Sheffield Transport Models/pufferwillies-stm.co.uk

I didn't find an existing topic for Sheffield Transport Models (pufferwillies-stm.co.uk) so I figured I would start one.  I was looking for some Peco kits which did not seem to be in stock at any of "the big guys."  I then found Sheffield Transport Models' website which indicated a few of these were in stock.  To be sure I sent a short email asking about availability and shipping costs.  I was very impressed when I received an immediate response.  So, with in stock, good price, very reasonable shipping cost and outstanding customer service, I ordered.  My kits arrived today in excellent shape and I am one happy customer.  I am sure I will do additional business with these guys in the future!

• RMweb Premium

I have not been in the shop for a few years but when I worked in Sheffield in the 80's it was a haven of chaotic delights with myriad books, mags, models & had not changed too much a few years ago. I never left empty handed & sometimes found what I was looking for! I dont recall the name of the guy who runs it but he has a laconic sense of humour, Sheffield has some good indy shops.

Dava

Wonderful shop, I try to buy all my little bits from there to keep it going. The only word of advice I will give is if you do visit, make sure you know what you want so you can ask for it, as just browsing is impossible. You will need to be thin to get round the shop and if you don't know what you want you will either never find it or come out with more than you intended.

You have been warned, this is a real aladins cave.

• 3 months later...

Another big YES vote for me.  A brilliant survivor of the Aladdin's Cave breed of model shop - as others have said.  Used to visit weekly when I was at uni in the steel city between 1985 and '88.  Now my daughter's there I need no excuse to do the taxi duties, to visit this place, the perfect complement to Rails' Emporium a mile or so away.

Found a new (current catalogue), Bachmann Mk2 at a good price, ordered via eBay and it was here within 48 hours.  Top marks are due to this durable little enterprise.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...