RMweb

Porth Merryn, Small Cornish Fishing Port

Andrew P

Just spotted this thread Andy, great carpentry skills and I like the track work it should make a nice layout. Is the station building a model or kit bashed?

Brian

Morning Brian, Firstly thanks and welcome to PM.

Re the Station building, its a Bachmann Butterly Station Extension Block and once re painted in BR / WR Colours will sit just nicely on the Layout.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Already on page 5!

I ask this question somewhat afraid of the answer but - how many layouts do you reckon you could you fit in that shed of yours?  (I note there is a gap between Porth Merryn and North Road)

Already on page 5!

I ask this question somewhat afraid of the answer but - how many layouts do you reckon you could you fit in that shed of yours?  (I note there is a gap between Porth Merryn and North Road)

There is no room for any more in my Shed, but PM will go up to the Clubroom when finished. We have a policy that PRIVATE Layouts are built at home, and NOT in the Clubrooms, but can be stored at Club if they go out to Exhibitions to represent the Club.

• RMweb Premium

On board here.  Looking good from where I sit which is atop the cliffs at Penhayle Bay gazing up-coast towards Constantine, St. Merryn and no doubt Porth Merryn as well.  

You would think with all of those visitors Andy's next task will be ensuring space for tea making facilities.

I try NOT to encourage that sort of Visitors Andy, hahahhah :no:  :no: :no:  :no:  :no:  

• RMweb Premium

Hi Clive, did they win any awards for being the UGLYEST Passenger Vehicle ever produced? hahhahhaha :no:  :no: :no:  :no:  :no:

They might have done in their time but I think they were usurped latterly by the class 67. They have even less character.

Anyway, it sure is looking a fine layout Andy and up to your usual excellent standard (and that's before any scenery gets done).

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Guys, I just changed the name to Porth Merryn from Tremerryn. I much prefer that and it fits in well as a fishing Harbour.

Porth Merryn sounds good - rolls off the tongue in the same way as Porthmellyn Road.

Porth Merryn sounds good - rolls off the tongue in the same way as Porthmellyn Road.

Thanks, I didn't know whether to hit agree or thanks, but either way it's appreciated, and yes I liked it, I did play around with quite a few names, some relevant to the area, and some relevant to Family members that lived down there like combining the Pen with Dads name Roy forming Penroy, but that was a bit corny.

I also need to work out the Back Scene, I may go for a wooded area like opposite the River Tamar in this pic below, or just a simple Field, either way, I'm just playing around with Sketches at the moment.

post-9335-0-02051700-1460498597.jpg

• Like 4