"Single" line working

pitbull1845

Hi,

I've been absent for a while as my personal circumstances have had a dramatic change (not my doing), I've been treading water for a couple of months with everything on hold.
As of Saturday I'm going to have a lot more time on my hands with no family around 24/7, so to remain sane I've started this thread.

I apologise to those expecting to see a new concept, It's basically the same layout design with the small depot and sidings but as I've sold off most of my stock the sidings are going to be heavily overgrown. I've kept a few items of,  mainly my Colas fleet, but my plan is to leave these in their boxes so I can concentrate on the layout itself without distraction.

I may still sell of my Colas stock too, as I'm tempted to return to the 90's but I may have to sell it all to survive.. It's a bit of an unknown entity at the moment. 

I will add some pictures when I get chance, but I just wanted to get this thread started to give me some kind of enthusiasm and something to focus on, on those long lonely nights! 

Cheers

Scott

Edited by pitbull1845

Hi Scott

Sounds as if you're having a rough time of it. You'll always get plenty of support on here mate so throw yourself into your modelling, if you can, and hopefully it will take your mind off what's happening.

Take care mate.

Cheers

Marcus

Hi Scott.

Sorry to hear about your circumstances.

I have been there and am still there now and again.

Keeping busy is a good distraction from the world.

Good luck and keep on truckin.

Trev :)

• Like 2

Evening,

Thanks for the support, it's always nice to know you've got my back.

I thought I'd better add some pictures, although I'm a bit disappointed with them. They didn't look as blurred on my phone!

The easiest way to get the numbers of the locos stabled at the far end of the sidings is by popping into the Lidl car park. 66209 is the only one here today.

post-6849-0-61564600-1469654522.jpg   

Another shot of the yard, and a glimpse of the new trial virtual quarry on the far side.

post-6849-0-45749200-1469654535.jpg

At the depot 37421 sits in silence, awaiting its next duty.

post-6849-0-48990700-1469654552.jpg

That's it for now, I'll make sure the photos are better next time. 

Cheers

Scott

• Like 9

All the best Scott, been there and got the T Shirt, but that was back in 79, that's 1979 before anyone asks, and probably before you were Born Scott, I survived by enjoying Model Railways and keeping the mind off other things.

All the best mate.

BTW, The 90's / 3TG and Sectors sounds good to me.

BTW2 Also miss popping into Lidl's Eastleigh for a pack of 4 Blueberry Muffins to take onto the Platform and a reason to use their Car park. Hahahha

Edited by Andrew P

Good luck Scott, I've been where you are twice now but wasn't modelling at the time...........in hindsight I wish I had been. Try and stay positive, and try and keep that model railway both for your own sanity and for something to do, I shall be watching with interest  ;)

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

I will add some pictures when I get chance, but I just wanted to get this thread started to give me some kind of enthusiasm and something to focus on, on those long lonely nights! 

long lonely nights, not seeing your family....

a colas based layout seems very apt (having not been home since saturday myself!)

chin up fella

Looking good so far Scott. Must admit I like the sound of 3TG and the 90's. Don't worry I'm only 2 years ahead of you. I was 7 in 1979.

Must admit I loved the 90's as I joined the railway in 93. Think the mid 90s were the best for variety just before privatisation as you had all the sector liveries along with the new Mainline, LoadHaul and Transrail liveries. Well if you can call Transrail new. They just went for the easy / cheap option and rebranded the sector and Dutch liveries.

Get stuck into that modelling mate and as Big Jim says "Keep yer chin up"

All the best mate.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 3

Good luck Scott, keep focused you will come out the other with some positives eventually, though it may not feel like it at the moment.

Modelling is a positive distraction to take the mind of the negative things life throws at us.

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear about your circumstances Scott hope everything works out for you, Like big T I have been there too and am still here to tell the tale. Glad to see you starting again mate keep your chin up.

Bruce

• Like 1

Evening,

Only a very small update, had the kids in between shifts, so time is limited. I did however get some time to go to EH on Thursday for a meet up with some of the usual RMwebbers, always nice to catch up over a curry!

After spending time at EH I've definitely decided to keep the layout based in and around this area, lots of options for movements and locos.. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc85PbcVNu4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8KrPzX6Agc

The only progress on the layout is a bit of scenic work at the far end, been adding some more ballast and a sprinkling of greens stuff.

My plan is to start at one end and work along to the FY (when that bits built).

Back to work tomorrow so no modelling but maybe some research..

• Like 4

Evening,

Only a very small update, had the kids in between shifts, so time is limited. I did however get some time to go to EH on Thursday for a meet up with some of the usual RMwebbers, always nice to catch up over a curry!

After spending time at EH I've definitely decided to keep the layout based in and around this area, lots of options for movements and locos.. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc85PbcVNu4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8KrPzX6Agc

The only progress on the layout is a bit of scenic work at the far end, been adding some more ballast and a sprinkling of greens stuff.

My plan is to start at one end and work along to the FY (when that bits built).

Back to work tomorrow so no modelling but maybe some research..

That Lidl car park always seems to be full when I try to park there. They should set aside a part for railway enthusiasts.....

Best wishes Scott.

Peter

Long time since used to park up in Lidl on a Thursday night, normally with George T of this Parish when he lived in Gosport and I was at Waterlooville, I see its the same old GBRF stuff there still. They were just starting the Virtual Quarry when I left the area in 2005.

Nice shots of the Colas Triplets.

66701 recently arrived with the Arlington barrier set. Thought it was going to go straight back out into the works but the coaches were left in the siding whilst 701 went off light engine. Must have gone for refuelling.

post-6849-0-21035800-1471200062_thumb.jpg

post-6849-0-01777900-1471200076_thumb.jpg

I need to liase with PaulRhb and his static grass device..

• Like 8

Morning,

Apologies if this is a bit repetitive, but things are slowly developing on the layout.

I've had a bit of a tidy up which makes all the difference, and last night I added a bit more greenery and did some more ballasting.

It's starting to come together a bit, I even had time to play trains for a bit, well moving the sound colas 60 around testing points after ballasting..

So here are a few photos, pretty much the same part of the layout as previously but as I move along the layout I'll take more pictures.

post-6849-0-10259400-1471767613.jpg

post-6849-0-98889700-1471767622.jpg

post-6849-0-82932000-1471767630.jpg

post-6849-0-87976600-1471767637.jpg

• Like 13