RMweb

Chris Nevards Brew st

Hi Steve, apologies for late reply, this pic shows the track plan for 'Shelfie'

https://albionyard.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/img_1188.jpg

There is also a bit on it in next months Hornby Mag too

brgds

Thanks for that. Seeing it like that really highlights how effective the scenery and backscene are. It looks really small in that photo!

Cheers

Steve

• RMweb Premium

For the scenery is was a bit too tight, so I added three inches depth to the back of the board, and another three at the head shunt end. Whilst that added to the head shunt, the underlying reason was to add scenic space.

Rgds

• Like 2

For the scenery is was a bit too tight, so I added three inches depth to the back of the board, and another three at the head shunt end. Whilst that added to the head shunt, the underlying reason was to add scenic space.

Rgds

Thanks for the reply. I really like the plan and I'm looking at how I could use the same plan but a different setting.

Steve.

• RMweb Premium

Chris' video is excellent, well worth watching!

What setting do you have in mind Steve? Paul Lunn and I used the track plan/footprint to do a couple of variations of it, we may have something you can use for further cogitation..

I've a few ideas but was mainly looking at an urban/suburban setting, mainly using small shunting locos but the occasional mainline visitor, trying not to be too specific about the era or location. I like that about your model, I've seen pics with steam and diesels and none look out of place.

Steve.

• 1 year later...

A bit late but........ I did start to build my version of "Brew Street" and even had a couple of engine running up and down it. However this didn't last too long as there was only a small number of moves you could make without getting board. The layout was put way and forgotten about until this afternoon while looking l for a set of points . I don't want to alter the size of the layout but do you think adding a sector plater would help improve the movement of wagons around the layout?

I suppose what I am asking is what side of the layout would you add a sector plate and what type should I use?

Regards

Johna

A bit late but........ I did start to build my version of "Brew Street" and even had a couple of engine running up and down it. However this didn't last too long as there was only a small number of moves you could make without getting board. The layout was put way and forgotten about until this afternoon while looking l for a set of points . I don't want to alter the size of the layout but do you think adding a sector plater would help improve the movement of wagons around the layout?

I suppose what I am asking is what side of the layout would you add a sector plate and what type should I use?

Regards

Johna

I guess the only place I look at a sector plate would be, looking at the overhead view in the first post, on the right hand side to make a run round loop although it would only be a small one.

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I know I’m resuscitating this thread after over two years but with not much else on, I had a flick through volume 7 of ‘How to Build a Model Railway’ at the weekend. I saw Brew Street, and I’ve been well and truly bitten by the micro layout bug! There’s a few boards in the garage that aren’t doing anything else, so I might see what I can do with a small baseboard, existing stock, some spare Peco code 75 and a vivid imagination...

645F3666-6FF3-43ED-A4A3-A2732BA81536.jpeg.18c94037744cbfee8f251afc1ed1b0dd.jpeg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, SVRlad said:

I had a flick through volume 7 of ‘How to Build a Model Railway’ at the weekend. I saw Brew Street, and I’ve been well and truly bitten by the micro layout bug!

Which sadly eBay isn’t awash with copies of, fancy a look myself! 

Ralf 

• RMweb Gold

Brew Street

Have a look at Chris Nevard's blog.....loads of inspiration and he does tend to detail his builds rather well. 

Tap the photo for the linky thing

Rob 

C7946ABB-632C-4D0E-96ED-DE318F35E95D.jpeg

54490ED9-0408-49CD-83A4-908E79B0F912.jpeg

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That’s strange Rob, my photos seem to have ended up in your post! 

I do notice however that Chris Nevard expanded Brew Street to accommodate the water features. Another one I liked was Brewhouse Quay - you could practically smell the hops and hear the water gushing against the quayside... :)

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, SVRlad said:

That’s strange Rob, my photos seem to have ended up in your post! 

I do notice however that Chris Nevard expanded Brew Street to accommodate the water features. Another one I liked was Brewhouse Quay - you could practically smell the hops and hear the water gushing against the quayside... :)

Not strange at all Liam. I am technically inept and would put this down to a sausage hoof in the wrong place. I can't be bothered amending it now.....

Rob. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

2 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Not strange at all Liam. I am technically inept and would put this down to a sausage hoof in the wrong place. I can't be bothered amending it now.....

Rob. 

No worries. :)

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Have a look at Chris Nevard's blog.....loads of inspiration and he does tend to detail his builds rather well. 

Superb attention to detail and is interpretation of filthy water is top notch too.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Have to agree. He is jolly clever. Very inspirational indeed. I shall keep trying........