National Collection in Miniature Dean Goods Class No 2516

LocomotionatShildon

• RMweb Gold

Has anyone received their's yet?

Good question and the answer being mine ordered August 2 last ( payment taken ) and no communication other than the general email advising those who have expressed an interest to get in touch received last Thursday to which I refer above.Nothing about pre paid orders. I sent a copy of mine to Shildon this morning as a reminder with a request for a despatch email.I await a reply.Will post if I get one.Had to check my cc records back to see if I actually had paid,it being now six months ago.Fortunately ,I had.

• RMweb Gold

Good question and the answer being mine ordered August 2 last ( payment taken ) and no communication other than the general email advising those who have expressed an interest to get in touch received last Thursday to which I refer above.Nothing about pre paid orders. I sent a copy of mine to Shildon this morning as a reminder with a request for a despatch email.I await a reply.Will post if I get one.Had to check my cc records back to see if I actually had paid,it being now six months ago.Fortunately ,I had.

Sorry correction,It indeed does refer to prepaid orders

• RMweb Gold

This is beautifully presented,sitting in its now customary clear plastic cradle within a foam lined wood presentation box with accompanying instructions and attractive illustrated booklet prepared by Locomotion/NRM.

2516 is finished in Great Western gloss (Locomotion speciality ) green and is a altogether a handsome model with much fine detail over which I am currently drooling.

Let's just say that I am happy and it is worth the wait.Well done Oxford,Brian and the guys at Locomotion and not forgetting Sandra who has moved on to pastures new but who still keeps popping up on occasion.

• Like 6

This is beautifully presented,sitting in its now customary clear plastic cradle within a foam lined wood presentation box with accompanying instructions and attractive illustrated booklet prepared by Locomotion/NRM.

2516 is finished in Great Western gloss (Locomotion speciality ) green and is a altogether a handsome model with much fine detail over which I am currently drooling.

Let's just say that I am happy and it is worth the wait.Well done Oxford,Brian and the guys at Locomotion and not forgetting Sandra who has moved on to pastures new but who still keeps popping up on occasion.

Hello Ian

Glad you are a happy bunny!  

San

Be interesting how the NRM version and the bog standard version (whenever it appears) compare when in the notionally same livery.

Keith

Website artwork shows it to be exactly the same minus the silver on the smokebox door and a green safety valve. It will be dull finish rather than gloss. 

Wow, came with a free laptop :sungum:

Does look very decent though.

Yes but Oxford have got the colour of the keyboard wrong and have added extra rivets round the letter A. Edited by rovex

A nice model, it looks enough to me like a Dean Goods to pass as one.  I particularly like that some of the finer details are quite secure and not easily broken.  It certain't makes me less anxious when it's upside down in it's locomotive cradle!  I do wish that they had painted the underside of the boiler green like the rest of the loco but other than that it's a pretty nice locomotive and I'm glad I've bought it.  It runs faultlessly so absolutely no qualms on that front and the box it comes is pretty special, I can see why they're pleased with it!

I look forward to the plain green one soon.

Edited by GWR8700
  • Like 1

Technically its BR Black. The GWR markings on the loco were only added for this particular railtour, the buffer beam numbers remained on afterwards but the smokebox plates were returned to white. There were 2 GWR lettered tenders at Oswestry at least, and 2354 shared 2516's appearance. 

Icidentally I'm trying to work out out what to do with mine. I thought I'd found a photo of it in this livery (but dirty) at Oswestry with a Parallel chimney, and was going to run with that - till I found a photo taken the same time which shows it was in shirtbutton livery and with different tender frames. 

Technically its BR Black. The GWR markings on the loco were only added for this particular railtour, the buffer beam numbers remained on afterwards but the smokebox plates were returned to white. There were 2 GWR lettered tenders at Oswestry at least, and 2354 shared 2516's appearance. 

I am sure you're right.  As far as I can tell the date of the tour was 21 May 1955 and I suspect that the location is Cleobury Mortimer??