Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

Very nice !  Pair of those with a 64xx sandwiched between would look lovely !

The more I follow this thread,(and Pauls ELJ) the more I am hankering to get on with my own 0 gauge project ! Got stuff to to get going with but nowhere to put it at the mo !

Don't forget Andi, my original Penybont Sidings was only 6ft x 15 inches and I had an awful lot of fun shunting with that.

Don't forget Andi, my original Penybont Sidings was only 6ft x 15 inches and I had an awful lot of fun shunting with that.

Yes, I could see the enjoyment being had ! 

My issue is more to do with still not having a house to put it in ! All my available space is taken up with boxes full of railway and house contents, awaiting a house move still !  We are investigating property number 3 now, having been let down twice !

Plenty of MoJo - most of it being deployed on my slot car building exploits at the mo, as those are all I can get to !

Look whats coming from our Larry. :sungum:

attachicon.gifAutocoach.jpg

attachicon.gifAutocoach 1.jpg

Well I'll be bug damned, I've been searching for the early crest fully lined GW version since last December, having missed out on one at the Reading Show ( by 2 minutes ! ) and been unable to get one until this morning, that particular version having now been discontinued, for now at least.  Trawled through Tinternet on a whim and found a model shop that had one still in original box and being sold at trade price to "get rid of it" !!!  

Result or what ?

Look forward to seeing that appear here Andy, enjoy !

Grahame 

Well I'll be bug damned, I've been searching for the early crest fully lined GW version since last December, having missed out on one at the Reading Show ( by 2 minutes ! ) and been unable to get one until this morning, that particular version having now been discontinued, for now at least.  Trawled through Tinternet on a whim and found a model shop that had one still in original box and being sold at trade price to "get rid of it" !!!  

Result or what ?

Look forward to seeing that appear here Andy, enjoy !

Grahame 

Hi Grahame, glad you got one mate, I hadn't even considered one until Larry mentioned it earlier, but yes it's nice.

• Like 1

That 64xx looks the biz in lined green mate, very envious should look great with Larry's coach..

Yes George, and there at such silly money, I ordered mine from Tutbury, but it's the same price as at Tower Models, and I have a 21 pin Sound Chip ready to send away for a Re-blow.

I'll get it done by SWD as I had one of their Chips in my Bachmann Brassworks Pannier, and it will be different to my Minerva one, I also have a spare Bass Speaker ready for it as well..

• Like 4

I've been dropping hints about the 64XX to my friend (whose Autocoach I have been doing the interior on) but he wants to hang on for the 14XX/48XX later this year.

John

Not sure I fancy a 14XX / 48XX. My next Baby should be the 45XX and then THAT'S IT, :O NO MORE PURCHASES, :no:  :no: well maybe a Minerva 57XX later on. :sungum:

• Like 1

Sure Andy, you can try to convince yourself of that.  The problem is that you do GWR and models for that are coming thick and fast.  I don't do GWR so I'm waiting for other crumbs to fall.  The only thing for me in the future is the Lionheart 3MT.

John

• Like 1

Sure Andy, you can try to convince yourself of that.  The problem is that you do GWR and models for that are coming thick and fast.  I don't do GWR so I'm waiting for other crumbs to fall.  The only thing for me in the future is the Lionheart 3MT.

John

OOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :sungum:

:nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:

So in the last few days I've had various discussions with ''O'' Gauge members, most naa ALL  far knowledgeable than myself in the Senior Scale. And so I've finally cut the board to shape, and sorted the Track Plan.

Not only was I surprised to find the Plan fits, but also with the curved platform looks a lot bigger than it really is as well.

The Dairy will need to be ultra low relief with a canopy as I did with Pencarne and Porth Merryn.

It is likely that the Station Building will be built by George T of this Parish, (well that's the plan), as he has been pestering me for weeks to be alowed to do another Trebudoc style Building. 

post-9335-0-09615000-1522395312_thumb.png

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 15

Watching this very close Andy.  If I've done my sums right, the layout should be something like 14' 6" long.  Hmmmm.  :scratchhead:

John

Your good, :sungum: that's spot on John.

Not to big, but just big enough for a decent Platform, a run around loop and a decent Fiddle Yard, plus 3 Sidings as well. :yahoo:

Andy, you will have a neat little layout on which to watch your sound-fitted locos potter about their business or simply simmer while the footplate crews re-fill their brew cans. I found this was all I needed when I popped into the shed for an hour or so. To me, and some of my elderly modelling friends, it's about as close as we can get to having a time machine and revisiting old haunts.

Edited by coachmann
  • Like 6

Andy, you will have a neat little layout on which to watch your sound-fitted locos potter about their business or simply simmer while the footplate crews re-fill their brew cans. I found this was all I needed when I popped into the shed for an hour or so. To me, and some of my elderly modelling friends, it's about as close as we can get to having a time machine and revisiting old haunts.

Thanks Larry,

Just remembered, '''''''Water Tower, and Coaling Platform.

Looking good Andy, I suppose it will be finished over the Easter weekend!!!

Hi Alan, Yes it will indeed, today I hope to do the framework for the New Board, and more than HAPPY to note you didn't say WHICH EASTER, :O  hahha

Cheers mate. :sungum:

• Like 2

Hope everyone is having a Happy Easter?

Towyn has erupted, there are people everywhere :O  

Got into work this morning to find 5 vans had been delivered last night, so been running around like a headless chicken organising valeting, plates, other bits and pieces and photographing them all and listing them. And all this whilst dodging the happy tourists, without a care in the world, and no sense of direction!!!!

Three down, two to go!

David ;)

• Like 1

Got into work this morning to find 5 vans had been delivered last night, so been running around like a headless chicken organising valeting, plates, other bits and pieces and photographing them all and listing them. And all this whilst dodging the happy tourists, without a care in the world, and no sense of direction!!!!

Three down, two to go!

We could tell by the traffic arriving yesterday! Drivers on holiday and folk just trying to get on with their daily routines don't mix so we stay out of the way. Might visit Llangollen over the weekend though.

Edited by coachmann
  • Like 3

Three down, two to go!

David ;)

We used to get the same in Buckfastleigh, but having a shop, they were also a welcome income.

We could tell by the traffic arriving yesterday! Drivers on holiday and folk just trying to get on with their daily routines don't mix so we stay out of the way. Might visit Llangollen over the weekend though.

I wish I was down in 2 weeks as originally planned. When we come in November it's out of season, so all I see is the Poppy / Remembrance Train and next weekend / Bonfire Specials. Bala Lake is also closed so only Porthmadog / Festiniog worth seeing / NOT.

Enjoy Llangollen Larry, and don't forget to post some pickies for us far away people. I might get to Loughborough to the Great Central in a couple of weeks.

• Like 3

I like the look of this Andy. Sometimes I wish I had made Black Notley as small as this. I guess you will be needing one of these new Dapol 122's!

Paul R

Hi Paul, and thanks, No I won't be having a 122, there is no operational interest to me for that on the small Branch, I prefer the Loco Hauled for running around etc, now a Cl 22, that would be good.