MMRG Warminster Show June 17 2017

queensquare

• RMweb Gold

The half nearest the hall is council with long stay parking. There's a barrier down the middle so make sure you park in the correct part ;) I assume the show has some passes for exhibitors as they issued them at craft fairs for that car park in the past.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The half nearest the hall is council with long stay parking. There's a barrier down the middle so make sure you park in the correct part ;) I assume the show has some passes for exhibitors as they issued them at craft fairs for that car park in the past.

No passes, it's pay and display. We will reimburse exhibitors parking.

The hall is marked out and everything fits which is a relief. I have a kitchen full of cakes, tea bags, paper plates etc so all ready for doors open tomorrow.

Should be a good day

Jerry

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Not for long Jerry ;)

Hopefully it will last a while - we have lots. Maggie Gravett arrived with seven - she is a star!!

Show mostly set up and everything seems to fit. I'm off out with the dogs then breakfast for the team.

Hopefully see many of you later today.

Jerry

Just a bump for the MMRG show at Warminster today.

The civic centre building is at the west end of the car park off Sambourne Rd, post code BA12 8LB.

I will be one of the crew operating Horselunges.

Gordon A

• RMweb Gold

Warm even with all the doors open but not too hot, I castigated Mr Castens for the cameo chaos he's caused which he took in his usual happy way :sungum:

Very good cake, well actually cakes, I had to test more as the first was so good :locomotive:

Oh the layouts? Very good, plenty running nice layouts and had a quick chat with Gordon Gravett who as usual has created a beauty, the backscene is sublime.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A tall persons view of a low cameo ;)

post-6968-0-25194600-1497711442_thumb.jpg

Nice layout though

post-6968-0-37620400-1497711444_thumb.jpg

Mr Rice with a real cameo :jester:

post-6968-0-69056100-1497711446_thumb.jpg

Arun Quay and what a stunning backscene!

post-6968-0-79945600-1497711448_thumb.jpg

post-6968-0-58468700-1497711450_thumb.jpg

post-6968-0-46453600-1497711452_thumb.jpg

no water!

post-6968-0-12445700-1497711454_thumb.jpg

Sydney Gardens

post-6968-0-57391700-1497711456_thumb.jpg

post-6968-0-41812600-1497711460_thumb.jpg

Leysdown

post-6968-0-36827000-1497711458_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

What an excellent show, really enjoyed my visit today well worth the train fare from Bishopstoke Junction. Congratulations to the organisers and all the exhibitors, the cakes were definitely finescale in quality and large scale in quantity. A privilege to see the first public outing for Arun Quay, beautifully done both above and below the track - another classic from Maggie and Gordon. Great to meet up with so many of the gangs from SWAG and Southampton. 

All the very best to all those involved.

Godfrey

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Myself and Ray had a very enjoyable few hours at the show today. Very busy in the morning, but did quieten down later in the day. Excellent layouts, although had seen most before, but did not detract at all.

Gordon and Maggies new layout 'Arun Quay' simply superb! The backscene particuarily subdued but really well done. You could almost feel the river spray / mist blowing across the layout.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Any more photos of the new masterpiece from the Gravetts ?

A splendid show. Top layouts, top people, top venue.

Myself and number one son took an hour and a half to get there. Parked outside, fry up in Morrisons then into the exhibition.

Great to bump into so many people. Highlights were Graeme's{bgman} shirt which rivalled my own more modest effort and CK's shorts.

Here we see Gunner Maddocks at the controls of Shelfie.......

post-14122-0-47160300-1497722940_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-89878500-1497723094_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-25106900-1497723236_thumb.jpg

Edited by nhy581
  • Like 6

A BIG Thank you to ALL of the team and exhibitors, one for the calendar and most definitely a show worth travelling to !

Well done to the organisers, as others have said, excellent selection of layouts, good venue with reasonable parking.

Drove up from Dorchester area and it was well worth the journey.

Sadly for my wallet I happened by the SEF stand and I just had to relieve the nice man of a SECR P class kit.

• Like 3

Great to bump into so many people. Highlights were Graeme's{bgman} shirt which rivalled my own more modest effort and CK's shorts.

Here we see Gunner Maddocks at the controls of Shelfie.......

I thought we were just trying to be anonymous and blend into the background ! :))