Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

The name Berry Wiggins rings a bell. I think we used to deliver to them beside the Manchester Ship Canal, Salford, in the late 1950's. The Gunpowder van is a very neat model. I wouldn't have dream't of buying one except that when I think of Carrog I always remember such a van in the yard.

I think a gunpowder van would be appropriate for mid-Wales, given Cookes factory at Penrhyndeudreuth and the many quarries in the area.  For some reason I remember seeing gunpowder vans at Penrhyndeudreuth in the 1950s with a white diamond marker on the sides.  Or was I imagining it?

Paul

Yes the GP Van will make a nice addition, and would be used to feed the Quarries I would imagine. NICE. ............BANG! :O  :scared:

• RMweb Premium

Morning Andy.

Now that you're "corrupting" me, I do have a look on here - more so than the few other threads I glance at.

Especially interesting with some track plans.

Keep up the good work!

Jeff

Morning Andy.

Now that you're "corrupting" me, I do have a look on here - more so than the few other threads I glance at.

Especially interesting with some track plans.

Keep up the good work!

Jeff

Hi Jeff, Thanks for the posting and comments, I hope your having a good break in Cumbria, and the great work your doing on the Station Building, very nice mate.

Here is a link to an unedited series of films with no sound using footage shot at Cookes in the 1950s.  A fascinating glimpse into life back then.  The location is now an industrial estate adjacent to the Cambrian Main Line, but no longer any sidings.

Paul

PS I just tested the link but it doesn't work in France - so-called rights issues!

Edited by Focalplane
  • Like 1

Your right mate, that's almost it now, just want a Berry Wiggins Tank and the Brake Van from your good self and I'm sorted.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha you can have MY YOUR MY YOUR Brake van....+`

Here is a link to an unedited series of films with no sound using footage shot at Cookes in the 1950s.  A fascinating glimpse into life back then.  The location is now an industrial estate adjacent to the Cambrian Main Line, but no longer any sidings.

Paul

PS I just tested the link but it doesn't work in France - so-called rights issues!

Hahah, You wouldn't get today's UOOFS man handling boxes and doing manual works like that without trollies, gloves, goggles, ear defenders etc.

Very good Paul.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha you can have MY YOUR MY YOUR Brake van....+`

Remember, we share things like brothers, hahahha what mine is mine and whats yours is our's, hahah, :no: back half's mine with the Guard in, hahah :sungum:

Paul

What an absolute gem of a film. Can't wait for our Gunpowder Vans to arrive. 

• Like 1

Wot u mean this van which took me hours to build from a Slaters, bits missin' old kit and you added a guard from Blackpool, well he got so dizzy from going back a fourth he FELL out never to be seen again Hahahahaha, only joking mate he's still there, l will post it down to you next week OK, sorry you can't have the tanker.... l guess same Mates rates apply ? Hahahahaha...

post-7716-0-74339600-1521821119_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Wot u mean this van which took me hours to build from a Slaters, bits missin' old kit and you added a guard from Blackpool, well he got so dizzy from going back a fourth he FELL out never to be seen again Hahahahaha, only joking mate he's still there, l will post it down to you next week OK, sorry you can't have the tanker.... l guess same Mates rates apply ? Hahahahaha...

No rush buddy, wait till you come down after Easter or I come up.

I need to build the New Section first.

• Like 1

After a chat on the dog and bone this morning with Chris (81A Oldoak) Klein, I had a measure up and play with some more ideas. 

In order to shorten the overall size, to a more manageable 12 ft and also to enable me to store the two halves under KM, and without removing the extra 4 ft Fiddle Yard, I've had a look at compressing it all onto just two boards, without the add on Fiddle Yard.

It means the run in is shorter.

I lose a couple of Sidings.

The Headshunt is gone.

But the Platform can have a nice meaningful curve to it, and the whole thing looks less cluttered, and only 4 points instead of 6.

The Dairy will need to be accessed from the Fiddle Yard, but I can live with that.

If I go for this, the current PS as see previously will need to be moved on.

post-9335-0-43478700-1521834813_thumb.png

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 13

After a chat on the dog and bone this morning with Chris (81A Oldoak) Klein, I had a measure up and play with some more ideas. 

In order to shorten the overall size, to a more manageable 12 ft and also to enable me to store the two halves under KM, and without removing the extra 4 ft Fiddle Yard, I've had a look at compressing it all onto just two boards, without the add on Fiddle Yard.

It means the run in is shorter.

I lose a couple of Sidings.

The Headshunt is gone.

But the Platform can have a nice meaningful curve to it, and the whole thing looks less cluttered, and only 4 points instead of 6.

The Dairy will need to be accessed from the Fiddle Yard, but I can live with that.

If I go for this, the current PS as see previously will need to be moved on.

attachicon.gifExt 3 - Copy.png

:scratchhead:

Fold out flap beyond the level crossing to take your longest loco?

Gives you that length back for the station area.

• Like 1

:scratchhead:

Fold out flap beyond the level crossing to take your longest loco?

Gives you that length back for the station area.

Nice idea Mick, The L/C is the length of a 45XX Prairie Tank, (which I haven't got yet) and then the Point is about 18 inches, so I lose about 2 ft 6 inches from the end. 

Chris, the Mink in the Photo above has GUNPOWDER on it, does yours?

I'd rather have Gunpowder on the outside than inside mate !

Michael Caine

( You're only supposed to blow the bleedy doors off ! )

I like the look of this new plan Andy excellent 

Thanks Martin, until I can get the top of the New Board cut, I won't know which way up it will go to fit in underneath, then I can do some final plans.

Actually, it was in the Kings Moreton thread.

Thanks Mick, If I had a Brain I would be lethal, hahha, :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:

I'd rather have Gunpowder on the outside than inside mate !

Michael Caine

( You're only supposed to blow the bleedy doors off ! )

BANG :O                  whoops. :no:

Looking good with the track plan. Not dissimilar to my 00 plan. Can you squeeze a two coach train in there?

Thanks Scott, it's also a bit mirror image of Trebudoc, so not to bad at all.

Yes I can get two coaches in quite easily, they are 17.5 inches long each, and I will gave about 4.5 ft from point to point.

Edited by Andrew P