THE SIDINGS - Recreating the modern scene in a small space.

Nick G

Hadn't come across this before but what a fantastic little layout. really love all the small details and  the whole atmosphere. Excellent work indeed.

Thank you Marcus.

Very good !
Only thing missing I can think of is a telephone to call the signaller from the ground signal to alert him that he wants to go

I am working on it! The location this is based on has a walkway which is about the length of the loco with a phone on a post. I have the phone but not made the walkway yet.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Really excellent stuff going on here.  Incredibly simple, yet inspirational!  If anything could be critiqued, maybe it's a little too clean.  Personally a few more weeds and some oil stains on the track would be even better.

Thank you very much.

The reason its so clean is it represents newly laid track and ballast just like the real location that provided the inspiration.

Fantastic video of the class 66 there, Nick.

I always enjoy updates and photos of your layout and you have a great selection of locos too. I'm looking forward to future updates.

Thanks George. I enjoy following your GBRf project. More better quality videos to come in the future.

Very nice Nick. The cable runs under the track look very effective in that video too. I just added Bifs sounds to a second DRS 57 at Perth show and they are loud running as a pair.

Thanks Mark, I have 3 of Bifs 57 chips fitted and yes as you say they are loud. Will be at Showcase with it next year.

Next thing was to experiment on the backscene by cutting out some industrial units from a ID Backscene and testing for positioning before fixing them in place.

Panelboard not MDF and doublesided tape work well for the id backscenes in most circumstances but I find the Premium range on panelboard is resistant to more or less anything damp etc - tricky to apply as it is a "one shot" affair anything over 4ft can be expensive after a few failed attempts.

Ian

Panelboard not MDF and doublesided tape work well for the id backscenes in most circumstances but I find the Premium range on panelboard is resistant to more or less anything damp etc - tricky to apply as it is a "one shot" affair anything over 4ft can be expensive after a few failed attempts.

This is the way forward now for me courtesy of a sign writer friend.

post-7968-0-69414200-1468686141_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Very good !

Only thing missing I can think of is a telephone to call the signaller from the ground signal to alert him that he wants to go

Could call the box on the GSMR these days just as easily, and more likely if it's rainy!

• 2 weeks later...