TVNAM 2016

Northpoint

Is it too early to say I'm away that weekend? :jester:  :jester: :jester:

...just better have a darn good excuse .... I bought the 2017 calendar with dear little dogs. I nailed it over this year's on the back of the kitchen door and I hid the good pen till I'd done it. What can go wrong??

• Like 1

Is it too early to say I'm away that weekend? :jester:  :jester: :jester:

No. In a cock up of epic proportions, so am I, which means one less O Scale layout :blush: :(

My terrific excuse, however, is that I'll be seeing American locos for real, for the very first time :locomotive: :dance:

• Like 1

No. In a cock up of epic proportions, so am I, which means one less O Scale layout :blush: :(

My terrific excuse, however, is that I'll be seeing American locos for real, for the very first time :locomotive: :dance:

We'll be in Canada in June with a side trip to the Izaak Walton in Montana booked.

• 6 months later...

Enjoy - it's certainly a fun experience...

Regarding the one less layout - I'm always waiting in the wings to fill in if Nick needs me to... ;)

• Like 3

Ooops, seems I forgot about uploading the rest of my snaps

goose_Island%201_zpskyempc18.jpg

Goose_island%202_zpsnitltezu.jpg

Goose_Island%203_zpsssu4ajuo.jpg

More to follow once I've resized them and uploaded them...

Is that a nun by the privy in the fourth shot from the top or someone in costume?

• Like 1

Enjoy - it's certainly a fun experience...

Regarding the one less layout - I'm always waiting in the wings to fill in if Nick needs me to... ;)

That's a big 10-4 on that one, Dan!! Stuff Disneyland etc - Plant City is top of my places to visit!!  :sungum:  :locomotive:

Well, I'd like to see the Kennedy Space Center as well, but CSX beats NASA any day!! ;) 

• Like 1

Is that a nun by the privy in the fourth shot from the top or someone in costume?

Yep. It's a (Preiser) nun on Duncan's Mine 2.

And it's not a privy, it's a telephone shack.

steve

I'm just glad that my wife no longer follows Bon Jovi. I took her to a concert at the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ a few years ago. 75% of the audience were wine inebriated women wearing their high school mini dresses from 3 kids/20 years ago and were on the prowl. After my wife came from the women's room, I told her not to leave me alone again. I still shudder.

• Like 1

I'm debatable whether I will make it this year as a spectator, after a 1 and a half hr trip each way to the coast a couple of weeks ago, my back problems have returned in a big way. I am wondering if loading up on painkillers and making a couple of stops each way is the solution, the jury is out at this stage as my situation is slowly degrading day by day.