TVNAM 2016

Northpoint

Dear Mike,

I have it on good authority that some have travelled across hemispheres, thru multiple timezones, and covered many 1000s of air miles to attend TVNAM...

(No excuses... ;-) )

Happy Modelling,

Aim to Improve,

Prof Klyzlr

A SWMBO scheduled event sadly trumps that. Once again Nick's timing means I can't make it. Beginning to think he does it on purpose. Same with the Freemo in Sept.

• RMweb Gold

Andrew - its all a big conspiracy :triniti: :jester: 

Up before 5 am this morning. Glued the new warehouse in place and started covering a bit more baseboard. A busy couple of evenings ahead!!

We have an occasional helper coming with PhatBob on Saturday who enjoys his American trains. Should be a good day.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

We have an occasional helper coming with PhatBob on Saturday who enjoys his American trains. Should be a good day.

Yep, my chauffeur for the day will be one Mr Parker.  How appropriate. :jester:

• Like 2

A SWMBO scheduled event sadly trumps that. Once again Nick's timing means I can't make it. Beginning to think he does it on purpose. Same with the Freemo in Sept.

Yes, Andrew - I have access to your diary!! :no:

Northpoint, on 07 Jun 2016 - 16:22, said:

Yes, Andrew - I have access to your diary!! :no:

and my text messages as that is exactly what I said to Ian this morning. :jester:

How is life at GCHQ these days?

Regrettably I shan't be there, SWMBO worries about the length of the drive. All enjoy yourselves and have a great time. please all take lots of photos and post them on here. Camera + charged batteries = lots of enjoyment for those who can't make it!

Best

Jack

A late one last night working on the juice factory on Fort Myers.

All bare baseboards now covered so things are looking good for the weekend.

<Insert joke about squeezing out every last minute of build time before the show here>

• RMweb Gold

Yep definitely squeezing every little bit of time available on the juice factory.

Plan at moment is to program the turnout decoder tonight, install the pipework runs to the juice factory, another coat of paint to the concrete areas. Load what I can into the car tonight.

Tomorrow morning add static grass.

tomorrow night drill and bolt up end board with one of the other boards and load into car along with stock and DCC kit before heading North to our overnight stop enroute.

Saturday morning once layout is set up,clean paint off rails and add turnouts to the JMRI track plan on the touchscreen.

SO nothing like making use of all the time available!!

The biggest problem for me is you start with a plan "Just need to do X, Y and Z". Before you know it, you are saying "Oh, I could modify V and W. And look at U. That needs fixing back in place. T could do with a bit of paint". Instead of 3 jobs, you now have 26...I'm sure I'm not the only one.

• RMweb Gold

Last night Indecided to have the Richelle webcam on the garage PC whilst working on the layout.

post-1557-0-85018000-1465539212_thumb.jpeg

However I did get the scenic spots in place as far as I had planned. Still needs detailing etc but is just about there for loading tonight. Had to leave he boards unpacked so the paint could dry. It's a quick task to box them up don't delay us getting away tonight.

post-1557-0-55450300-1465539478_thumb.jpeg

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

However I did get the scenic spots in place as far as I had planned. Still needs detailing etc but is just about there for loading tonight. Had to leave he boards unpacked so the paint could dry. It's a quick task to box them up don't delay us getting away tonight.

And I thought I left things to the last minute ;)

Have fun, some of us have to play with the bigger trains :(

• Like 3

Good luck to all those who are exhibiting tomorrow and a safe journey.

The line up of layouts is most impressive this year, looking forward to seeing lots of inspirational pics

Mal

ps - I do have the consolation of watching a very famous UK steam loco passing about 300 yards from my home tomorrow.

Edited by Alcanman

• RMweb Premium

I  will be there tomorrow hopefully finding the place at the first attempt this time!  Having had a shower before setting off and with insufficient cash to make a backpack necessary I will probably only be noticeable due to asking questions and drinking lots of tea. 

I'm still juggling with the plan so there might be a few last minute changes despite having e-mailed the plan to all the participants. :scratchhead:

Nice to know some things never change from year to year :jester:

Attendance touch'n'go for me unfortunately; what a day for my Bro-in-Law to call in a favour & need a hand with a job tomorow.... :O :(

• Like 1