Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

• RMweb Gold

Come on, somebody must have some T&W Metro pictures.

Here's your starter for 10:

attachicon.gifmetro bridge.jpg

Now lets see a picture witha Metro unit on it (or elsewhere)

Keith

Unfortunately when we stayed in Newcastle on a short break, it was before I got seriously interested in photography. We did travel around on the Metro but took no photos - sorry.

Come on, somebody must have some T&W Metro pictures.

Now lets see a picture witha Metro unit on it (or elsewhere)

Keith

First I have to locate the slidebox then scan the slide, then send it all the way from Australia

Taken in March 1989 at Tynemouth station (I think - feel free to correct me if wrong). Best viewed full screen.

post-4406-0-75858600-1497930293_thumb.jpg

EDIT: The station is Whitley Bay - see below.

Next: Steam and diesel in the same image - but not doubleheading

Edited by bingley hall
  • Like 4

Steam and Diesel in the same image.

post-23233-0-20705300-1497936857.jpg

Tank Engine DD596 and Vickers X1023 "Kariera"

Both of the West Australian Government railways await their respective fates in the mid 80's at the rear of the old WAGR Workshops in Midland West Australia. The tank engine is now cosmetically restored and on display at Gosnells Railway Markets in WA. The X class' was eventually scrapped.

The next photo will have a banking engine at the rear of a train.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Taken in March 1989 at Tynemouth station (I think - feel free to correct me if wrong).

Your are right to query the station. I think you will find it's Whitley Bay, https://goo.gl/maps/aLiqVnxQ4SG2 the next station when travelling anti-clockwise

Tynemouth was the large station I linked to in my earlier post. Both are rather grand edifices for "Tram Stops"!

Cheers

Keith

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 1

Hrvatske Zeljeznice 2132 324, one of two station pilots serving the main station at Zagreb, Croatia (August 2016).

post-10122-0-37027800-1497944137_thumb.jpg

Next a shunting tractor,, small shunter, kleinlok or locotracteur - any small rail-mounted machine being used to move wagons at a minor station.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I have waited a bit to see if anything appeared with standard freight stock, but as it hasn't here's a pw combo.

More photos of that possession and other PW activities can be seen at http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/gallery/album/4267-permanent-way-and-engineers-trains/

post-14351-0-74329700-1497953257_thumb.jpg

How about another PW scene, with a heavier bit of kit - e.g. a crane 

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 2

Your are right to query the station. I think you will find it's Whitley Bay, https://goo.gl/maps/aLiqVnxQ4SG2 the next station when travelling anti-clockwise

Tynemouth was the large station I linked to in my earlier post. Both are rather grand edifices for "Tram Stops"!

Cheers

Keith

Excellent. Thanks for following up on that.

• RMweb Premium

How about another PW scene, with a heavier bit of kit - e.g. a crane

post-7482-0-94945300-1497955001_thumb.jpg

A temporary railway bridge being put in place on the South Island main line, following the massive Kaikoura earthquake in November last year.

Next, a GWR tender loco at Kings Cross, preservation or steam days.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

You rang sir? One from the collection and dating of course from 1948

post-6859-0-64628500-1497955343_thumb.jpg

Jolly good, got there first.

So sticking with this sort of them a Great Western/Western design loco in Scotland - again either in everyday traffic or post preservation etc.

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 3

Cheers

Keith

Lots of excursion traffic to Whitley Bay, and lots of fish traffic from Tynemouth, I think!

Hopefully "exported from Scotland" fits the bill.

Here is P class 2-8-0 no. 521, built by North British in Glasgow (1912) for the standard gauge FC Entre Rios of Argentina.  It kept the same classification and number through absorption into the FC Nacional General Urquiza and FC Argentinos, right through into sale to the FC Presidente Carlos Antonio Lopez of Paraguay, in whose ownership it was seen operating as a wood-burner at Encarnacion in 1992.

post-10122-0-91991400-1497985810_thumb.jpg

Next - a locomotive fitted with trip cock apparatus for working over London Underground lines.

Edited by EddieB
  • Like 4

Hi MetrOLand. Specific locomotives against the rules. You can have a class of locomotives though. May I suggest Class 42 required?

I understood that to mean the 'D800 series' as opposed to the 'D600 series' or Class 50(!) Rather than D800 itself. Don't forget, in that series were also Class 43 {sic} - not the HST though ;)

Notwithstanding, I don't have a pic of either, so I'll get mi 'at an' coat an' b#gger off :)

If he'd asked for a class 42 or whatever, it wouldn't have dawned on me that I photos of them. A D800 Warship is understandable though. Not that you'll get to see one, as I haven't scanned them yet :).

I thought the term "D800 warship" covered 42s and 43s.

Agreed,

and I refer the right honourable gentleman to my avatar

post-7081-0-59106800-1497995698.jpg

Me and my brother and sister watching an unidentified D800 warship loco at Dawlish Warren in about 1969.

oops - beaten to it by Phil

cheers

• Like 2

attachicon.gifWarship class Highbridge 1962.jpg

A pair of class 37s double-headed - please

Here is a pair on coal duty in South Wales

post-7081-0-71483300-1497996167_thumb.jpg

37236 and 37255 pass Bridgend heading west with an empty MGR set from Aberthaw,  7/7/81

And the next photo will include a class 22 hydraulic loco, (or D6300 as my dad referred to them)

cheers

• Like 1