Class 22, Warships and Westerns ?

Andrew P

Does this match Peter?

https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/571957221410315556/

Phil

Just picked-up this thread again Phil. When I saw it, it would've been sometime in the summer hols when I was on a railrover.

My abiding memory of Falcon is standing next to her at Bristol TM eating spam sandwiches, as she departed westwards in a cloud of exhaust.

Slightly off track, but I was watching something on You Tube and it showed one of the original NBL Warships (D6XX) arriving at Paddington with the Cornish Riviera. In the background was a Blue Pullman.

Thought the D6XXs had finished top flight services by then, or was it a few years later they were banished to west of Newton Abbot?

Slightly off track, but I was watching something on You Tube and it showed one of the original NBL Warships (D6XX) arriving at Paddington with the Cornish Riviera. In the background was a Blue Pullman.

Thought the D6XXs had finished top flight services by then, or was it a few years later they were banished to west of Newton Abbot?

The WR BP was introduced in 1960 and the D600s were still working out of Padd until mid '62, when all five were restricted to duties west of Newton Abbott.

• RMweb Gold

Just picked-up this thread again Phil. When I saw it, it would've been sometime in the summer hols when I was on a railrover.

My abiding memory of Falcon is standing next to her at Bristol TM eating spam sandwiches, as she departed westwards in a cloud of exhaust.

You were there too Peter ? 68-70 for me.....

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Falcon ate spam sandwiches?  No wonder the exhaust was cloudy...

Nurse, he's out of bed again,,,

• RMweb Premium

I recall Falcon arriving at Temple Meads and the spotters fingering the cast metal bird on its side. "Watch out, he bites!" called the driver as he stepped down from the cab.

Archived