Porth Merryn, Small Cornish Fishing Port

Andrew P

Any update Andy?

Hi Brian, Yes and No, Yesterday I had a running session and found a couple of Magnets that needed moving, and I also need to work out the siding behind the Platform as I want a Dairy back there now instead of a Brewery and so I need to plan the Building and Canopy.

There will be more updates soon, I promise, (as the Politician said to the Voter). :O  :no:  :nono:  :stinker:  :sungum:  :rtfm:  :laugh:  :laugh: :laugh:  :shout:  

Did you manage to find any capstans for the dock side at Sutton? Dairy sounds a good idea Can we expect a 6 wheel milk tanker being pulled by a green class 22 ?

No Capstans, Bollards, Fishing Boats, or even the odd Cod Piece at Sutton mate, but there's Derby in a couple of weeks so no rush.

Re the Milk Tanks, yes a Green 22, or Prairie or Pannier.

• Like 3

Well I've accepted two provisional bookings for Porth Merryn for 2017, it sounds a long way off now but it has to be ready for its first showing in December this year at our Clubs Open Weekend.

A little more work on planning and cutting formers for the Fish Warehouse and the Dairy today, nothing worth photographing unless you like bits of Wood and Sawdust.

Hopefully more progress tomorrow, because as you will see on Pencarne, I've been busy today doing a Weathering Job.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

If you go to Derby one of our club members Darren will be there with Kilve well worth a look.

I am sure you will have Porth Merryn up to scratch for the shows as long as you don't start any more layouts!

Don

If you go to Derby one of our club members Darren will be there with Kilve well worth a look.

I am sure you will have Porth Merryn up to scratch for the shows as long as you don't start any more layouts!

Don

Thanks Don, I'm helping run Ashborne Midland on one of the Days all being well so I'll look out for it, I was reading the article in the current Railway Modeller on it whilst on Holiday, it looks superb.

As for more Layouts, well I do have two plans drawn up, and another that I'm working on, the plan is to do a small one a Year for our Club if I can, in addition to working on Pencarne and North  Road.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Don, I'm helping run Ashborne Midland on one of the Days all being well so I'll look out for it, I was reading the article in the current Railway Modeller on it whilst on Holiday, it looks superb.

As for more Layouts, well I do have two plans drawn up, and another that I'm working on, the plan is to do a small one a Year for our Club if I can, in addition to working on Pencarne and North  Road.

One a year sounds about right. Build it one year exhibit it the next

Don

• Like 1

And so how many layouts have you got on the go then????

You seem to build layouts at about the same rate as I build wagons...............

Jinty ;)

Hi David, see Pencarne Page 104, Post #2596  http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/101157-pencarne-rural-cornish-blt-from-page-54/page-104   for all you need to know, anyway its only 4 and looking at your Vans the other night I recon you have a lot more than that, hahah

• Like 1

Hi Andy

Layouts coming on in leaps and bounds. Like you I couldn't find any capstans to fit to the dock side on KoLW. But then I found something that's quite similar that can be adapted and that's readily available. Here's a picture with at least 3 in view.

post-18515-0-15931200-1462008203.jpg

They are notice board pins filed and painted.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 3

Hi Andy

Layouts coming on in leaps and bounds. Like you I couldn't find any capstans to fit to the dock side on KoLW. But then I found something that's quite similar that can be adapted and that's readily available. Here's a picture with at least 3 in view.

attachicon.gifDSC09001-L.jpg

They are notice board pins filed and painted.

Cheers

Marcus

Cheers Marcus, what a cracking idea, really looks good.

With the Goods Yard almost completed on Pencarne today, I hope to do a little more on here tomorrow. I'm still working out how to do the Dairy and also another Warehouse next to it. I also need to do some more running to ensure all the Magnets and Stock is uncoupling as it should.

Andy

Can I ask what plans you have for the warehouse?

Since you've started this layout, I've always imagined it as Porthleven, near Helston, where my grandparents lived in their retirement.

I have always thought it would have made an ideal extention of the Helston branch, and has what I think could be an ideal prototype

inspiration for your warehouse. I haven't worked out how to post photos here, but googling images for Porthleven should show you what

I'm on about. I'd be very interested to  know your thoughts.

All the best

TONY

Andy

Can I ask what plans you have for the warehouse?

Since you've started this layout, I've always imagined it as Porthleven, near Helston, where my grandparents lived in their retirement.

I have always thought it would have made an ideal extention of the Helston branch, and has what I think could be an ideal prototype

inspiration for your warehouse. I haven't worked out how to post photos here, but googling images for Porthleven should show you what

I'm on about. I'd be very interested to  know your thoughts.

All the best

TONY

Thanks Tony, I've looked at the images for Porthleven, and although I cant see a definite Warehouse I do have things in my mind as I showed in the image on the previous page.

Thanks for your interest in Porth Merryn.

Looking forward to some good work on PM this week, I need to do a final run so that I can paint he Rails and look at laying the Quayside Tracks in some cobbles.

• Like 2