THE SIDINGS - Recreating the modern scene in a small space.

Nick G

What a difference a good photographer and a decent camera make! Thanks to John (Digital) for taking some photos today, here is a taster.

You could almost think that is a phot of a real location.

Edited by ess1uk

Fantastic photos, Nick. The class 57 photo looks so real.

May I ask where you got the signals from? Apologies if its already been asked.

Thanks George, I can't take credit for the excellent photos they are all John's work, Digital on here.

The signals are from Absolute Aspects.

https://www.absoluteaspects.com

Thanks George, I can't take credit for the excellent photos they are all John's work, Digital on here.

The signals are from Absolute Aspects.

https://www.absoluteaspects.com

Thanks for the link, I'm planning on getting a couple myself and after seeing yours they have moved to the top of my to get and do list.

Credit to John, he has certainly made your layout look fantastic.

Cheers, George

Guest Digital

Thanks for the link, I'm planning on getting a couple myself and after seeing yours they have moved to the top of my to get and do list.

Credit to John, he has certainly made your layout look fantastic.

Cheers, George

Thanks for the kind comments George, very much appreciated.

Having seen Nicks layout in the flesh the level of detail in such a small space is superb.

• Like 1

Hi Hugh,

Do you have a tamper for layout.

Did you manage to fit the layout sign,s.

No tamper for this layout (yet). I fancy one of the DCC sound and operating Viessmann tampers though. I used to have a Britannia Pacific tamper DCC fitted on Dyserth Road many years ago but that has long since been sold.

Yes the layout signs are on I will get some photos at some point.

• Like 2

Great observation of the contemporary railway scene, translated into some very realistic modelling. I don't doubt John's expertise in the photography department Nick, but the results depend on some excellent modelling in the first place so methinks you are doing yourself an injustice giving John the credit. A good photograph can't make a poor model look this good - if anything it will show up any hairy modelling and there's no sign of any of that here. Well done mate - I can only aspire to your standard!

Guest Digital

Great observation of the contemporary railway scene, translated into some very realistic modelling. I don't doubt John's expertise in the photography department Nick, but the results depend on some excellent modelling in the first place so methinks you are doing yourself an injustice giving John the credit. A good photograph can't make a poor model look this good - if anything it will show up any hairy modelling and there's no sign of any of that here. Well done mate - I can only aspire to your standard!

Totally agree with you. Nick's modelling skills are superb and need to be seen in the flesh to be appreciated.

John.

• Like 1