Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

Looks like the Image up loading issue is now sorted, so here are a couple of pics from this morning.

Firstly Greystone, now has it's wall completed and looks all the better for it, but it still needs a final tidy up later.

post-9335-0-45205200-1499604972_thumb.jpg

And also Masons Meadow now has Grass and Cattle

Failed again after attaching just one image, I'll try again later.

Back up and cooking on Gas, Greystones and Masons Meadow.

post-9335-0-57557500-1499607165_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-53856900-1499607198_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-34757400-1499607242_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy. Love the way you have merged the painted trees on the back scene with the modelled species on the layout ...wonderful an inspiration to us all mate .... :sungum:  

Hi Martin

He has inspired me so much that I am not even going to contemplate competing with his arboreal masterpieces. No backscene, layout will be viewed from both sides and all secenic work will end at the railway boundary. 

• Like 1

Hi Martin

He has inspired me so much that I am not even going to contemplate competing with his arboreal masterpieces. No backscene, layout will be viewed from both sides and all secenic work will end at the railway boundary. 

Can understand your reasoning there Clive I too am some what arty arty challenged but I would not totally dismiss a back scene before you have a look at the ready photographed ones from the likes of Gaugemaster etc 

• RMweb Gold

I'm doing  a Backscene Painting Demo at our Clubroom on 1st August if you want to come along, ITS FREE. :O

Hi Andy,

Will there be loudspeakers and video link outside for those of us that can't get near the master in the clubroom?  May have to come down to that ... are the numbers there to show you what colours go where at the start?? If not, I could be in trouble to start with!

Rich

Another masterpiece in the making.

Thanks Andy, hardly a masterpiece mate, just ready to plant Buildings and a splodge of paint at the back, but thanks anyway. I'm more than pleased with the way it's progressed over the last couple of Month.

I thinks the turning point for me was deciding to remove the Depot and adding scenery and greenery, since then I now go out and cant wait to get stuck in to the next bit.

Comments always appreciated, as ever and if you see something obviously wrong that I've done or missed, then please SHOUT.

Cheers.

• Like 2

Hi Andy. Love the way you have merged the painted trees on the back scene with the modelled species on the layout ...wonderful an inspiration to us all mate .... :sungum:  

Cheers Martin, as I said above, it's only splodged on, and if a real Artist saw it he / she would find loads of faults, but as a basic backscene it does work, and it's individual, not only to this Layout, but as I work around, things will change to that it varies going around.

Hi Martin

In answer to Clive's Post, George doesn't like backscenes, but at Exhibitions I prefer NOT to see old gents bellies hanging over their trouser's, hahaha. :scared:  :scared:  :scared:  :scared:​ 

Can understand your reasoning there Clive I too am some what arty arty challenged but I would not totally dismiss a back scene before you have a look at the ready photographed ones from the likes of Gaugemaster etc 

And Martin,your right, I used an N Gauge Gaugemaster one on Deesdale Road, but then painted Trees in front of it to throw it further back into the distance.

post-9335-0-94001200-1499671730_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-11695400-1499671918_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Hi Andy,

Will there be loudspeakers and video link outside for those of us that can't get near the master in the clubroom?  May have to come down to that ... are the numbers there to show you what colours go where at the start?? If not, I could be in trouble to start with!

Rich

You've heard of Henman Hill, and now Murray's Mound, well I'll have Peters Piles, :no:  :no:  :no:  it's 4 House Bricks :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:

Tree-mendous Andy. I'm far too ham fisted to do that, no matter how many demos I go to!! It's impressive how much you've done since I came to see the layout. Keep up the good work, Trevor

Basically Trevor, it's like doing a BAD JOB of painting a wall, go along with a colour, (that forms the Hill) and then SPLODGE on another colour because you don't like it,(there's your Trees), SIMPLES. :sungum:  :sungum:   :no:  :no:  :no:  :mosking:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

In answer to Clive's Post, George doesn't like backscenes, but at Exhibitions I prefer NOT to see old gents bellies hanging over their trouser's, hahaha. :scared:  :scared:  :scared:  :scared:​ 

And Martin,your right, I used an N Gauge Gaugemaster one on Deesdale Road, but then painted Trees in front of it to throw it further back into the distance.

attachicon.gifDSCF1005.jpg

attachicon.gifStafford 2015 31st Jan 1st Feb 004.JPG

Yes Andy, not only did you use a 'N' gauge scene but, you then gave it a quick distant spray of white to 'misty it' before painting the trees.  This did two things 1 - did not distract from the fuelling point and 2 - made it seem further away still.

