2nd, small Cardiff show, Saturday 21st Jan 2017.

naturol

Brian,

valleymodeller will be operating "Notts Landing"

Just thought I'd mention that it's Knotts Landing, with a K, but as it's silent I understand! About as silent as the Cardiff City stadium yesterday! 

I wouldn't want anyone to get the impression that it's a layout based in Nottinghamshire, so anyone exiting to see a scale model of Toton depot would be disappointing. And although i will be helping with it it\s not my layout as you know. And I have an important appointment with Cardiff City in the afternoon.

Hope all is going well. See you on the 21st.

Tony

Brian,

valleymodeller will be operating "Notts Landing"

Just thought I'd mention that it's Knotts Landing, with a K, but as it's silent I understand! About as silent as the Cardiff City stadium yesterday! 

I wouldn't want anyone to get the impression that it's a layout based in Nottinghamshire, so anyone exiting to see a scale model of Toton depot would be disappointing. And although i will be helping with it it\s not my layout as you know. And I have an important appointment with Cardiff City in the afternoon.

Hope all is going well. See you on the 21st.

Tony

And allegedly, I left school with 'A' Level English !

The 'main thread' for the show can be found at:-

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/117565-cardiff-small-model-railway-show-2017/?p=2569284

Brian R

Many thanks, Brian. I shall try the walking route if the weather is kind. I used to know my way around pretty well but almost none of the buildings you mention (except the road bridge!) were there when I lived in Cardiff, and worked from a base in Canton for several summers as a student. It is bad enough in the areas around what used to be the public library and Queen Street - and then the yuppie area to the east of General Station! Bring back the single decker trolleybuses, I say!

Jonathan

The streets are the same Jon, even if the buildings have changed.

If the weather holds (it is January after all ), it is a pleasant walk.

Brian R

If you are a very good boy I will bring my Pannier (8732) with an SWD sound chip so that you can see a proper loco rather than all these diseasels on your railway. :yes: :yes:

Regards,

Dave

Ooh yes please sir.

I have a shunters gig, with three links one end, to couple to your pannier, and Spratt & Winkle the other for my stock.

I promise to be good sir !

British Rail regrets to announce that the passenger service to Newquay which passes Trevanna clay works will be suspended on 21st January 2017. This is due to no spare DMU being available to cover for a failed unit... Replacement road transport will be provided. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause!

Well the layout is away and I'm just enjoying a post show curry!

Thanks to the organisers for the invite, I enjoyed myself once again. Thanks also to the behind the scenes crew who kept us fed and watered!

The layout performed fine apart from some spots that my 08 catches with it's crank pins but that's easily sorted and it was a shame i couldn't provide a passenger service owing to a failed unit, nice to meet some new RMwebbers as well.

Thanks to Barry and Brian R for the prezzies!

Some quickly grabbed pics to follow.

Cheers

• RMweb Premium

Thanks to all involved in the show. A most enjoyable day. Good to meet some people who have just been avatars and "names". An excellent selection of layouts, all with friendly operators.

Thanks for the travel info. Very useful. And to whoever arranged the weather, ensuring a most enjoyable walk through Sophia Gardens and Pontcanna Fields.

Well worth the trip.

Jonathan

I made the journey from Bedford and thoroughly enjoyed the show.  Just one measure of its success is the numbers through the door - 250+.  I also enjoyed meeting lots of people and learning from the demonstrators.  Well done, all concerned!

Chris

I made the journey from Bedford and thoroughly enjoyed the show.  Just one measure of its success is the numbers through the door - 250+.  I also enjoyed meeting lots of people and learning from the demonstrators.  Well done, all concerned!

Chris

Leaving home at 5:00am showed your commitment to the cause Chris.

Good to see you, thanks for coming

And thanks to everyome else, visitors, exhibitors, demonstrators, helpers, caterers and trader, for making it an enjoyable day .

Brian & Paul R

• RMweb Gold

Yes, good to see various forum members there. Enjoyed the layouts. Plenty of ideas for scenic stuff in particular.

Good to see trains actually running continuously on virtually all layouts. Some operators of bigger layouts at bigger exhibitions would do well to learn from that....

• RMweb Gold

Yes, good to see various forum members there. Enjoyed the layouts. Plenty of ideas for scenic stuff in particular.

Good to see trains actually running continuously on virtually all layouts. Some operators of bigger layouts at bigger exhibitions would do well to learn from that....

Jolly nice bacon as well :)

As promised here are some pics from the show which I managed to grab before it was time for lights out.

First up is Sheep Lane by Mr Gunsmoke, very nice to see this at last. I was hoping to meet the famous Norman but he must have been chasing Molly in the cafe again!

post-6773-0-00825900-1485103747.jpg

Next is Brian Rolley's Rosamund Street, another layout I was looking forward to seeing.

post-6773-0-73205000-1485103778.jpg

Wales, Rain and Steel by Marc Smith. Apologies for the quallity, the camera isn't too good in dark light.

post-6773-0-61369100-1485103801.jpg

On to Moose Creek by Brian Tucker. Having seen this on here I was looking forward to this, I've seen layouts with snow in the past and it just looked wrong but I think Brian has nailed it.

post-6773-0-97184700-1485103848.jpg

This is Penny Lane by Baz Jones' son I think? A work in progress but showing some good promise.

post-6773-0-52723100-1485103880.jpg

And finally my layout trevanna Dries (originally built by Dave Tailby and refurbished/re-wired by Nick Goward both of DEMU).

post-6773-0-23715800-1485103905.jpg

This one is for Marc Smith and shows the 08 at work which is a recent acquisition for the Trevanna fleet. Here it is returning to St Blazey with a couple of Clayhoods in tow.

post-6773-0-39459000-1485103933.jpg

Another highlight was getting to chat to Hywel Thomas about his work on Morfa Bank. If you've never seen his work have a look here http://www.emgauge70s.co.uk/.

Apologies if I missed grabbing a shot of your layout but I only managed a quick point and shoot before packing up.

I thouroughly enjoyed the day and spent as much time talking as operating but all part of the fun of course. Here's to next time!

Cheers,

Wayne

After completing my first exhibition in demonstration mode, a quick note to say thanks to the Rolleys for making it all seem so easy! And to Mr and Mrs L&B for the food and drink! An enjoyable, if tiring, day and I have to say my voice was suffering by 4.30. Great to meet everyone from both near and far, exhibitors and visitors, and thanks to everyone who stopped by my table for a chat.

Cheers!

Hywel

After completing my first exhibition in demonstration mode, a quick note to say thanks to the Rolleys for making it all seem so easy! And to Mr and Mrs L&B for the food and drink! An enjoyable, if tiring, day and I have to say my voice was suffering by 4.30. Great to meet everyone from both near and far, exhibitors and visitors, and thanks to everyone who stopped by my table for a chat.

Cheers!

Hywel

Thank you Hywel

I've already been searching online for Preiser Quarry Stone walling.

Regards

Brian

Archived