MMRG Warminster Show June 17 2017

queensquare

• RMweb Gold

The Mendip Model Railway Group are proud to present the first of what is hoped will become a biennial event

post-1074-0-79950000-1483351646_thumb.jpg

The Warminster Civic Centre is a bright, attractive venue situated in the centre of the town. There is ample parking adjacent to the venue and public transport, both bus and rail, are a few minutes level walk away.

The emphasis of the show is very much on modelling and the creative side of the hobby and layouts, traders and demonstrators have been selected with that in mind.

Layouts

Arun Quay 7mm

Gordon and Maggie Gravett's long anticipated successor to Pempoul will be making its first public appearance at the show as a work in progress (albeit nearing completion), in readiness for its debut at the Uckfield show in October.

Sydney Gardens 4mm OO

The perfect spot to watch the trains roll by, presented by The Park Keepers

Horselunges 4mm P4

Now owned by Dave Nicholson, this is a rare chance to see this beautiful little cameo layout.

St Blazey shed 2FS

Another section of John Greenwood's remarkable North Cornwall empire, populated with a selection of his stunning scratchbuilt locos.

Ashburton 2mm N

John Birkett-Smith's take on the the archetypal Great Western terminus sets it firmly in the Devon landscape, with stunning results.

Shelfie 4mm OO

Paul Marshall Potter will be bringing one of his beautifully crafted shelf layouts.

Valencia Harbour 4mm 21mm gauge

Andy Cundick presents the GSWR's remote terminus in County Kerry, the westernmost railhead in Europe and the point at which the Atlantic telegraph cable entered the sea.

Aldbourne 4mm 009

Adrian Ponting's Lynton and Barnstable inspired terminus

Leysdown 4mm P4

Adrian Colenutt with the terminus of the Sheppey Light Railway in the period between the wars.

Bishopsmead branch 4mm OO

Ted Olney and his team evoke the LMS Western division in the 1930s.

Fountain Colliery 4mm OO

Chris Nevard's latest masterpiece will be making its debut - a Forest of Dean colliery in its final years.

Heybridge Wharf 3mm 14.2mm gauge

Mike Corp's delightful 3mm Light Railway represents a fictitious inland wharf somewhere in rural Suffolk.

Traders

The Gas Cupboard

Wild Swan books

Mainline and Maritime books

Branchlines

South East Finecast

Finney 7

Laurie Griffin Miniatures

Greenscenes

You Choos DCC sound

MMRG pre-loved and shelf queen sale

Demonstrators

Barry Norman and Martyn Welch

Modelling in 7mm and S7

Gerry Beale

Maiden Newton in 4mm EM

Iain Rice

Cameo creations

Simon Castens

Modelling in Gauge One, Scale 1/32

Bristol P4 Group

Brunel's broad gauge in 4mm scale

Tony Hill

16mm narrow gauge modelling

The 2mm Scale Association and S Scale Society will also be represented.

Light refreshments, including tea, coffee and a selection of home made cakes and savouries from the MMRG support team will be available from Kim's Kitchen.

Further details of both the exhibition and the venue, including details of public transport will be added in the coming months

Jerry

Edited by queensquare
  • Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

This looks to be a great day out and well worth the trip.

Splendid combination of quality layouts and traders.

I shall be there.

Rob.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Less than a week to go now.

Iain Rice rang yesterday to confirm what he is bringing - Trerice, his Cornish China clay layout in static form to demonstrate lighting and display options as discussed in his latest Cameo book. He will also have a selection of Cameo designs and artwork from the book.

Most exciting for me is that the layout will be populated with locos and stock from his seminal P4 layout, the North Cornwall Mineral railway.

Hope to see lots of you next weekend, Jerry

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Less than a week to go now.

Iain Rice rang yesterday to confirm what he is bringing - Trerice, his Cornish China clay layout in static form to demonstrate lighting and display options as discussed in his latest Cameo book. He will also have a selection of Cameo designs and artwork from the book.

Most exciting for me is that the layout will be populated with locos and stock from his seminal P4 layout, the North Cornwall Mineral railway.

Hope to see lots of you next weekend, Jerry

This show is looking to be one of this years high lights. Really looking forward to it.

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm currently doing some refurbishment to "British Oak" so it can appear on the 2mm Scale Association stand without looking too scruffy.

Digging it out of storage has rekindled my interest in industrial & colliery railways.

Mark

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifIMG_3631.JPG

I'll have 'Shelfie' there, it too has variable color lighting balance, please ask if you want to see it's effect.

What a great view. Looking forward to seeing Shelfie and I wouldn't mind a chat about the lighting...

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

I've been looking to see if there are any roadworks on the M3, given it's part of one of the main routes to Warminster from London & the M25.

http://roads.highways.gov.uk/projects/m3-junctions-2-4a-smart-motorway/

The web site is not terribly clear but it looks like there aren't any closures on the day of the show.  Mostly overnight closures on weekdays.

Mark

• RMweb Gold

What a great view. Looking forward to seeing Shelfie and I wouldn't mind a chat about the lighting...

Rob.

You can only have the one chat.

Lighting never strikes twice....

• Like 1