Peter

Yes Andy, not only did you use a 'N' gauge scene but, you then gave it a quick distant spray of white to 'misty it' before painting the trees.  This did two things 1 - did not distract from the fuelling point and 2 - made it seem further away still.

Peter

Thanks for reminding me of that Peter, I had forgotten I'd done that as well, it certainly worked well.

• RMweb Gold

Cheers Martin, as I said above, it's only splodged on, and if a real Artist saw it he / she would find loads of faults, but as a basic backscene it does work, and it's individual, not only to this Layout, but as I work around, things will change to that it varies going around.

Bl**dy typical 'splodged on'  he says.  

if us lesser mortals 'splodged on' the paint it would look like - hmm, splodges.  Whereas Andy manages splodges more akin to those appearing on a picture by Constable (look carefully and you can see he too was very good at splodges when it came to trees).

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Bl**dy typical 'splodged on'  he says.  

if us lesser mortals 'splodged on' the paint it would look like - hmm, splodges.  Whereas Andy manages splodges more akin to those appearing on a picture by Constable (look carefully and you can see he too was very good at splodges when it came to trees).

But I don't think he could build a new model railway every month.

This morning I decided to make a start on the Oxford Canal Section.

Firstly I removed the backscene and cut out the area for the Canal, and cut and painted the Canal base. This will have several coats of Varnish later.

post-9335-0-15251100-1499707875_thumb.jpg

I then made up the side walls, the right hand side will have a Tow Path later.

post-9335-0-50444300-1499707904_thumb.jpg

I then made the embankment from Dore Lane Bridge

post-9335-0-53878200-1499707945_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-49545900-1499708002_thumb.jpg

Next I made a start on the Backscene.

post-9335-0-99875200-1499708033_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-84659700-1499708080_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-66256900-1499708108_thumb.jpg

Then some Green Gloss paint as a base colour ready for the Grass.

post-9335-0-11103000-1499708141_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-04148000-1499708224_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-69960300-1499708255_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

Firstly I removed the backscene and cut out the area for the Canal, and cut and painted the Canal base. This will have several coats of Varnish later.

attachicon.gifCanal 1 002.JPG

attachicon.gifCanal 1 005.JPG

attachicon.gifCanal 1 006.JPG

attachicon.gifCanal 1 008.JPG

attachicon.gifCanal 1 009.JPG

attachicon.gifCanal 1 013.JPG

attachicon.gifCanal 1 017.JPG

attachicon.gifCanal 1 023.JPG

attachicon.gifCanal 1 025.JPG

attachicon.gifCanal 1 027.JPG

And what did you do after lunch?

In the last pictures is there room to turn the house 90 degrees (or whatever goes there!) so it is flush with the profile board then you can model a front and back garden?   Just a thought.

I think I have found you're missing pictorial it's hanging on the bracket of this pub......

Looks good.

• Like 1

attachicon.gifCanal 1 002.JPG

attachicon.gifCanal 1 005.JPG

attachicon.gifCanal 1 006.JPG

attachicon.gifCanal 1 008.JPG

attachicon.gifCanal 1 009.JPG

attachicon.gifCanal 1 013.JPG

attachicon.gifCanal 1 017.JPG

attachicon.gifCanal 1 023.JPG

attachicon.gifCanal 1 025.JPG

attachicon.gifCanal 1 027.JPG

Superb stuff as usual Andy.

Regards,

Brian.