Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Abbotswood junction - Original layout - thread now closed please see Abbotswood and Norton Junctions

Phil Bullock

• RMweb Gold

Just found this thread and all I can say Phil is......WOW!!!!!!

I had to look a few times to check that it wasn't actually real, and if the curves weren't so sharp, I'd have put money on it that it was!

Great modelling. If I get my scenery to look anywhere near as good as yours I'l be over the moon.

Mike

• RMweb Gold

Just found this thread and all I can say Phil is......WOW!!!!!!

I had to look a few times to check that it wasn't actually real, and if the curves weren't so sharp, I'd have put money on it that it was!

Great modelling. If I get my scenery to look anywhere near as good as yours I'l be over the moon.

Mike

Glad you liked it Mike...the outdoor filming works well too

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Hee hee weather not so predictable here Mike!

One flood was enough....

Phil

Exactly the opposite problem here, blazing sunshine equals buckled track.

You'll have to bring it over and set it up in the man cave, don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to save up!!

Mike.

Mike.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Gareth

Wow - can I have that for my panel please?

So would I be right in assuming that means the new signals are commissioned? Always thought sighting of the up home under the bridge would be difficult - the new position on the down side of the bridge has to be better

Thanks again for posting

Phil

• Like 1

Hi Gareth

Wow - can I have that for my panel please?

So would I be right in assuming that means the new signals are commissioned? Always thought sighting of the up home under the bridge would be difficult - the new position on the down side of the bridge has to be better

Thanks again for posting

Phil

Hi Phil

All the signals are working now but apart from what i see on the 3 screens i cant tell u much more. I've been working it since monday morning and was lucky enough to signal the 1st trains on the new system including the new banking arrangements at bromsgrove. I am a Saltley signalman but im 1 of 4 (at the moment) signalmen that cross cover the bromsgrove panel as at the moment there are no rostered siganalmen for the workstation. Saltley sigs take over responsability for bromsgrove from june next year.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Gareth - presumably that's the train on the display...6M59 and 0B00?

Looking forwards to next year - Bill Veloz from the Newbury Club has popped up with an invite to their show in February, will look forwards to that

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Ooh, Newbury - one of my old stomping grounds. Might have to try and get there Phil.

With a crew of 4 - Pierre Le Brun, Digby Wall and Downendian - am hopeful of a relaxed show!

Come and have a natter Colin!

Phil

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Phil

All the signals are working now but apart from what i see on the 3 screens i cant tell u much more. I've been working it since monday morning and was lucky enough to signal the 1st trains on the new system including the new banking arrangements at bromsgrove. I am a Saltley signalman but im 1 of 4 (at the moment) signalmen that cross cover the bromsgrove panel as at the moment there are no rostered siganalmen for the workstation. Saltley sigs take over responsability for bromsgrove from june next year.

Hi Gareth,

Just catching up on the Abbotswood Thread - do you mind if I ask what the new banking arrangements are at Bromsgrove - I thought there was that little freight up the Lickey now, that banking had basically been abandoned???

Phil, well done on the YouTube achievement - amazing to hit 1/2 million views!  Mind you, its an amazing layout, so we shouldn't be surprised that people want to see it!

Rich

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

A one day show to kick the year off - Newbury on 11th Feb

Taking a 4 man crew - Pierre and Downendian of this parish plus old school colleague Digby Wall

Hoping to have Iphones working so should be some slick operations - and new power on show, D1733, D118 and D854 Tiger plus one or two more....

Phil

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A one day show to kick the year off - Newbury on 11th Feb

Taking a 4 man crew - Pierre and Downendian of this parish plus old school colleague Digby Wall

Hoping to have Iphones working so should be some slick operations - and new power on show, D1733, D118 and D854 Tiger plus one or two more....

Phil

Looking forward to it Phil.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

So productive weekend -

All locos and stock exams done

Signals inspected and repaired as required

Iphones linked to ECoS

And Jimbo has got D838 ready to join the roster, D1584 not far behind, D326 and D864 may just make it.....

Cable testing still to do but all coming together well

Phil

• Like 7