The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Ladybird book on Sheds

AMJ

Ladybird book on Sheds - an adult book based on the classic children's style of books.  Not a book about locomotives!

9780718183585.jpg

Now then who does this remind you of?

Looks like there are a few similar themed books when you look on the likes of https://www.waterstones.com/booklist/262226/waterstones-booksellers-books- 

Other titles include

How it Works: The Wife - Ladybirds for Grown-Ups

The Ladybird Book of the Hangover

Having read most of these books (luckily the station bookstall stocks them, and reading one fits nicely into waiting for a train, so one doesn't even have to pay!), I think they are probably like all comedy, funnier the nearer the bone they cut.

So, the Sheds one had me creased-up, because I could empathise (all too closely, in some cases) with almost every one of the shed-owners illustrated (I'm sure I actually know some of them as friends),but the Hipster and Mindfulness ones, for instance, left me a bit unmoved, because I regard both types as so self-indulgent and/or self-deluded as to be irritating, rather than funny (they probably think the same about mildly grouchy middle-aged blokes, who hide from the world in their sheds).

Kevin

PS: Ozex, yes, and worse! (Actually, I've just realised: I'm grumpy with Hipsters precisely because they are young, and I'm not.)

Archived