Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Little Muddle

KNP

500 Pages, and yes always a good morning pic to brighten and inspire me for the day ahead.

When its sunny think of Little Muddle, and dream of being there.

When its raining think of Little Muddle, and days under warm blue sky's.

When its cold think of Little Muddle, and sunnier days to come.

AND

When its Misty, think of Little Muddle, and Misty in the Harbour.

• Like 5
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

When I wake up, well I know I'm gonna see,
I'm gonna see how the Little Muddle grew

And I would read 500 pages
And I would read 500 more

Da da da (da da da)
Da da da (da da da)

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 6
  • Funny 2

On 15/01/2022 at 09:40, KNP said:

As requested by Mark.

I read his comment and went straight upstairs to take some pictures .

Here are they are of a dead tree.....!

Many thanks Kevin, they're just superb, especially the second one. I think I've said before that the greenery on LM is wonderful and easily up at Pendon standards - I actually went there for the first time in about 35 years a few weeks ago so can confirm that I was right! When you look around almost any part of the British countryside there's a surprising amount of dead trees so it's great to see some modelled so well. And it really shows how big the loco is, then I realise that's only a few cm tall. I'll have a think about any requests for photos.

And I'm loving the new angles you're exploring, they're showing some familiar parts of LM in unfamiliar ways. Which makes me think - can you safely fit an iphone just in front of the cottages you've just removed to fix the gate, to give the idea of the view they'd have looking out across their gardens? Or how about this for a challenge - maybe you could try to get a series of photos from somewhere near the viewpoint some of the LM characters would have? I'd like to see what the tramp sees, or what you can see whilst leant on that fence... But please don't damage anything or bust a gut doing it!

Edited by Mark Townend
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

On 20/01/2022 at 14:49, KNP said:

Now thereby lies a tale.

Never been able to source narrow brass strip but I did have these Scalelink industrial roof light frets and used them.

BC02D7CF-B753-4A17-84B0-522249CBB9F1.jpeg.d46d64b26c14f233e782102f1be017d9.jpeg

Now if anybody knows where you can source something like that in longer strips please let us know…

Kevin

Wizard models sell etched brass strip under the Mainly Trains range. The strips are etched in various widths and the narrow width may be suitable.

Jon

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

1 hour ago, KNP said:

Middle Farm from above and behind!

3994.jpg.6fa637061383d9b3cac32464bb220a54.jpg

Is it me or is this slow today?

Just spotted the three farm labourers sitting in the field having a rest and probably something to drink as well. Nice little detail which only came out from this sort of angle. Just goes to show theres always something new to see on LM.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1