Liquid Gravity, which glue

• RMweb Premium

Not PVA. It can cause expansion issues in the future. as it may react with the lead.

I've taken to using cheap (3 bottles from the poundshop) superglue or varnish dripped in.

Cheers,

Mick

I have always used the fibreglass resin to mix in with the weight. Measure the quantity of weight you need to fill the space and then mix the resin and add the weight. The mixture can then be (carefully) fed in to the space. There has never been any expansion issues with this method as far as I can tell. This can also be used in loco boilers etc.

If you are loading open wagons with the weight then you can put the weight in the wagon and carefully pour the resin over the weight, it will naturally level and seal in the weight. This can also be done on the underframe of the wagon if the design allows, and obviously the insides of vans before you fix the roof. Use a set of scales or a means of balance to make sure all your stock has the same weight - this will help avoid derailments by some stock being too heavy.

• RMweb Premium

Not PVA. It can cause expansion issues in the future. as it may react with the lead.

I've taken to using cheap (3 bottles from the poundshop) superglue or varnish dripped in.

Cheers,

Mick

I haven't bought any of this 'Liquid Gravity' but I assumed that the main idea of it was that it didn't contain lead?

Graham

Archived