Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

Well I DO have a TRACK PLAN. :sungum:  :sungum: :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:  

6 Sidings;

Warehouse,

General Siding,

End Loading Dock,

Dairy

Oil,

Coal,

Plus a Departure Road for making up Trains for departure and storing the Brake Van.

post-9335-0-21532500-1480686302_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-34967300-1480686334_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-43998000-1480686354_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-91128300-1480686378_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

I've fitted the Speaker from Jinty into the Blue 08, and its added another wonderful dimension to the Sound Range of Paul's superb Protodrive Chip. The sound is definitely deeper and it almost made the Baseboards shake, a real rumble in the Jungle, I will try and do a Video up at George's tomorrow.

• Like 3

I've fitted the Speaker from Jinty into the Blue 08, and its added another wonderful dimension to the Sound Range of Paul's superb Protodrive Chip. The sound is definitely deeper and it almost made the Baseboards shake, a real rumble in the Jungle, I will try and do a Video up at George's tomorrow.

l'd better tidy up then....Hahahahahaha

Just had a look and I may be able to use another Point to feed the Departure Siding rather than bringing it directly off the Fiddle Yard, I will re look at both options when I actually start to nail things down. I think this option looks a lot neater for a Goods Yard, but the Jury's still out.

post-9335-0-93553800-1480695722_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Well I DO have a TRACK PLAN. :sungum:  :sungum: :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:  

6 Sidings;

Warehouse,

General Siding,

End Loading Dock,

Dairy

Oil,

Coal,

Plus a Departure Road for making up Trains for departure and storing the Brake Van.

attachicon.gifTrack Plan 1 005 - Copy.JPG

attachicon.gifTrack Plan 1 001 - Copy.JPG

attachicon.gifTrack Plan 1 003 - Copy.JPG

attachicon.gifTrack Plan 1 004 - Copy.JPG

Track plan looks OK but there's still a lot of track, l would remove the departure line to add some green stuff or a building of some sort, just a thought Mate...as its a small yard l think they would shunt on other tracks for departure ?....

• Like 1

Track plan looks OK but there's still a lot of track, l would remove the departure line to add some green stuff or a building of some sort, just a thought Mate...as its a small yard l think they would shunt on other tracks for departure ?....

I was going to move it over and squeeze another in from the F/Y, but the Yard does need a departure siding I would have though, it'll be interesting to see what others think, but then you know me, if a see a bit of bare timber then it NEEDS covering with Track, (Pencarne was the exception to MY rule), hahha.

• RMweb Gold

I've also tidied up the Work Bench.

attachicon.gifTrack Plan 2 002.JPG

attachicon.gifTrack Plan 2 003.JPG

Your making me VERY envious now Andy!  Oh for the space of a workshop like that!  Very nice ... does it stay that tidy for long?

Like the plans for the layout, quite spacious and not cluttered.

Rich

Your making me VERY envious now Andy!  Oh for the space of a workshop like that!  Very nice ... does it stay that tidy for long?

Rich

Andy, that workbench is disgustingly tidy..............

It should be full of kit bits, tools, Humbrol paint tinlets, and just about anything else that you're likely to find on a railway modeller's workbench.

Glad you like the speakers, it will be nice to see what the 25 sounds like with Paul's sound in it.

Jinty ;)

• Like 1

Rich

NO is the answer, I'm normally a put it down where there's a flat surface, OR where it's unlikely to fall on the floor sort of person, the tidy bench is a rarity.

Andy, that workbench is disgustingly tidy..............

It should be full of kit bits, tools, Humbrol paint tinlets, and just about anything else that you're likely to find on a railway modeller's workbench.

Glad you like the speakers, it will be nice to see what the 25 sounds like with Paul's sound in it.

Jinty ;)

I cant afford such stuff mate, I wish I had room for all the Tools you have in your Den, with things like Vertical Drills and Grinders etc. Mind you I wouldn't know what to do with them anyway.

• Like 1

Does he even model :scratchhead:  :jester:

Hat,coat,gone

Brian

Good evening Brian, I've said many times, I'm NOT a modeller, I build and BODGE Model Railway Layouts that give me a lot of pleasure, and also to others it seems too, but I can't make Buildings or build Brass Kits so NO, I'm definitely NOT A MODELLER mate.

Having said that I intend to do all the Buildings on Beale St as I need to learn some new skills, and the only way to learn is to practice, they may not be perfect, accurate or authentic, but they will be mine.

• Like 3

Your a modeller to me mate ,you model a scene be it ready to plonk or what ever you use it's still modelling

Brian

I should have said "is that even used lol"

Edited by bri.s

• RMweb Gold

Good evening Brian, I've said many times, I'm NOT a modeller, I build and BODGE Model Railway Layouts that give me a lot of pleasure, and also to others it seems too, but I can't make Buildings or build Brass Kits so NO, I'm definitely NOT A MODELLER mate.

Having said that I intend to do all the Buildings on Beale St as I need to learn some new skills, and the only way to learn is to practice, they may not be perfect, accurate or authentic, but they will be mine.

You do yourself a great disservice there mate, you are brilliant at creating a believable scene, with great detail and fantastic scenery, and your weathering skills are superb.

Really looking forward to you having a go at your own buildings on Beale St though, I'm sure they will be great.

Al.

You do yourself a great disservice there mate, you are brilliant at creating a believable scene, with great detail and fantastic scenery, and your weathering skills are superb.

Really looking forward to you having a go at your own buildings on Beale St though, I'm sure they will be great.

Al.

Think Al's got it spot on

Brian

Cheers Guys, It's getting embarrassing now, I won't be able to show my face in Public at the Manchester Show tomorrow without fear of being mobbed for my Autograph, and don't even mention the queues outside Weatherspoons in the morning. :no:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

O.K. A serious question; The departure siding, should it stay or should it go?

It'll never make a good song lyric!   :jester:

Whether it stays or whether it goes, its your layout and you'll make an excellent job of it.

O.K. A serious question; The departure siding, should it stay or should it go?

IMHO, if you are assembling or dissembling a train you need a siding to do it in.  If you have room for both then so much the better but I expect a dual use siding would suffice.

Regards,

Brian.

PS My post above was sent without seeing your post # 195.  Apologies for any further embarassment caused.

• Like 1