If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hello from Scotland

Sean the Bob

Hi everyone, I've been a railway enthusiast ever since my days as a toddler watching Thomas the Tank Engine. I got my first model train set when I was 5, a Hornby Intercity 125 in Swallow livery no less. Ever since I've been slowly amassing a collection of 00-gauge locomotives, rolling stock and track over the years.

There have been a few times when I have thought up master plans for a permanent layout, however my collection has always ended up running around various bedroom floors! This all changed this year however, when I decided to finally make a proper layout after moving into my own flat. Fortunately my partner is very accommodating of the hobby and in fact has her own small N-gauge collection!

I found this forum whilst researching ideas for my layout and was thoroughly impressed by the scenes created and hope to learn a few things from the site!

• RMweb Premium

Welcome aboard, glad you could join us.

There's a lot of inspiration, knowledge and social chat here.  Some masters of the hobby (and the industry which supplies it) lurk behind the nicknames while many are inquisitive beginners.  Feel free to ask away and to join in.  Never be put off by the standards set by some here.  Every one of us was a beginner once and everyone has made mistakes along the way.  

And to have a partner not just empathetic but with her own N-gauge is a rare stroke of fortune indeed.  

Welcome to RMWeb Sean the Bob. If you haven't before, or don't know about it, make sure you visit Model Rail Scotland at the SECC at the end of February; Plenty of inspiration, and plenty of places to spend money !

Thank you all for the kind welcome, I hope to start a thread soon outlining my own progress on my layout!

Welcome to RMWeb Sean the Bob. If you haven't before, or don't know about it, make sure you visit Model Rail Scotland at the SECC at the end of February; Plenty of inspiration, and plenty of places to spend money !

I'm very aware of Model Rail Scotland, I think I've been there every year since I was in a pram! I actually went to the Falkirk model rail show for the first time this year, much smaller scale but also well worth a look for those north of the border.

Archived