Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

So to finish off the morning I've fitted the Backscene and had a tidy up, now it looks ready to make a start.

post-9335-0-55981000-1480600965_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-52468500-1480600979_thumb.jpg

But that didn't last long :O 

As I needed to start tidying the rest of the Shed. :sungum: 

post-9335-0-16685300-1480601056_thumb.jpg

And now the OO side is almost sorted as well so were moving in the right direction at least.

post-9335-0-69964200-1480601112_thumb.jpg

But DON'T look down, :O  :O 

post-9335-0-38464600-1480601256_thumb.jpg

I still have this lot to find a home for, I will be making some more shelves under the right hand end of Beale St that will take 2 Baseboards for small future projects, in the meantime the timber that I'll use on them will be stored under there out of the way.

• Like 9

So to finish off the morning I've fitted the Backscene and had a tidy up, now it looks ready to make a start.

attachicon.gifBackscene 1 001.JPG

attachicon.gifBackscene 1 002.JPG

Looks like you've broken that 08 already!

attachicon.gifBackscene 1 003.JPG

And now the OO side is almost sorted as well so were moving in the right direction at least.

attachicon.gifBackscene 1 004.JPG

attachicon.gifBackscene 1 005.JPG

I still have this lot to find a home for, I will be making some more shelves under the right hand end of Beale St that will take 2 Baseboards for small future projects, in the meantime the timber that I'll use on them will be stored under there out of the way.

Looks like you've broken that 08 already!

No Tony, It's wired with the Sound Chip but waiting for the Speaker to arrive from Jintyman, I have ordered 3 for the 3 08's although I will leave Pauiebanger's in the Black one because it's nice and will sound different to the next one, I also have a couple of BIG Speakers coming for the Class 25, although I'll only fit 1 to begin with and see how it sounds.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Andy you need to get the track down quick or else the baseboard becomes a worksurface/shelf. Mine have other baseboards on top then other bits and pieces stacked boxes underneath, stacked cupboards in front, stuff for an en suite, kitchen hob, old kitchen doors all stuck in the front the whole lot covered in a tarpaulin in case the roof leaked. I may see them later in 2017 If I am lucky.

Don 

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

Really good progress made there! Glad to see/read that your water problems have resolved themselves .. Sorry reading that back, seems like it should have "just keep taking the pills!" Added on! Of course I was referring to the shed!

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this one. Wish I could find a bit more time - loads of track work to build for the loft layout and I'm part way through the point work for Marsh Lane of course, but I see your progress and become very envious!!! Lol! Damm work always gets in the way! ..... Now, where did I put that lottery ticket?

Rich

• Like 4

Andy you need to get the track down quick or else the baseboard becomes a worksurface/shelf. Mine have other baseboards on top then other bits and pieces stacked boxes underneath, stacked cupboards in front, stuff for an en suite, kitchen hob, old kitchen doors all stuck in the front the whole lot covered in a tarpaulin in case the roof leaked. I may see them later in 2017 If I am lucky.

Don 

Hi Don, wow mate, I feel for you, I've made a start this afternoon by making the Shelves and so tomorrow I can have a FINAL CLEAN UP of the whole Shed.

You need to either put your foot down and move them elsewhere or get a builder in to speed up getting your room back mate

Hi Andy,

Really good progress made there! Glad to see/read that your water problems have resolved themselves .. Sorry reading that back, seems like it should have "just keep taking the pills!" Added on! Of course I was referring to the shed!

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this one. Wish I could find a bit more time - loads of track work to build for the loft layout and I'm part way through the point work for Marsh Lane of course, but I see your progress and become very envious!!! Lol! Damm work always gets in the way! ..... Now, where did I put that lottery ticket?

Rich

Hi Rich, I think the Shed is now sorted but I really won't know until it rains really hard, but in the meantime I'm getting on with things and hope I can start laying some Track soon.

Keep plodding along mate, you will do a fine job, of that I'm sure.

