gismorail

hi andy,

No a lot happening on Chumley End at the moment still fitting the kitchen and driving around the Queen's Highway in the wagon ....... :triniti:

NOT both at the same time I hope, hahahha. :no:  :no:  :no:

Clockwork or Radio Control?

Oh full bore 240v :scared:  :scared:  as I have a power pack that pugs into the wagon's 24volt cab plug and inverts it up to 240V.....it runs the microwave fridge / freezer and coffee machine .......telly and my laptop ....real home from home  :sungum: so there would be no problem hooking up my spare Gaugemaster DCC system (don't think I would risk the Lenz system in the wagon) .....so loco's would have sound lights and ACTION  :jester:  :jester:

• Like 2

I take it you will be having a barn on your layout looking at the plan.

Here is a nice one for you ready for occupation, a bit open plan and airy.

What a challange......

Hi Kevin, 

Yes there will be a barn on the layout probably not quite as run down as your sample  :sungum: ...Maybe I could use a small scale within  the back scene which looks a bit run down and neglected ..... :triniti:

Hi Martin, Good to have a chat this evening, sorry to hear  Work and DIY are getting in the way of enjoyment mate.

Hope you get back to some serious modelling soon.

Yes it was good to chat tonight Andy , really want to push on with the layout but I'm not very good at multi-tasking ....need a clear head to complete the control panel and I'm fully loaded with kitchen construction ideas at present  :triniti: ...... 

• Like 1

If you get bored you can come and finish mine - kitchen that is.

No problem I'll call round for a couple of days and 'practice' putting up kitchen cupboards on 'none straight' walls.......then I should be OK to do it for real on mine without butchering them  :butcher:  :butcher:  :jester:  

No problem I'll call round for a couple of days and 'practice' putting up kitchen cupboards on 'none straight' walls.......then I should be OK to do it for real on mine without butchering them  :butcher:  :butcher:  :jester:

Been there, done that. Now contemplating should I attempt mitring the work top joins myself or pay a professional to do it. Keep telling myself it's not much different to baseboard joins but .......

Been there, done that. Now contemplating should I attempt mitring the work top joins myself or pay a professional to do it. Keep telling myself it's not much different to baseboard joins but .......

Just done a straight female / male joint are our worktop joints. Used a 'Trend' Jig available from Screwfix (£90) delivered. Practise on the old worktops first .....determine that the worktops are in as straight as possible 90% angle is important. Loads of 'you tube ' are how to do it on line ....heart in mouth time when cutting for :jester: real  

Well kitchen more or less completed ...well plinths and trims to put on but what the hell it all works ....need to be in the mood me thinks and I have missed railway modelling  :triniti: It's a funny old thing but I do enjoy DIY ......  :butcher: Bogger  :butcher: but when one has so many railway related ideas going around in the old grey matter I just can't be bothered ....strange but true and I'm sure that many on here feel the same ...... it's good living alone no one to nag  :blum:

Well this morning has been spent regaining possession of the railway room ie. clearing out all the empty cardboard boxes and wrapping that came with the kitchen units so it's all packed into the car ready for a trip to the tip ........wow what FUN ....... avoiding the ' Oh mate not in that skip '  or 'Sorry we don't take that ' .......bloody hell give them a high vis vest and they think their in charge  :sarcastichand: .....so with any luck I'm going to do a bit on the layout this afternoon ......will of course spend about an hour trying to work out what's next from last time  :senile:

• Like 1

Thanks Trevor & Andy yes it's good to be back in the 'man cave' doing what one wants  :paint: ...... :locomotive:

Well as predicted in my earlier post I got the layout all set up to start something productive and had a total senior moment ....(hour to be honest) and puzzled as to where all the loose wires were supposed to be going ......... had a good revision as to what was what on Dave's instructional video's and finally got the servo's moving again . I also took the opportunity to try out a new electrical 'gismo' that my good friend Trevor (shedman) made up for programming the servo movement , This is normally done by pressing buttons on the mega control board which can make viewing the actual amount of movement of the point blade so there is provision within the board to over ride the buttons by plugging an extension led so that one can view the movement amount from top of the base board. 

the following photographs will hopefully explain 

post-5136-0-20817200-1492636781.jpg          post-5136-0-87781100-1492636806.jpg

Tthanks Trevor it does a cracking job 

post-5136-0-98361500-1492636831.jpg

The last picture shows the control panel pugged into the layout for the first time .....

• Like 3

Hi Martin. Pleased the box works OK for you. Question now is have you tried the layout yet now you've got it wired? Looking forward to hearing about it. But I agree with Andrew P. Wow!!! :O

This is of course the million dollar question ........the reply has to be no !!! I disconnected the servo's from the points to be honest as my next job is to determine which direction each servo is driving in relationship to the LED indicator on the panel. My intention is that when the power is off the servo's will direct each turnout to the main running line this will of course require some of the servo's to be reversed and this is now my next exercise .........there are I fear many senior moments ahead  :senile:

The remote control box is a real cracker Trevor and it will make setting up the servo's so much easier many thanks 

• Like 2

Update from Friday pm............A real WAZZZZZZER moment .........layout point servo's now working through the control panel with LEDS working  :sungum:  :sungum: .........now for the truth   :O

In the attempt to get things working I was to be honest having a :scared:  'nightmare' :scared:  ....all the wires were all hooked up and I just couldn't get anything to work. I was checking the megapoint board was in 'slave'mode and that the processor board was in 'master' mode but just nothing was happening.  During my lunch break at work on Friday (yes sad I know) I had a good read through the Megapoints manuals and once I got home and spent an hour watching Dave's instruction videos and suddenly I realised my stupid mistake........ the processor board that is situated in the control panel is the wrong way round this was done so the the connections were easy to wire up and I didn't pick this up when I plugged the servo leads in ....once this was reversed all worked !!!!!!! Have to say that this is testimony to the 'bullet' proof make up of this system as I'm sure that with some lesser systems I would be blown the boards big time.   :butcher:

Another great thing about the system is that if you have wired any servo's the wrong way round direction wise it's just a matter of reversing the movement during programming which saves having to change any wiring !! So it looks as through I can get the boards of their backs this week and get the throw of the turnouts adjusted and hopefully trains will be running ........watch this space :sungum:

• Like 4