d buy one

• I was a little disappointed this year

• Looks like a relatively cheap year for me from Bachmann

• I hope that 2011 brings better announcements

• I am hard done by

;)

I hope Hornby won't be to upset when I reduce some of my existing orders to make way for this new stuff.

We budgeted based on the content of the 2010 catalogue. This doesn't help us one bit.

Nor I I've budget for an A2 and a an 02 but not another A3! But I still want one or two

Yes... Not impressed angry.gif

With my Marketing hat on, I think it is a brilliant stratigic move. Hornby are past masters in the Marketing area.

I know this does not help you Gareth and see your point.

Business is business and this shows real competition out there.

Cheers, Jerry

I'm sorry but I don't fully understand. I would think that stockists would need to have both catalogues (Hornby and Bachmann) available to plan annual purchases. Depending on what is in one or the other the amount ordered from each supplier could easily change.

So this "surprise" announcment by Hornby might be doing you a favour by making it before the Bachmann announcements, rather than afterwards.

As it is we won't be talking about Hornby on Sunday/Monday. The topic will be all Bachmann at that point.

The question that remains is does Hornby have other surprise announcements coming later in the year? It's early days yet, and based on last year, it would not surprise me to see another "surpise" announcement a few months down the road.

:icon_clap: :icon_clap: :icon_clap: :icon_clap: :icon_clap: :icon_clap:

I thought I’d get in early and complain about the Bachmann announcement.

• It’s the wrong scale

• It’s the wrong livery

• It’s not ready for me to buy now

• It’s too expensive

• It’s the wrong number

• It’s too early/late for the era I model

• I really wanted a B...... P.........

• They should have done a xxx class, I’d buy one

• I was a little disappointed this year

• Looks like a relatively cheap year for me from Bachmann

• I hope that 2011 brings better announcements

• I am hard done by