ARC Models: Closing down

ARCModels

Dear all,

I am afriad to inform you that, due to very recent positive personal circumstances, that I am to close down ARC Models.

This will not be effected immediately, I will continue to sell off my remaining stock and only then will I stop trading. The only items left in stock are:

Barclay 14" 0-4-0st in Post-war condition

Barclay 18" 0-6-0t with sloping side tanks

The latter will be the very last batch I order of any kit, with only 25 kits available, and with the former, I have only a few left, I'm expecting these to sell quickly, I therefore suggest that if you wish to secure your kit, please place an order ASAP, order forms can be requested by emailing me at arcmodels@fsmail.net

I hope that I have made as many people happy as I have been over the past 3 and a half years on trading, and I hope that my products have made a positive impact on the hobby.

I hope that I do not leave a gap in the hobby which can not be filled very shortly, and I encourage anyone to produce industrial/private railway models, the range is yet largely untapped and is extremely vast and varied. A very worthwhile subject.

I leave a very kind and generous hobby and it is that which is the strongest aspect of it, with much kindness and encouragement over the years, some of which was quite necessary for the survival of ARC Models, something which only in todays circumstances I can see as ironic, but at least now I'm leaving on my own accord and not due to failure.

Thank you all and all the best,

Adam

of ARC Models.

Positive personal circumstances?? You won the lottery??!! A Leicester City supporter with a 1000GBPet?

All the very best for the future, I have a couple of your kits put aside for future projects here in Oz.

cheers from Oz,

Peter C.

Positive personal circumstances?? You won the lottery??!! A Leicester City supporter with a 1000GBPet?

Or possibly even emigrating to, er, Australia.

Whatever those positive circumstances are, fair play to you, and I think we'd all wish you the health to enjoy it.

Well, what a shame this is...

Interesting industrial prototypes, which were easy to build with scope to detail and improve depending on your preferences/confidence. 

I had been envisaging a future range from ARC which used the forthcoming Hornby Peckett chassis *sigh*

The current state of play of my ARC Barclay:

Paul A. 

post-5089-0-83900600-1460293053_thumb.jpg

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived