2ManySpams

That's how I remember St Blazey from the late '60s / early '70s.  None of this Modern Image Class 37 stuff......

Shame the show was light years from where I live.  Would have liked to have seen DitD very much.  Any chance Stubby can arrange for an invite to somewhere down yer???

We love it down there

happy to come any time

• RMweb Premium

The hunched stance is a result of cracking my head on Damian's light pelmet every time, I can still feel it.

I did keep telling you to mind you head, admittedly after each bang, but we were counting on some sort of pain avoidance learning happening! Trust me we've all learned the hard way too...

• RMweb Gold

SWAG party?

Do you eat pasties, Cream Teas and drink beer?

hmmm i'm not sure

Pasties - that's a definite YES - in fact the Captain has been known to test-drive quite a few before the party, to ensure consistency of quality

Cream Teas -  not as such but there are plenty of cakes available

Beer - the SWAG party has now extended into the Saturday as well, where particiants can partake in travelling on the WSR to Minehead and sampling the refreshments on the train, followed by an evening meal in a local hosterly, where again refreshments may be enjoyed.

Are you convinced yet ?  Mr. Mind Yer 'ead can probably give chapter and verse on the suitablity of this form of entertainment for non-SWAGGers.

My baby certainly enjoyed its brief visit.

attachicon.gifD4BW.jpg

attachicon.gifD2s.jpg

To wind Damian up even more the clock kept going backwards with Kernow MRC's other weathered Westerns locos putting in an appearance.

attachicon.gifD3s.jpg

By way of ending such frivolities and to lower Damian's blood pressure here's something more in keeping.

attachicon.gifDF4s.jpg

I did a double take over that first black and white photo as it so realistic! Superb!

I like the other photos too, but that first one just does it for me!

Edited by cornish trains jez

My baby certainly enjoyed its brief visit.

attachicon.gifD4BW.jpg

I think the reason this photo is so convincing is the depth of focus, with the rear wagons still pretty much in focus fading into the slightly more blurred background.  I bet the excellent lighting rig on DITD made all the difference when taking it.

Douglas

Being basically a "Steam man", I have extreme difficulty in distinguishing one Diesel class from another, so I was amused to see, fairly early on Saturday morning a small group of 3 people being essentially Train-spotters, commenting on (and noting) the running number of each arrival (as John introduced them via his DCC Gismo), and I heard one say " I'm waiting for number 371* ", as if he needed it to complete the list in his Ian Allen book.

(* I have almost certainly mis-remembered the number he was looking for!).

Were they checking against the shed allocation list I wonder? - Don't think that they would have noticed either the "Admiral Rodney" pub, or Stubby's caravans! - Isn't people watching fascinating?

• Like 3