Wow Andy you have been a busy boy ........ can't believe you've got  Three 08's...... you cornering the market mate there won't be any left for me :onthequiet:

:boast: Well the canvas is prepared let's get painting  :boast:

Looking forward to seeing what develops in the old potting shed though I'm sure you could get something along the top end of the shed ...space of an 'N' gauge maybe  :jester:

• Like 2

Wow Andy you have been a busy boy ........ can't believe you've got  Three 08's...... you cornering the market mate there won't be any left for me :onthequiet:

:boast: Well the canvas is prepared let's get painting  :boast:

Looking forward to seeing what develops in the old potting shed though I'm sure you could get something along the top end of the shed ...space of an 'N' gauge maybe  :jester:

Welsh Narrow Gauge?????  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :sungum:  :no:  :onthequiet:  :triniti:  :triniti:

Mmmmmmmmm seem to remember you said that about 0 gauge  :sungum:  :no:  :onthequiet:  :triniti:  :triniti:

I did indeed, that was before the Welsh Mafia got hold of me, hahah that Jintyman and Muddys-Blues have a LOT to answer for, :O  especially if my Missis finds out that I'm doing O Gauge again, good job she NEVER goes out into the Shed, It's just the BIG BIG and BIGGER Boxes that keep arriving. hahah :no:

The sight of a fresh untouched  baseboard gives me a giddy child like feeling inside lol

Brian

I agree Brian, It would be a shame to SPOIL them by nailing Track down and drilling holes in it for wires etc.

Might just leave it as bare board and stand the Locos on top for display.

The thought of a fresh start and a new plan

I can't wait to get mine started lol

Brian

You mean YOU'VE GOT A PLAN :O  wow man, that's something I must try one day, :no:  :no:  :no: hahha.

I'm still looking for and at ideas. :sungum:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

You mean YOU'VE GOT A PLAN :O  wow man, that's something I must try one day, :no:  :no:  :no: hahha.

I think I'm lucky ,there's only one place I've wanted to model all my other layouts have been distractions,so I decided to scrap my last layout change scale to 00 and do the place I've always wanted to do ,I've managed to talk the mrs into getting rid of some crap out of the loft so I can use the full loft round edges

I should be able to make a start after Christmas

Sorry for going off topic mate lol

Brian

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I did indeed, that was before the Welsh Mafia got hold of me, hahah that Jintyman and Muddys-Blues have a LOT to answer for, :O especially if my Missis finds out that I'm doing O Gauge again, good job she NEVER goes out into the Shed, It's just the BIG BIG and BIGGER Boxes that keep arriving. hahah :no:

Quite agree Andy, Minty Jinty has been a great help to me, but also responsible for several decisions, especially after seeing his track laying, it was inspirational. Given my spell checker doesn't like LMS shutters, could I suggest we adapt that nickname to the Welsh Minty Mafia :)

As for the BIG and BIGGER boxes ... Have you thought of a side delivery door - ie the trades mans entrance, with shute that pushes all incoming arrivals directly into the shed and out of sight :) The SWMBO would be less likely to see them .. Problem solved! One friend of mine suggested the easier way was to simply get rid of SWMBO, but I responded by saying something about cutting off ones nose to spite ones face! He is single however! :) Haha

Rich

Edited by MarshLane
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I see your Potting Shed is getting like my Engine Shed!  Cheers, Peter

Hi guys, YES it really has just gone 3am, and it's a when plans are going around in the Old Grey Matter. Dee was in pain with her Fibromyalgia and Arthritis and couldn't sleep so we decided to have a cup of tea and a bit of cake, I don't think it'll help, but I'm enjoying it anyway.

Off to have a look and see who else is up at this unsociable hour.

• RMweb Gold

My commiserations to Dee Andy. You probably need to plan the layout using some turnouts and stock. I expect you having got you eye in as to what will fit as you have with 00. I have no doubt you will come up with a good result.

Don

You mean YOU'VE GOT A PLAN :O wow man, that's something I must try one day, :no: :no: :no: hahha.

Lol with all the layouts you've built and planned I'm sure you've still got plenty left for one more lol

Brian

• Like 1