Little Muddle

KNP

2 hours ago, Mark Townend said:

I'm only 51, does that mean I need some fake ID to be allowed to follow LM?!

Looks like 54 is (roughly) the average then, although (@Mark Townend + myself) / 2 = >54.

So we need some more Young Muddlers .

Mrs FP and I used to be proud to bring the average age down quite considerably when we visited National Trust properties. Now we have moved through the average age range and on to just noting the younger people compensating for us . . . .

• Friendly/supportive 8

2 hours ago, Fishplate said:

Looks like 54 is (roughly) the average then, although (@Mark Townend + myself) / 2 = >54.

So we need some more Young Muddlers .

Mrs FP and I used to be proud to bring the average age down quite considerably when we visited National Trust properties. Now we have moved through the average age range and on to just noting the younger people compensating for us . . . .

Well, at 22, I'll bring the average age down a bit.

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, KNP said:

Pannier number six is now ready for some serious weathering 

IMG_8697.jpeg.bf3af3ea0bf48ab72d7be3ffaa8d24b6.jpeg

Though I do have an issue which someone might be able to help with.

Cab side plates.

In the past I have used Modelmasters but I have had issues with them, still owed some UD transfers…!
Looking for another source that looks the same.

Any advice would be most helpful.

Railtec?

https://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=4362

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

4 hours ago, KNP said:

Pannier number six is now ready for some serious weathering 

IMG_8697.jpeg.bf3af3ea0bf48ab72d7be3ffaa8d24b6.jpeg

Though I do have an issue which someone might be able to help with.

Cab side plates.

In the past I have used Modelmasters but I have had issues with them, still owed some UD transfers…!
Looking for another source that looks the same.

Any advice would be most helpful.

"GWR Cab side & smokebox numbers" https://www.247developments.co.uk/ex_gwr_cabside_&_smokebox.html

I've always had good service from here and they can do bespoke numbers too.

• Like 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KNP said:

As requested I delved back into the records and found these pictures of the garage and adjoining store which where taken during the construction of the The Unicorn PH.

u1.jpg.afe32071d7ec25735cf8a84e07638448.jpg

U2.jpg.9e66e1b1e1fa697a26ba557c216f17f5.jpg

And finally placed on the layout but now with the doors added.

IMG_3075.jpg.b057f991fae8d1a715e76516a5cbd934.jpg

March 2021 is the date???

So you can hang doors then! You just choose not to hang the Engine Shed doors.

Well if that isn't a case of blatant discrimination against Engine Sheds I don't know what is. You'd better be careful you know, otherwise some fanatic from the ESRP - that's the Engine Shed Revolutionary Party, may get to hear about this and decide to take action. I wouldn't walk down any dark alleyways if I were you or accept any unsolicited cakes arriving in the post.

Signed a well wisher.

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

15 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

So you can hang doors then! You just choose not to hang the Engine Shed doors.

Well if that isn't a case of blatant discrimination against Engine Sheds I don't know what is. You'd better be careful you know, otherwise some fanatic from the ESRP - that's the Engine Shed Revolutionary Party, may get to hear about this and decide to take action. I wouldn't walk down any dark alleyways if I were you or accept any unsolicited cakes arriving in the post.

Signed a well wisher.

Or they could just blow the other door off!!! In sympathy……

• Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

With a stencilled number, too! They could really catch on!

I must admit the paintwork looks a bit too matt could do with some satin sheen in it, you'd never see the real loco looking like that ... as for the rust painted on the handrails doesn't look right far to much like it's just been done in a rush 

• Funny 5

I'd kind of forgotten what the garage looks like but I remembered it had a detailed interior. Can you actually see any of that when in the layout room without removing any buildings? I like the wood chopping scene.

I happened to drop in to Pendon yesterday as I was almost passing and wasn't in a rush. Much as I think the detail in the modelling there truly astounding and I've previously said yours is right up there with it, I found I was looking at some things there and thinking 'hmm, this isn't as good as Little Muddle'. Sacrilege, I know, and I'm aware that some of Pendon is 80 odd years old.

Edited by Mark Townend
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

7 hours ago, Mark Townend said:

I'd kind of forgotten what the garage looks like but I remembered it had a detailed interior. Can you actually see any of that when in the layout room without removing any buildings? I like the wood chopping scene.

I happened to drop in to Pendon yesterday as I was almost passing and wasn't in a rush. Much as I think the detail in the modelling there truly astounding and I've previously said yours is right up there with it, I found I was looking at some things there and thinking 'hmm, this isn't as good as Little Muddle'. Sacrilege, I know, and I'm aware that some of Pendon is 80 odd years old.

Thanks for the compliment with regard to Pendon.

With regard to the garage well not really but I know its there and I enjoyed building it.

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2

God heavens fly tipping on Little Muddle. I wouldn't stand for that if I were you. You'll have to clamp down hard on this. Next thing you know there will be umbrellas being left and.......

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

God heavens fly tipping on Little Muddle. I wouldn't stand for that if I were you. You'll have to clamp down hard on this. Next thing you know there will be umbrellas being left and.......

crates not being emptied!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 7

3 hours ago, The White Rabbit said:

... fallen doors not being rehung ... 

That's where it all started of course. He wouldn't listen. We warned him but no he knew best and you see what happens absolute carnage. Well he can't say we didn't tell him that's all I've got to say. 

No panniers as well.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

That's where it all started of course. He wouldn't listen. We warned him but no he knew best and you see what happens absolute carnage. Well he can't say we didn't tell him that's all I've got to say. 

No panniers as well.

And we need more 45xx to balance out the Pannier obsession...

• Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1