Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

• RMweb Premium

Ohakune Railway Station in the NZ Main Trunk Line running through the North Island from Auckland to Wellington. Beautiful in the middle of winter. Incidentally this is the area where Mordor was filmed for The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

post-7482-0-13207600-1501471958_thumb.png

P next.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Not much of the station but that applies to others posted above! I checked - the station's name is Queen Street not Glasgow QS. There are others - Cardiff's Queen Street & Peckham's Queens Road. There must be plenty of photos of Quainton Road.

post-14351-0-52743500-1501478829_thumb.jpg

R should be easy!

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 2

In October 1988, Western Railway metre-gauge YP 4-6-2 no.2196 prepares to depart from Udaipur City with a westbound passenger train probably heading for Ahmadabad.

YP2196 was 34 years old at the time of this photograph, being one of a batch of 50 constructed by German manufacturer Krauss Maffei in 1954.

(Believe it or not I have a picture of Umberleigh somewhere, but unfortunately not scanned.)

post-4406-0-89514200-1501490357_thumb.jpg

V next

Edited by bingley hall
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

The station from which the Russian word for station comes - вокзал - although the actual derivation seems to be a bit more complicated and seems to involve the Vauxhall Pleasure Gardens, rather than the station.

Seeing these big beasts gently coasting backwards up to Waterloo is very evocative of the last days of steam.

post-14351-0-64509800-1501493639_thumb.jpg

Lots of Ws out there

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 3

Z there's this one, anybody whose ever done the Trans Australian would have seen it, I know a few of you chaps from the Mother Counry have.

The question is did anyone bother to get a photo ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zanthus,_Western_Australia

I suppose I could do a 1400 k round trip for you blokes if We get stuck for a pic, but I probably won't ;)

Edited by The Blue Streak

There's Zoologischer Garten in Berlin, though I haven't got a photo of it myself.

I've got one - but not accessible where I am now :(

Also cant remember if it says Berlin Zoologischer Garten

Google tells me this:

post-1525-0-49727600-1501499343_thumb.png

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Z there's this one, anybody whose ever done the Trans Australian would have seen it, I know a few of you chaps from the Mother Counry have.

The question is did anyone bother to get a photo ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zanthus,_Western_Australia

I suppose I could do a 1400 k round trip for you blokes if We get stuck for a pic, but I probably won't ;)

You might have a problem doing the round trip in under the 24 hours before the wildcard rule kicks in!

I have quite a few Zs - including Berlin Zoologische-Garten, but here's Zirc in Hungary.

attachicon.gif3G5A1541.jpg

Next something from the "shire" counties.

York 'shire' :mosking:

post-1525-0-22480500-1501499498.jpg

Oh B@gger, just beaten to it - but given Phil's request I'll leave it here as the 'devilment factor' still fits in.

Any other shire next then

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 1