Tipham

doddger10

Hi Steve,

What a smashing little layout. The atmosphere perfectly captures a rural East Anglian byway  :yes: 

Very interesting track plan too, I like the use of the slip as a space-saver - if you don't mind, can I ask what the overall dimensions are?

Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing more pictures,

David

Brilliant stuff, really nice colours and tonal variety in the scenery. Gives the viewer a real feeling of season and location. I feel that can be one of the most difficult things to create but also most essential as we all strive for realism. All within a relatively small space.

Nice work :)

John

Superb layout. Any dimensions for the layout?

Be nice to see more photos of the layouts.

Here is a rough sketch of the layout with dimensions

post-19485-0-17661700-1459169115_thumb.png

The layout started at 7foot including a two road fiddleyard accessed from a sector plate behind the backscene, but this proved to be a limiting factor at shows. The sector plate was removed and a fiddleyard with cassettes was installed instead, this makes operating a lot easier.

Steve

• Like 4

Sorry no more photo's for a day or two, as I have too sort out the bathroom before the M.I.L. moves in with us. I'm looking for exhibition invites, so that I can escape for the odd weekend. Exhibition managers please note, the layout goes in the car with two operators.

Thanks Steve.

Edited by doddger10
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The other day Adam was in the clubrooms to do some more filming for his documentary, part of which was filming of Tipham in action, so Phil brought his camera over to get a few more shots to put on here whilst I was operating. Here are the first few.

This one is a very cruel close up of the awaiting passengers sitting on the bench.

post-19485-0-46387400-1462711866_thumb.jpg

And the young mum with her baby in the pram.

post-19485-0-69242300-1462711952_thumb.jpg

One of the rail bus

post-19485-0-58276400-1462712018_thumb.jpg

Thanks Phil

A few more will follow later.

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All

Phil and I will be venturing down into deepest Cornwall on Sunday to the Carnbrea show with Tipham. Phil is protesting that he doesn't want his arms shortening and his pockets deepening to fit in with the locals.

Please say hello, NB. Phil doesn't bite if you give him plenty of beer to drink, he prefers dark ales or HSD.

See You

Steve.

• Like 1