Ashbourne Midland

Northpoint

As the sun is shining this afternoon, I thought I would take a few more pics.

The Jinty resting in the siding. A yard crane has been added today as well.

post-6943-0-90379400-1459349035_thumb.jpg

The class 25 arriving on a parcels train.

post-6943-0-95856900-1459349085_thumb.jpg

An overall view of the layout with the 3F arriving on a freight.

post-6943-0-96559800-1459349128_thumb.jpg

The DMU arriving. Were Morris Minors that popular back in the day?

post-6943-0-81773600-1459349185_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Very nice Nick, but this is the one I prefer, I have one for North Road, or another Project.

attachicon.gifs-l225.jpg

Oh? :O What is it then?

McKenzie & Holland 'Type 3', a bit like this one, a kit is available from here rather than Hornby's mis-shapen lump of resin.

Don't think the Midland had any.

Edit - Prety certain the Midland did all signalling 'in house'.

Edited by Worsdell forever

Just need a bit more foot room between the bottom of the steps and the hut :nono: .

On the subject of "foot room" the station building is far too close to the platform edge – the Board of Trade would never have allowed that!

Just need a bit more foot room between the bottom of the steps and the hut :nono: .

On the subject of "foot room" the station building is far too close to the platform edge – the Board of Trade would never have allowed that!

Oh well - it looks like I'll have to scrap it all and start over again...

Or leave it as it is, say sod it, its ONLY a very small model, not a copy of a prototype, My Deesdale and Glen Roy's were quite close like that, but it worked, and with Glen Roy, when in BRM that woman wrote in to say the Policeman's Helmet was wrong and that the bus was a year out of date, trust me, you will never be 100% right unless you copy a Prototype to the mm.

THEN ITS STILL WRONG because its the wrong gauge and powered by electric, NOT STEAM. :no:  :no: :no:  :no: hahah 

• Like 3

Latest from here.

I've been working on 2 things:

a covered unloading area for the brewery wagons

post-6943-0-80251100-1459690917_thumb.jpg

and steps leading up to the platform. I'm not too sure what to do about the station entrance. I thought about maybe a photo background but it's getting the perspective right.

post-6943-0-47916400-1459690925_thumb.jpg

General view

post-6943-0-46027000-1459690931_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

A new station building is being trialled at Ashbourne -

post-6943-0-64226500-1459956703_thumb.jpg

I understand the man from the board of trade is coming tomorrow to check the distance from the platform edge.

A surprise as larger power arrived on the local pasenger train -

post-6943-0-34532500-1459956710_thumb.jpg

post-6943-0-99078100-1459956715_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

A new station building is being trialled at Ashbourne -

attachicon.gif41.jpg

I understand the man from the board of trade is coming tomorrow to check the distance from the platform edge.

A surprise as larger power arrived on the local pasenger train -

attachicon.gif42.jpg

attachicon.gif43.jpg

Hahahah I've just got the same Station Building today for Porth Merryn, nice little Building, looks dead right on AM.

• Like 1

Has any body any experience with Cobalt point motors? I bought a box of six some time ago and got them out this morning with a view to using them on the layout (currently push rods through slide switches). I rigged up a 12v supply - 3 worked fine, of the other 3, 1 didn't fire at all and the other 2 went so slowly and gave up half way through.

Is this common?

I have e-mailed DCC Concepts but with the time difference it could be half past next Tuesday by the time I get a reply!

Has any body any experience with Cobalt point motors? I bought a box of six some time ago and got them out this morning with a view to using them on the layout (currently push rods through slide switches). I rigged up a 12v supply - 3 worked fine, of the other 3, 1 didn't fire at all and the other 2 went so slowly and gave up half way through.

Is this common?

I have e-mailed DCC Concepts but with the time difference it could be half past next Tuesday by the time I get a reply!

From what I understand Nick, they have been up-dated, Jeff, (Physicsman in the Settel and Carlile section / Kirkby Luneside 2) had a lot of problem ones on his first Kirkby Luneside a couple of years back, about 14 not working / not working as they should, out of about 40.

From what I understand Nick, they have been up-dated, Jeff, (Physicsman in the Settel and Carlile section / Kirkby Luneside 2) had a lot of problem ones on his first Kirkby Luneside a couple of years back, about 14 not working / not working as they should, out of about 40.

These are the original ones I bought in a pack of 6 about 3 years ago and have only just got around to using. I have heard they can be trouble.

Anyway, in all fairness to DCC Concepts, I got a pretty prompt reply making a couple of suggestions - which I have done, but still no joy - so I'm awaiting the next proposal from them.

So here's a couple of photos in the meantime.

post-6943-0-15026000-1460457825_thumb.jpg

post-6943-0-70202400-1460457830_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Just got home form day 1 at Sutton Coldfield.

A bit of a nightmare to start with. I have to apologise to anybody who might have been vieiwing the layout in the first hour or so for the poor performance.

Despite cleaning the track three times and the wheeels on all the locomotives the number of stalls and finger prods was totally unacceptable.

I have to say that as the day progressed things settled down a bit and we got to the stage where the Jinty would shunt the goods train without having to be prodded every two minutes.

No idea what the problem was, but hopefully things will be OK for tomorrow.