Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Premium

Read the manual but didn't realise you could use Post Focus like this.

There are a few bands of fuzziness, just below the cow in the centre of the picture for example but no doubt I'll sort that out.

Thanks

I thought that was the wind waving the long grass during the exposure.

Very nice photo.

• Like 3

Read the manual but didn't realise you could use Post Focus like this.

There are a few bands of fuzziness, just below the cow in the centre of the picture for example but no doubt I'll sort that out.

Thanks

I've now found that in each of the 7 vertical focus settings (going from front to back) on the camera's touch screen you can go one step further into the process by enlarging that setting whereby a slider bar appears with further progressive focus modes within that individual setting.

Blimey, no end to this.

It takes the pictures as an MP4 video sequence from macro to infinity and it appears you can get to all the pictures and save the ones you want.

When all are saved on the cameras SD card you download to a stacking program and off you go.

So ends todays lesson from the Amateur Photographer Magazine......!!!!!!

Might do some work on the layout in a minute.

Edit.

7 settings not 8 - can't count!

7 up, 7 across giving 49 segments that can be post focused 

Edited by KNP
  • Like 2

Well we have seen the video that AY took to go with the photoshoot.

Not to many err's and hmm's from me......

Least I've had one appreciative audience!

post-8925-0-20293100-1500200904.jpg

Very pleased with it and the music set it off very well....

Edited by KNP
  • Like 7

You bought a job lot of blue bean bags from Ikea then? Looking good!

Yes, but once you've sat on them you're there for life......or a sticky end.

The wonders of blue tack!!!!

What did we use before it?

Thanks

Edited by KNP
  • Like 2

Plasticine, it needed to be warm for it to work. :devil:

Never got it work very well plus it tended to stain as well if left awhile.

My favorite back in the annals of time (when dinosaurs roamed the earth!!!!) was double sided sticky tape or doubled up tape - but even then if you left it to long a residue was left.

Hurrah for Blue Tack....one of those quiet revolutions in railway modelling.

Been tackling a few odds and ends one was coal in the bunker of 4825.

Forgot all about until I posted a pics the other day and I noticed in the aerial view it wasn't done....

Well it is now...

I have no idea where I got the lump of coal from but it's years old and I just keep breaking it up.....with the number of loco's I have it will last a while!!!!

Now this is one that might be interest to those of you with an old autocoach - mind is a Dapol one.

IMG_3079.JPG.8f7814a6a4918b33e09bf87a3deb06e0.JPG

When doing the video where the 48xx and autocoach did most of the running I noticed it stutter when pushing the coach on the bend out of Little Muddle station just before the viaduct - but pulling not a problem over the same point

In fact it's done it quite a few times since and when I added the Dart figures the poor old loco had a total wheel slip problem and in one instance stopped completely spinning furiously.

First thought was the loco so I put 12 wagons behind and got it to push them over the same place - not a problem.

Investigating further I found the problem to be the autocoach, as I said earlier pulling no issue, but, when pushing and because of the play in the pivot pin on the bogie it tended to dive in the corner thereby pushing the bogie up so the front wheels hit the underside of the coach floor, happened on both bogies.

So I have fixed a card spacer to stop the bogie frame diving - did both ends on both bogies to keep it level and now I have no problems at all.

Here is the temporary fix - I suspect that when painted dirty black it will be the permanent one as one will ever see it.

IMG_3077.JPG.d15a30fdc78e49f07db3494afb98baae.JPG

Edited by KNP
  • Like 9

• RMweb Gold

I had a similar problem with some Dapol LMS coaches, and what I did was cut a small square of foam rubber type stuff - the squishy open-cell type - and put that between the floor of the coach and the bogies, over the pivot pin.

It also dampens down the rocking and swaying that they used to do over pointwork.

Al.

• Like 2

Some really amazing photographs Kevin and I can totally understand your love of trees as view blockers as it's just such a natural way of doing it. I just hope that when the time comes I can get the same effect on Chumley End 

Trees glorious Trees 

Tall green and uncluttered,

I cant think of anything else at the moment to finish the song, but you get the picture. hahahha  F  A  B  :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:

Remind me again, how many more do I need for Kings Moreton? hahahahha

As for fixing the Windows, I used PVA on my Gaugemaster Signal Box Kit, and had no smearing and they seem to hold O.K. so far.

Edited by Andrew P

• RMweb Gold

Trees glorious trees

Tall green and uncluttered

Just look at the leaves

then eat your bread buttered...

Lionel Bart I ain't.

I cannot think of a better thing to use for a scenic break, as you say they look completely natural.  Pity I model a South Wales mining valley in the 1950s, after they'e been all felled for pit props but before the Forestry Commission replanted them.  My scenic break is giving me problems at the moment because I've lost my creative mojo...

• Like 1

Trees glorious Trees 

Tall green and uncluttered,

I cant think of anything else at the moment to finish the song, but you get the picture. hahahha  F  A  B  :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:

Remind me again, how many more do I need for Kings Moreton? hahahahha

As for fixing the Windows, I used PVA on my Gaugemaster Signal Box Kit, and had no smearing and they seem to hold O.K. so far.

Trees glorious trees

Tall, green and uncluttered

Please show no more, is what I plea

But only under my breath was this muttered

Number of trees, well a few more than many!

I'll give it a whirl, I will try the reverse side first to see how I get on.  

Edited by KNP
  • Like 2

I worked in electronics all my working days and many years ago, when using blue tack to get a very small screw into a very remote hole asked an older colleague exactly the same question. His reply, after a long pause, was 'bogies'

• RMweb Gold

I worked in electronics all my working days and many years ago, when using blue tack to get a very small screw into a very remote hole asked an older colleague exactly the same question. His reply, after a long pause, was 'bogies'

Ah, so that would be a B4 bogie then?

Al.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

See, now, I've got that mental image, and I can't unget it...