Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Bachmann Rep Limited Editions

WILLIAM

• RMweb Gold

Good Morning,

This morning Bachmann made contact regarding the 31-651DB Class 47 model in Intercity Mainline livery. We have been given the following statement:

As you would come to expect, we perform our own quality control when new models are received here in the UK. On this occasion, unfortunately we have found issues with the 31-651DB models and the decision has been made to return them to China to be re-produced. They will return later on in 2018, but we do not currently have a date planned for this. As you all know, we strive to produce our models to the highest possible standards and it is because of this that the decision has been made for them to return."

This is, of course, disappointing but we understand why the model has been returned and if they had been released, I doubt that any of the retailers would have been happy shipping them if they were in anything less than perfect condition. None of the other rep limited editions have been affected, apparently.

Bachmann have announced that there will be an exciting development regarding another model to take the release date of the 31-651DB, and if it's what I think it is, it'll be a cracker! There will be a further update on this in due course.

Kind regards.

Edited by Derails Models

Good Morning,

This morning Bachmann made contact regarding the 31-651DB Class 47 model in Intercity Mainline livery. We have been given the following statement:

This is, of course, disappointing but we understand why the model has been returned and if they had been released, I doubt that any of the retailers would have been happy shipping them if they were in anything less than perfect condition. None of the other rep limited editions have been affected, apparently.

Bachmann have announced that there will be an exciting development regarding another model to take the release date of the 31-651DB, and if it's what I think it is, it'll be a cracker! There will be a further update on this in due course.

Kind regards.

Thats a shame, I was looking forward to receiving this one

I'm surprised there is another model to take the release date of this if they were only returned when the models arrived in the UK, would have thought any surprise models would have needed a production slot and it would have been too late for that

Thats a shame, I was looking forward to receiving this one

I'm surprised there is another model to take the release date of this if they were only returned when the models arrived in the UK, would have thought any surprise models would have needed a production slot and it would have been too late for that

Unless there is something we don't know about like a Collectors Club model that hasn't been announced yet

Guest Midland Mole @ Footplate

Afternoon all,

we have also had an update from Bachmann about their Rep Limited Edition model today.

As you have all seen the news about 31-651DB, the other announcement is that of the loco replacing it in the release slot. 

31-660DB Class 47/4 47628 "Sir Daniel Gooch" GWR 150 - £159.95.

post-31829-0-69068500-1516978232_thumb.jpg

This will be available exclusively from retailers in the Midlands, Wales & Ireland, and is expected to arrive within the next 60 days.

Alex

Edited by Midland Mole @ Footplate
  • Like 7

Afternoon all,

we have also had an update from Bachmann about their Rep Limited Edition model today.

As you have all seen the news about 31-651DB, the other announcement is that of the loco replacing it in the release slot. 

attachicon.gif31-660DB.jpg

This will be available exclusively from retailers in the Midlands, Wales & Ireland, and is expected to arrive within the next 60 days.

Alex

Interesting, so is it fair to assume the 2018 range will include more Rep Ltd Ed 47s? Interesting...

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all,

attachicon.gif31-660DB.jpg

Alex

Thanks. I just placed an order with you.

• RMweb Gold

Vitrains also did 47484 Isambard Kingdom Brunel

47079 was unlike the others not a 47/4 and did not last long in the livery. The other 3 lasted longer.

We just need Bachmann to do 47500 now  :sungum:

Edited by BR Blue

• RMweb Gold

Vitrains also did 47484 Isambard Kingdom Brunel

47079 was unlike the others not a 47/4 and did not last long in the livery. The other 3 lasted longer.

We just need Bachmann to do 47500 now  :sungum:

Quite true, much to enthusiasts dismay 47079 was unveiled at Ripple Lane for the new Railfreight sector unveiling, in Railfreight Metals livery