Surfer/wetsuited figures

My latest layout is a narrow gauge seaside terminus. Behind the railway is a campsite. In the campsite is a VW Kombi with surfboards on its roof. I've been looking for models of figures in wetsuits  (either to be unloading the boards or carrying one over the bridge NOT riding one in the water) but no success so far.

Is anyone aware of any such figures in H0 or 00 scales? 

• RMweb Premium

Look for a swimsuit figure then repaint it black. Given how tight wetsuits are, you want to be looking for the skin tight effect. 

• RMweb Premium

I have some frogmen figures that came from one of the 'Micro Machines' sets. Not only are they to 00 scale they are posable with moving arms, the range also includes sailboards and a jetski. Micro machines however are no longer made/obtainable in the UK but can be found on e-bay.

Skateboards don't tend to work so well on a beach/in the sea...

Thanks for all the suggestions. Unfortunately I'd just put in an order for Preiser/Noch figures yesterday before I posted this and it's probably not worth doing another order for just a couple of figures. I'll see if any of the ones I've ordered can be repainted.

Totally random tangent time.... I'm also working on a narrow gauge seaside terminus and have just, quite accidentally, discovered how to make model seaweed,

get some of this: http://www.affinitymodels.co.uk/p96625/delux-materials-liquid-gravity/b0-3781-3781 the little metal balls that you use for weighing down rolling stock, mix it with some cheap PVA glue and spread it on a flat plate in seaweed'y shapes.

As it dries, the strands of glue are stained by the rust from the metal balls, and go exactly the colour of seaweed, the balls neatly represent the little floatation bags in the weed itself, simple but effective!

Skateboards don't tend to work so well on a beach/in the sea...

Thanks for all the suggestions. Unfortunately I'd just put in an order for Preiser/Noch figures yesterday before I posted this and it's probably not worth doing another order for just a couple of figures. I'll see if any of the ones I've ordered can be repainted.

no but cut off the wheels and you got a skimboard  ,  you skim along the edges of the waves and land  or  do face plants if you don't time it right .

flicker should provide inspiration 

• 2 months later...

Archived