Abbotswood junction - Original layout - thread now closed please see Abbotswood and Norton Junctions

Phil Bullock

• RMweb Gold

Hee hee

Not quite that big Andy! She did acquire an odd end (centre box rather than split centre box) shortly after the period I have modelled her - am guessing that your link would be her next overhaul after that when she acquired sealed beams and became 45071.....

Phil

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Some cake left, what a set of lightweights!, obviously none was discovered by the Shawplan stand?

Glad you enjoyed the weekend, I've always got good ole YouTube to keep me going.

Mike.

Hi Phil, I very much enjoyed spending time watching AJ on Sunday, thanks for a more than regular service to keep me entertained.

Every time I went round to see Brian he was busy Mike! plainly missing you....

And yes certainly wasn't a Sunday service Andy - glad you enjoyed, we seemed to have a good audience most of the day. Was that you sat out in the café with Mr Mortimore when the lights went out?

Phil

Phil

Every time I went round to see Brian he was busy Mike! plainly missing you....

And yes certainly wasn't a Sunday service Andy - glad you enjoyed, we seemed to have a good audience most of the day. Was that you sat out in the café with Mr Mortimore when the lights went out?

Phil

Phil

Yes indeed Phil, that was me, Clive had just bought a round of coffee and cake for the 6 of us, I guess it's my turn again at the next show.

post-9335-0-60062900-1490170670_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Cheers!

And Clive said he needed to confirm that my lashings were right on those vehicles and that the Ferret is out of period - I pointed out that it was the last survivor and was heading to Ashchurch for mounting as the gate guard.... 

Phil

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Cheltenham show this weekend

http://cheltmodrail.org.uk/

Although we are not on the list of attractions we will be there - in one of the small rooms off the stage - with our back room story. Come and have a chat about anything that takes your fancy....

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Although we are not on the list of attractions we will be there - in one of the small rooms off the stage - with our back room story. Come and have a chat about anything that takes your fancy....

Phil

Does Cheltenham have wifi?, you could do a live webcam for those of us who can't attend.

Mike.

• RMweb Premium

Phil

Sorry Phil I have been poorly this week and despite normally making down your way I will miss Abbotswood this weekend.

It is normally a good show so those who can make do so. All proceeds go to charity. 

• RMweb Gold

Nothing too serious I hope Clive-get well soon! And just to clarify the layout won't be there... Just me and friends with stock, control system, videos and info such as wtt...so a chance for a natter!

Phil

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

My signature has now been modified to give details of our nest couple of outings

The Downs Light Railway Trust is something very different - see link below

Sorry if anyone was disappointed we hadn't got the layout out at Cheltenham recently - but the backroom piece seemed to go down well, we sorted out some DCC issues for others and hopefully got a few other folks interested....

Cheers

Phil

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I are spending the weekend in the Malvern area this weekend (West of England Ladies Kennel Society) and were out for a drive this afternoon.

Unusually, it was herself who saw the signs for the "Downs Light Railway" event.

So, it was "never mind the Grand Prix, lets see some railways".

No sooner was I through the entrance when I recognised Abbotswood Junction and thought "result".

Introduction taken care of and before I had the chance to take in the layout that inspired my own (work in progress) I was put in charge of all down workings (or was it up)?

Had a smashing session operation this fantastic layout in the company Phil.

Thanks for being so welcoming and so trusting. A great afternoon.

Then there was live steam miniature railway that ran round the school playing fields.

Oh! The wife was left in the car so I couldn't stay long but it was worth missing the Grand Prix for.

Cheers Phil.

Bob

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Was great to see you Bob!

Sorry we didnt have the full working signalling installed .... 3 signals down at the moment

Hope your good lady wasnt too upset and that you both enjoy the rest of the weekend

Like many others what you have seen is the ease of operation with ECoS....

And there were many others who seemed to enjoy the day .... back again tomorrow!

Cheers

Phil

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

So Downs was interesting - particularly from the people side.....met up with Phil Tandy, one of the family running the tinplate Templeford layout, haven't seen him since 1974 when school finished....

Also the sister of another acquaintance/colleague, Alistair Munro - who is also connected to Brian R of this parish. The world gets smaller as we get older.....Alistair's sister and partner were there with the Warley MRC junior section layout.

Next event is another favourite....GWSR diesel gala at the end of July, a chance to play amongst the big boys....

Note to self - get some soft soled shoes, that concrete floor in the engine shed is lethal!

Have modified signature to include this event plus others for this year, see below

And will soon be starting a new thread when we start the rebuild....

Phil

Edited by Phil Bullock
  • Like 4

You kept that quiet Phil.

EM at last, hallelujah!!

Mike.

I like the sound of that :)  and also a good opportunity to get rid of the bow and arrow couplings and fit instanters.........   oh hang on, how much time have you got?

So Downs was interesting - particularly from the people side.....met up with Phil Tandy, one of the family running the tinplate Templeford layout, haven't seen him since 1974 when school finished....

Also the sister of another acquaintance/colleague, Alistair Munro - who is also connected to Brian R of this parish. The world gets smaller as we get older.....Alistair's sister and partner were there with the Warley MRC junior section layout.

Next event is another favourite....GWSR diesel gala at the end of July, a chance to play amongst the big boys....

Note to self - get some soft soled shoes, that concrete floor in the engine shed is lethal!

Have modified signature to include this event plus others for this year, see below

And will soon be starting a new thread when we start the rebuild....

Phil

Looking forward to it . . .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Toddington weekend coming up!

Will be there Friday 28th to Sunday 30th - with help from Jimbo, Mr TV, SVRlad, Tarifa, Pierre Le Brun and Downendian - many thanks gentlemen, looking forwards to it

New power?

Heljan D1013 replaced by Dapol version.....and theres bound to be a few Class 43s scuttling around. Some guest power also likely to appear including Downendian's Class 44 D6 - or is that 6???

Phil

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Toddington weekend coming up!

Will be there Friday 28th to Sunday 30th - with help from Jimbo, Mr TV, SVRlad, Tarifa, Pierre Le Brun and Downendian - many thanks gentlemen, looking forwards to it

New power?

Heljan D1013 replaced by Dapol version.....and theres bound to be a few Class 43s scuttling around. Some guest power also likely to appear including Downendian's Class 44 D6 - or is that 6???

Phil

Looking forward to the trip up on Saturday - see you there

Chris

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 1

Very much looking forward to it Phil.

Depending on what I'm doing, they're might also be a 'hybrid' Warship making its debut this weekend. I'll also be bringing a few more goodies, though mainly consumable ones!

• Like 1