Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

There is some merit in that Andy. I am a sucker for diesel hydraulics which are difficult to explain on an ex GER branch. They did make very occasional trips into the region but I am stretching things a bit far! That's the the beauty of model railways -our ability to distort history plausibly.

Paul R

Rule 1 Paul. :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

Class 15...... :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Ah, go Andy you know you want to model a nice GER layout. :sungum: :sungum:

Following last nights PMs the Clayton tuned up hauling a Leeds Central to Sheffield Exchange parcels. :scared:

Clive,

I think you might have mis typed. W is right next to E on the keyboard!!!!!

Paul.

Well Todays running session went better than expected, so whilst I'm waiting for some Points to finish BritVics Fiddle Yard, I may make a start tomorrow on the BS Point Motors, I just need to work out where to put the Lever Frame first.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Clive,

I think you might have mis typed. W is right next to E on the keyboard!!!!!

Paul.

Hi Paul

No error in my typing,. As much as I try when typing w with  g and a r this happens ........G*R .........as you can tell I have a self censoring keyboard.

It is OK with GNR, GER and even GCR but will not let me type G*R :this:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well a very pleasant afternoon, and then I woke up, haha, and then went outside, and I've spent the best part of 2 Hours Shunting BS with the Hudswell Clark and the Green 08 using the Card system. I'm now seriously contemplating a Peckett having looked at  Pecketts on Parade /  ://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/108728-pecketts-on-parade/ , and seen some superb weathering, they weather up into such a nice little industrial Loco, and ideal for BS, but I think I may need to sell the Blue 08 to fund it, as I've got the Minerva Pannier coming as well in a few Months.

I feel something small and Welsh coming on :O . :nono:  :nono: :nono:  

It's only Money I keep telling myself. :sungum:

EDIT = The Camera Batteries were flat, so no pics

Hi Andy,

The Peckett is a lovely model.  I had one of the Kerr Stuart's on order, but cancelled it because of other requirements on the diesel fleet at the time, but still looking to get one.  But the Peckett I've got here is superb, and I have to say Paul's sound on it, is one of the most realistic steam DCC sounds I've ever heard.  I really took some convincing that it would be decent, as I'm not a fan of DCC Sound on steam, the 'chuff' (excuse the expression) never seems right.  But on the Peckett it is exemplary and I'm certainly a proud owner!

Rich

• Like 2

Hi Andy

No photos. The junk table layout is not in a fit state to be photographed  :no2:  :no2:

It is actually very clean and tidy Clive, but with flat batteries and no scenic's on the baseboards I wasn't going to panic. I will however do some later.

Hi Andy,

The Peckett is a lovely model.  I had one of the Kerr Stuart's on order, but cancelled it because of other requirements on the diesel fleet at the time, but still looking to get one.  But the Peckett I've got here is superb, and I have to say Paul's sound on it, is one of the most realistic steam DCC sounds I've ever heard.  I really took some convincing that it would be decent, as I'm not a fan of DCC Sound on steam, the 'chuff' (excuse the expression) never seems right.  But on the Peckett it is exemplary and I'm certainly a proud owner!

Rich

Sounds tempting Rich, as I said earlier, it's only money, hahhaha

• RMweb Premium

Well Todays running session went better than expected, so whilst I'm waiting for some Points to finish BritVics Fiddle Yard, I may make a start tomorrow on the BS Point Motors, I just need to work out where to put the Lever Frame first.

Well everyone knows Britvics was based in Chelmsford.......well into ER territory........you had better change it to R.Whites yard  :jester:

• RMweb Premium

Well everyone knows Britvics was based in Chelmsford.......well into ER territory........you had better change it to R.Whites yard  :jester:

Britvics is being pulled down as I type this. :cry: There has been some debate about the clock tower, it is considered by some locals a land mark. No idea what they are going to do with it as i have lost the will to keep up with the goings on in my own city.

• RMweb Premium

I really took some convincing that it would be decent, as I'm not a fan of DCC Sound on steam, the 'chuff' (excuse the expression) never seems right.  But on the Peckett it is exemplary and I'm certainly a proud owner!

Rich

The "duff" steam sounds produced by DCC in the past had me avoiding kettles completely, that is until very recently.......some of the newer projects/chips/speaker set-ups are producing very convincing sounds, so much so my roster is swaying from BR Blue to late kettle operation, but not abandoning dirty diesels altogether, that would be a step too far!  :no:

• Like 3

Britvics is being pulled down as I type this. :cry: There has been some debate about the clock tower, it is considered by some locals a land mark. No idea what they are going to do with it as i have lost the will to keep up with the goings on in my own city.

Sounds like you WANT to move then mate.

Welsh Narrow Gauge here we come for Essex Man, hahhaha

• RMweb Premium

Indeed, just a housing estate around the former factory area now.......but how they could not keep the clock tower beats me, it was always the first landmark you past coming into Chelmsford on the A12 (old), I am sure they could find a volunteer to wind it up once a week  :imsohappy:

• Like 2

The "duff" steam sounds produced by DCC in the past had me avoiding kettles completely, that is until very recently.......some of the newer projects/chips/speaker set-ups are producing very convincing sounds, so much so my roster is swaying from BR Blue to late kettle operation, but not abandoning dirty diesels altogether, that would be a step too far!  :no:

I've gone the other way on BrtVic, It was going to be Steam / Green Diesel Transsion, hence the Turntable, but then I went full early Diesels, the got the Blues out and that's probably where I'll stay. I still have about 13 Howes Steam Sound fitted Locos in the Draw that I need to either dispose of or use soon. 

O.K. So back on Topic with Beale Street, the heater is on in the Old Potting Shed, well it has been for about half an hour or so now, so I'm off out there now to have a look at fitting some Point Motors, and taking some pics for up-loading later when I stop for coffee at 11.

• Like 4

Today has been spent wiring the Point Motors, I've used Peco above Baseboard Motors, as it's only a Scenic plank for home and they will be disguised with Ballast, Weeds and general clutter. The Lever Frame is also from the Peco Stable and with have a Grass bank built up around it to help conceal it.

post-9335-0-25435400-1485808360_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-04844400-1485808394_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-01254400-1485808427_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Those point motors don't look too obtrusive against an 0 gauge point - probably not that much out of scale. Does anybody do a scale dummy that would fit over ? Not up on current 0 gauge goings-on !

How about a small, open backed, signal box over the lever frame ?

• Like 4