Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, KNP said:

Pannier off to the paint shop as nearly all the fittings added plus the crew has been dispatched!

Just missing the sand box control rods,  had to order some more as the ones I had where wrong…

IMG_8692.jpeg.3f391650b567fd12791671363b4fd534.jpeg

IMG_8691.jpeg.2091d5b5950de684d18e3d487e77ff47.jpeg

Excellent job on removing the top feed Kevin.

• Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ray H said:

Is that the final weathering job Kevin?

😄

Er to be honest….

No just a few splashes needed!

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, KNP said:

Pannier off to the paint shop as nearly all the fittings added plus the crew has been dispatched!

Just missing the sand box control rods,  had to order some more as the ones I had where wrong…

IMG_8692.jpeg.3f391650b567fd12791671363b4fd534.jpeg

IMG_8691.jpeg.2091d5b5950de684d18e3d487e77ff47.jpeg

Can i ask where you get the sandbox control rods from Kevin?

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, KNP said:

You know I said I have been thinking about the future of LM….

Well, time for a change

Welcome to the Island of Sodor

Just in time to catch Duck steaming past….!

IMG_8693.jpeg.a58d1178594cf5dd5155221bfe68bc46.jpeg

Actually sorry to disappoint but no.

This is just a base/undercoat to give one tone before applying the GWR green….

Sorry if I got your hopes up!!!

It's Gordon the Green engine in disguise 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, KNP said:

A view of LM station from the road

5766.jpg.4b25aa4fdb4e5fd892e1c5a448886bd0.jpg

Is that the makings of a LCGB brake van special blocking the run round loop - the sort that were run about a week before final closure of the branch...

• Funny 2

12 hours ago, John Besley said:

It's Gordon the Green engine in disguise 

It's not Gordon it's Duck....

Last Sunday was St. Patrick's Day, a very big deal here in the USA (SF Bay Area for me.)  Many  persons are decked out in very bright Kelly Green like this Sodor Lines engine. Leprechauns and four leaf clovers are seen in abundance.

The immediate Irish ancestry percentage of the population has diminished and for the most part generally assimilated into the normal "American"  white population. There are still green kilted pipers bands and Irish folk dance groups performing everywhere in public settings.  But the number of people celebrating St. Patrick's Day with absolutely no ancestral tie has increased dramatically. There were even a group Mesoamerican Mayan dancers and a Brazilian Samba school unit along with a Chinese women's  glockenspiel group wearing Kelly green silk outfits in the San Francisco St. Patrick's day parade.   The parade was overseen by the SF Mayor who is interestingly named London Breed and she is Black.

The sales of Guinness stout (US brewed using a Dublin made mash) and Harp brand lager are huge. Toasts are made with Jameson Whiskey. And everyone has a corned beef and cabbage dinner on tables set with checkered white and green tablecloths.... 

Edited by autocoach
  • Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Round of applause 1

1 hour ago, autocoach said:

It's not Gordon it's Duck....

Last Sunday was St. Patrick's Day, a very big deal here in the USA (SF Bay Area for me.)  Many  persons are decked out in very bright Kelly Green like this Sodor Lines engine. Leprechauns and four leaf clovers are seen in abundance.

The immediate Irish ancestry percentage of the population has diminished and for the most part generally assimilated into the normal "American"  white population. There are still green kilted pipers bands and Irish folk dance groups performing everywhere in public settings.  But the number of people celebrating St. Patrick's Day with absolutely no ancestral tie has increased dramatically. There were even a group Mesoamerican Mayan dancers and a Brazilian Samba school unit along with a Chinese women's  glockenspiel group wearing Kelly green silk outfits in the San Francisco St. Patrick's day parade.   The parade was overseen by the SF Mayor who is interestingly named London Breed and she is Black.

The sales of Guinness stout (US brewed using a Dublin made mash) and Harp brand lager are huge. Toasts are made with Jameson Whiskey. And everyone has a corned beef and cabbage dinner on tables set with checkered white and green tablecloths.... 

So no panniers then.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Limpley Stoker said:

That would be a very slow death!

Call for an ambulance! It might not be too late!

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1