RMweb

Comet 45xx Chassis

Brinkly

• RMweb Gold

Great news for anyone with a 45xx Bachmann loco as Comet have produced a new chassis for the body. I must admit that one of my chassis has always been a bit stiff and this might just be the answer!

From Comet site;

"We are pleased to announce our latest completely new chassis, LCP61, for the GWR 45xx small prairie tank. This chassis pack follows our current pattern of being etched in nickel silver, including balance weights and laminated brakes, is easy to build sprung, etc. Supplied with 00, EM or P4 spacers. Orders can be taken now for supply in early April."

http://www.cometmodels.co.uk/modules/viewnewspic.php?image=Lcp61s.jpg

Pirce £35

Regards,

Nick

Thats great news for us who have the old Lima models looking for a decent chassis....

....and you can't get more decent than the old Malcolm Mitchell-designed Churchward Models chassis kit, which is still available (and relatively cheaply!) from Modelex.

The full 45xx kit (again all Malcolm Mitchell) from Modelex is a bargain.

....and you can't get more decent than the old Malcolm Mitchell-designed Churchward Models chassis kit, which is still available (and relatively cheaply!) from Modelex.

Here in fact.. https://sslrelay.com/www.s116360366.oneandoneshop.co.uk/sess/utn154ba40f9b42e95/shopdata/0030_Churchward+Models/0015_4mm+kits/product_details.shopscript?article=0090_CML%3D26slash%3D3B1%2BChassis%2BKit%2B%3D28055%3D29

Have you built one though Horsetan? I assume this was his first kit before he did his own range so may not be as refined? Its certainly cheaper than the Mitchell 45xx now sold by David Geen..

• RMweb Gold

Didn't know you could get it from Modelex. I've just purchased a Malcolm Mitchell 45xx kit from someone whos going 7mm as it is perfect for my proposed layout!

Regards,

Nick

Didn't know you could get it from Modelex. ....

It has always been available from Modelex. ----> Click here

And it costs less than the price of the improved one that Malcolm later designed (and which can be had from David Geen). Only sixty quid for a Pendon-standard loco kit? Yes please!

• RMweb Gold

It has always been available from Modelex. ----> Click here

And it costs less than the price of the improved one that Malcolm later designed (and which can be had from David Geen). Only sixty quid for a Pendon-standard loco kit? Yes please!

So this model could be built as the 4575 variant?

Regards,

Nick

• RMweb Gold

So this model could be built as the 4575 variant?

Without opening your box of goodies, Nick, I'm not sure, but I rather think that it's the straight tank 45XX variant only.... (never mind, we can all have a good look tomorrow night! ;) )

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just a quick note to notify you all that the 45xx chassis, our reference LCP61, is now available from stock. It will be supplied with 00 spacers unless you specifically ask for EM or P4. Full details on our website.

Geoff

Cheers Geoff.

Archived