Revolution Trains proposes Class 92 in N

Revolution Ben

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, does anyone know what the lights will be like on the Caledonian Sleeper version, will it only have one headlight in day/night mode and no marker lights as these are also the tail lights or do these light up too?

On 14/05/2019 at 03:54, Ben A said:

Hi Simon,

Yes, we are finalising the PO to give to Rapido - and adding the retailer orders -, then the factory will begin production.

I don't know how long production will take though.  The Pendolinos took around 6 months IIRC, but then with 1200 trains that's 12000 cars.   There are significantly fewer 92s to make, and the matrix is a good deal simpler too, as there aren't lots of cars to be married up to specific sets etc, and the packaging is simpler too.

I am hoping the models will be here sometime in Autumn, but this is just an estimate!  As ever, we will post any production pics Rapido sent us online, either here with permission, on Facebook or on our website.

cheers

Ben A.

15 minutes ago, Steven B said:

How long do you expect production to take?

Steven B.

Ben's already answered that a few posts up....HTH?

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump, but I am just excited and looking forward to the 92s :) I am so impressed with the Pendolinos.

I was never able to reach the heights of a CJM example, despite owning a vast Le Shuttle collection from him.

Despite living in Kent, and the frequency of 92s passing through Dollands Moor, they continue to successfully evade my photographic capture.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lucazone said:

Sorry to bump, but I am just excited and looking forward to the 92s :) I am so impressed with the Pendolinos.

I was never able to reach the heights of a CJM example, despite owning a vast Le Shuttle collection from him.

Despite living in Kent, and the frequency of 92s passing through Dollands Moor, they continue to successfully evade my photographic capture.

Sadly, there aren't that many Class 92s working through Kent, apart from at night on HS1. 

• RMweb Premium

Which is exactly what Lucazone says!

It's a fair comment though, other than a handful of trains up HS1 the DBC ones aren't doing all that much, IIRC they no longer have the relevant permissions to use them off HS1, so they're not trundling up the classic lines anymore.

Edited by njee20

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello all,

The 92s are in production.  I don't know how long this number of locomotives *should* take to produce since we haven't done a loco before - only a large scale EMU and wagons.

I know Rapido have operatives in China at the moment and I am waiting for an update on the 92s - if there is anything germane to report we will.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

As per the latest newsletter, RevolutioN Trains have received production samples of the Class 92.

I wonder if we'll get a look at them before Christmas? I've been good this year...promise!

Anyway...Merry Christmas to Ben and Mike. Looking forward to catching a glimpse of the Class 92s soon and I cannot wait to get the two I have or order.

Cheers!

I am led to believe that its Next18, but as I've ordered sound fitted ones, it's a moot point for me.

E.g, I have 4 Sound equipped Pendolinos and I've not had the body off any of them to poke the decoder.

Regards,

John P

On 25/12/2019 at 22:00, MGR Hooper! said:

From their latest newsletter...

These are apparently "decoration samples". Not sure if that's the same as a "production sample". But they look lovely.

0AA46178-A95A-4C43-B729-0B52720A7798-1024x323.jpeg.966f1041efbac9e999d6625460cac7c2.jpeg

DA96C142-662A-48AC-9C29-561E906B3807-1024x690.jpeg.1101d687d80c413b35e697b2b1e45c50.jpeg

CAD67713-3C39-4808-AB2A-FBAF87BF46DF-1024x341.jpeg.6a977ed5583383d21891de0dd3363c71.jpeg

OK so I missed this completely when I got my newsletter and wondered what was going on.

Then I realised that these pictures are NOT in the latest newsletter, at least not in the one I received December 12th. BUT they are the latest "News" entry on the Revolution Website.

Mystery solved.

John P

• RMweb Premium

The spec on the website says Next 18. The Pendolinos are 6-pin FWIW, with ESU Loksound v4 decoders.

I don’t know what’s being fitted to the 92, although there are Next 18 variants of both the Loksound v4 and v5.