Mystery Location

PGN

Full marks to that Breton! It is indeed Le Petit Train de St Trojan ... on the Isle d'Oleron.

We were there a little too late for the Train des Mouettes ... and the Musee de Trains Jouets which is signposted off to the right on the way to Oleron was always closed ... even when we went there right slap bang in the middle of its advertised opening hours. I guess they're all a bit more laid back in the Charente Maritime than we can be on this side of the Channel ...

Full marks to that Breton! It is indeed Le Petit Train de St Trojan ... on the Isle d'Oleron.

We were there a little too late for the Train des Mouettes ... and the Musee de Trains Jouets which is signposted off to the right on the way to Oleron was always closed ... even when we went there right slap bang in the middle of its advertised opening hours. I guess they're all a bit more laid back in the Charente Maritime than we can be on this side of the Channel ...

Laid Back - I hope so although we are inland in the Charente 1 weeks rest there is enough to set me up for 3 months work at home - only it would be if I didnt have to negotiate the M25 on the way home thus negating the relaxation

Still trying to work out how I can get the wife to agree to me having a holiday layout !

Back On Topic - Keep meaning to visit the island - although from what I here it suffered in the storms - now have more reason to

Colin

• 2 years later...

On the same theme does anyone know where the photo below was taken.

The Llamas suggest Chile or Patagonia but it is in the UK although there is a Patagonian connection.

It was a Narrow Gauge passenger terminus with mineral extension and was of 1'-11.1/2" gauge.

Llamacrop.jpg

Any ideas ?

Regards, Colin.

Archived