The London Festival of Railway Modelling ? 19-20 March 2016

Andy Y

Ah - I have just found the answer - use the code without leading zeros - it accepted it then.  Still had to add the ticket protection, which can be removed at the checkout should you want to.

I likewise have failed with regard to the sunscriber discount (as I did with Doncaster also).  Entered LON + subsciber number (no leading zeroes) and just ignored it.  Added normal ticket to see if the discount would be subtracted at a later stage but no.  So went back to this thread to check, went back to book again and followed routine as before with same result - except I have now 2 tickets in my basket!  Tried to delete one of them but message to say they couldn't accept this as it would leave an odd seat in a middle of a row! 

So came out of web altogether, cleared all cookies etc out of my system and then went back in again.  Managed to get one ticket at full price in my basket, pressed PayPal option, entered PayPal user name and password but taken back to order processing payment selection page - no messages as to why. 

Tried again with same result. Gave up trying to use PayPal and paid by credit card.  Success at last and I've managed to print my full-price ticket - but what a user-malevolent system!

Looking forward to bringing my layout "Klapping" (OBB) to the event.

One bit of news all exhibitors have to have High Viz jackets /waste coats in order to get in the halls..Not such a bad idea as there have been severe issues over the years with seeing people when we are setting up and breaking down stands and layouts.

This is the FOURTH time I will have exhibited a layout at the event. I wonder if that's a record ?

Parking for exhibitors was a total shambles last year. I turned up with a Society stand  and an Exhibitors parking pass only to be turned away by the muppets on the car park. We ended up at the bottom of the hill and then had to lug a trade stand up the hill! Nick Freezer was apologetic  and laid it on the Ally Pally staff.

post-11825-0-41437900-1457176444.jpg

Parking for exhibitors was a total shambles last year. I turned up with a Society stand  and an Exhibitors parking pass only to be turned away by the muppets on the car park. We ended up at the bottom of the hill and then had to lug a trade stand up the hill! Nick Freezer was apologetic  and laid it on the Ally Pally staff.

Yes, the problem was they let the fairground vehicles use the exhibitors' vehicle area. I certainly hope that doesn't happen again.

• RMweb Gold

Looking forward to bringing my layout "Klapping" (OBB) to the event.

One bit of news all exhibitors have to have High Viz jackets /waste coats in order to get in the halls..Not such a bad idea as there have been severe issues over the years with seeing people when we are setting up and breaking down stands and layouts.

Slightly unfortunate wording there - if somebody got accidentally hit by part of a stand, or part of a layout, I could definitely imagine there being "severe" issues … . Seriously though, it doesn't matter how large an exhibition hall is, when you're setting up and breaking down stands, there's still sometimes an element of "working in confined spaces" - and some people will still become invisible at times.

I wonder how long it will be before exhibitors at a show are also required to wear steel toecapped boots during setup and breakdown … .

Parking for exhibitors was a total shambles last year. I turned up with a Society stand and an Exhibitors parking pass only to be turned awawy by the muppets on the car park. We ended up at the bottom of the hill and then had to lug a trade stand up the hill!

Yes, the problem was they let the fairground vehicles use the exhibitors' vehicle area. I certainly hope that doesn't happen again.

Same here - and not just because that sort of nonsense is clearly unreasonable. Although advance website lists of exhibitors - and societies - attending shows aren't always complete, I had noticed that a number of "regulars" who exhibited last year don't appear on this year's lists.

This nonsense could explain things - if it happens too often, it could also threaten the future of the show, possibly even the venue. Societies - companies - and the people working for them - have long memories and don't appreciate being jerked around. It doesn't always matter if, like here, it's not the show organisers' fault - it will still reflect on them - and it's not good for business.

I hope this nonsense doesn't happen again. I also hope that any exhibitors (of any sort) who decided to stay away in protest can be persuaded to give this show - and the people organising it - a second chance.

Huw.

Not long to go until we open the doors to the 2016 event! 

We're pleased to present the finalised RMweb Theatre timetable, so make sure you plan your day around the talks you don't want to miss. 

Don't forget you have until 12noon on the 18th March to book your tickets in advance. This saves you up to £2 on entry, gives you 30 minutes early entry to the show and a free showguide on arrival. Book today!

:nono:

No paperwork received for Ally Pally .. Getting a tad twitchy as I have crew coming to operate from various places in South East...

Odd as normally very on the ball, I know some stands have their paperwork already!

• RMweb Gold

:nono:

No paperwork received for Ally Pally .. Getting a tad twitchy as I have crew coming to operate from various places in South East...

Odd as normally very on the ball, I know some stands have their paperwork already!

I've not had any paperwork either

Jerry

I'm not 100% sure but I think the layout paperwork comes out via The MRC for Ally Pally. I've flagged it up to Sam in Exhibitions to follow up as necessary. Hopefully I can come back with more info tomorrow.

I believe it's a different hotel this year or indeed two hotels

Terry

Hi - yes we have had to split the layouts between two hotels this year, as despite the seemingly exponential growth in hotels in London, our normal hotel couldn't manage everyone. That has meant the normally easy to manage increases and decreases in room requests has been more tricky to handle, but is now done. I think final details are on their way in the next 24 hours if not already on the way to some. If anyone has concerns, please PM me.

Can't believe it's only 10 days away.

Tom

MRC Exhibitions Coordinator

I should be going to this good looking and inspiring show on the Saturday of next weekend, combining a show visit with a day being tourists in Central London with the family, and all before having a mad week at work over Easter!

Sam

• Administrators

With a week to go, the BRM team are in full swing getting ready for the show!

We have two very special subscription offers planned - one of which means you'll be given one of these which you can spend at the Gaugemaster stand at the show (or afterwards via the internet/telephone/in store)! 

post-14186-0-75718200-1457692835_thumb.jpg

If you're interested, PM me or visit the BRM stand at the show. This is a Limited Offer though, so be quick to avoid disappointment.

Archived